Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool Hotels Near Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CHGolferJim

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2014
Chapel Hill NC
Thought it would be nice to have a central reference for our road warriors who'd like to stay at interesting non-chain hotels during their Supercharger Highway travels.

Hotel DeFuniak
Just a note to say that I visited the DeFuniak Springs supercharger twice on a round trip last week from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. On the return trip, I stayed at the Hotel DeFuniak and definitely recommend it. It's in the historic district just 2 blocks from the supercharger, in a restored building built in 1920 as a Masonic Lodge. It's listed as "One of Florida's Top Ten B&B Inns" and the restaurant was really good, too. The owners, Tom and Pam Hutchins, are on site and as I was eating a delicious dinner of red snapper fresh from the Gulf, Pam stopped by my table to ask if everything was okay. The next morning, Tom was cooking blueberry pancakes for breakfast. If your timing includes an overnight stay or even just a meal, I recommend this place. The lake is easy walking distance from the supercharger, too. You can walk around the lake or out on a public pier to stretch your legs a bit after a long ride in the car.
[Originally posted by smil3193]

Hotel Defuniak has been closed since about Sept 2015. It's currently still listed as a restroom stop on the Tesla website. If you need a restroom stop before you get to the supercharger. Bogies restaurant will let you use the restroom if they are open and the food there is very good.