Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cookeville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I'm going to have to drive the ICE to see the eclipse. :(

I still haven't decided since I have less than 100 miles to go (if traffic is really bad I might stop less than 20 miles from home). I could make it on a charge if the weather is good and traffic is bad. Flip those around and I could end up driving an extra 100 miles to find better weather.

So I'm going to gas up the Prius Friday and then decide which car to take when I have breakfast Monday.

I stopped by the Cookeville location as well. Still a hole where the transformer should be.
DSC_3882.jpg

Reactions: vdiv and Acps110
I still haven't decided since I have less than 100 miles to go (if traffic is really bad I might stop less than 20 miles from home). I could make it on a charge if the weather is good and traffic is bad. Flip those around and I could end up driving an extra 100 miles to find better weather.

Was 300 miles round trip for me. Chattanooga Supercharger would have been necessary, twice, considering the return southbound traffic. So I met friends and carpooled 200 miles in a new Dodge RAM pickup truck with 5.7L Hemi.

All for lack of a Supercharger.

Talked to Mike M (Cookeville Utility Engineering Tech assigned to the SC) on 24 AUG and he states that the utility is awaiting Tesla and the property owners to come to agreements about easements. Sounds like the easements didn't clear all the channels they needed to yet. He stated the as soon as he gets notice easements are complete, the utility has everything they need to rock and roll. Will Advise of any updates.

Reactions: MMC-
With the location of it in the parking lot, it doesn't appear that it interferes in anyway with the businesses customer parking. There did seem to be some employee parking for one of the companies near that area, so maybe that is the problem.

Went by just now 11 am. Workers on site. Asked about transformer and one said that's what were working on. He said it shouldn't be much longer now and I was impressed that they were working on a Sat. There was an additional truck and trenchig equipment closer to the mall on the same parking lane as the SC.No real change in actual site yet

Definitely not open yet as the pedestals aren't numbered.

Occasionally, the Tesla tech will test a supercharger, number the pedestals and then still turn the power off for whatever reason (approval by local utility or whatever), so the superchargers being numbered doesn't necessarily mean it's up and running, but when they aren't numbered, you can be sure that it isn't.

If you drive by at night and see the TESLA logos lit up, that means electricity is humming. The only thing stopping you at that point would be if the lot were roped off or barricaded which sometimes happens due to paving, landscaping or something similar.