TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cookeville, TN Supercharger

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by swingwing, Jul 15, 2017.

1. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Guess I'm going to have to drive the ICE to see the eclipse. :(

2. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

I still haven't decided since I have less than 100 miles to go (if traffic is really bad I might stop less than 20 miles from home). I could make it on a charge if the weather is good and traffic is bad. Flip those around and I could end up driving an extra 100 miles to find better weather.

So I'm going to gas up the Prius Friday and then decide which car to take when I have breakfast Monday.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia Member

I stopped by the Cookeville location as well. Still a hole where the transformer should be.
    DSC_3882.jpg

• Like x 2
  4. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Was 300 miles round trip for me. Chattanooga Supercharger would have been necessary, twice, considering the return southbound traffic. So I met friends and carpooled 200 miles in a new Dodge RAM pickup truck with 5.7L Hemi.

All for lack of a Supercharger.

5. swingwing

swingwing Member

Talked to Mike M (Cookeville Utility Engineering Tech assigned to the SC) on 24 AUG and he states that the utility is awaiting Tesla and the property owners to come to agreements about easements. Sounds like the easements didn't clear all the channels they needed to yet. He stated the as soon as he gets notice easements are complete, the utility has everything they need to rock and roll. Will Advise of any updates.

• Like x 1
  6. MMC-

MMC- S70D Refresh > S75D. "*MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS*"

Hmm.. that's something that should have been worked out long before construction started. Could it be the property owner maybe is having 2nd thoughts?

7. swingwing

swingwing Member

Yeah, he said something that Tesla was chomping at the bit to get in there, and then after they put it all in maybe the owner wanted if done differently or something. Who knows.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia Member

With the location of it in the parking lot, it doesn't appear that it interferes in anyway with the businesses customer parking. There did seem to be some employee parking for one of the companies near that area, so maybe that is the problem.

9. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Went by yesterday still the same, virtually complete from Tesla's end.

10. Jim T

Jim T Member

Anyone have any info on proposed Manchester Supercharger? It is shown on the 'Tesla Supercharger map' but not on the 'supercharge.info' map...

11. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Things only populate to supercharge.info when evidence of permitting or construction has started. Announced SpC's are not listed on that map.

12. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't mention 2017, you should assume that they mean next year.

13. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

This location is taking much too long. Any updates?

14. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I'll stop by Sunday night and take a look.

15. swingwing

swingwing Member

Drove by yesterday, no change in supercharger. But there was what looked like a construction trailer parked in one of the spaces. But that could just be coincidence.

16. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Went by just now 11 am. Workers on site. Asked about transformer and one said that's what were working on. He said it shouldn't be much longer now and I was impressed that they were working on a Sat. There was an additional truck and trenchig equipment closer to the mall on the same parking lane as the SC.No real change in actual site yet

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Drove by late Sunday night. Still not active. All sorts of machinery both in front of and behind the pedestals.

18. ReinSauter

ReinSauter New Member

All construction is gone again all looks ready to charge, a friend of mine lives next to it and send me the picture. Open yet?

Attached Files:

19. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Definitely not open yet as the pedestals aren't numbered.

Occasionally, the Tesla tech will test a supercharger, number the pedestals and then still turn the power off for whatever reason (approval by local utility or whatever), so the superchargers being numbered doesn't necessarily mean it's up and running, but when they aren't numbered, you can be sure that it isn't.

If you drive by at night and see the TESLA logos lit up, that means electricity is humming. The only thing stopping you at that point would be if the lot were roped off or barricaded which sometimes happens due to paving, landscaping or something similar.

20. sgregory

sgregory Member

thank you all for the updates. this will be a great location