Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool Model S Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yep. They contacted me after I sent it in and asked if they could use it for their Halloween post. Thanks to stevezzzz for the idea. Took his picture of the turn signal and thought it might look cool with the lights out so closed the garage door so it was pitch black and started taking pictures with the turn signal blinking.

Here's my contribution from Miami:

tesla model s hdr 3-XL.jpg

Well, I had my first Model S meeting yesterday. SteveZZZZ and I are both pilots, so we met at the airport and took a flight in my vintage, Bell 47, helicopter; yes its the MASH 'copter. It was pretty strange to look in my rearview mirror on the way to the airport and see a near clone of my car behind me. Steve has the same signature red as me. Steve is a professional photographer and he composed a great picture of the helicopter and the two Teslas before the sun went away. I took a quick snapshot with my iPhone while he was shooting with his pro SLR. Here is the snapshot. I hope that SteveZZZZ will post one of his shots as well.

Attachments

• Heli Pic-med.jpg
    Heli Pic-med.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,985
Well, I had my first Model S meeting yesterday. SteveZZZZ and I are both pilots, so we met at the airport and took a flight in my vintage, Bell 47, helicopter; yes its the MASH 'copter. It was pretty strange to look in my rearview mirror on the way to the airport and see a near clone of my car behind me. Steve has the same signature red as me. Steve is a professional photographer and he composed a great picture of the helicopter and the two Teslas before the sun went away. I took a quick snapshot with my iPhone while he was shooting with his pro SLR. Here is the snapshot. I hope that SteveZZZZ will post one of his shots as well.

Thanks to Cottonwood for my first Bell 47 flight: what a fantastic view from that giant bubble in the sky! I think his angle on this shot may be better than mine was: too many hangar reflections in my S, on the right. BTW, for you geeks out there, the license plate reads "I SQR R". :biggrin:
20121108-_DSC0460.jpg
20121108-_DSC0466.jpg
20121108-_DSC0471.jpg
20121108-_DSC0678.jpg

Before everyone gets antsy, here's another version that I spent a few minutes on - no photo stealing, please.

View attachment 11319

Sweet!

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, though, I think I prefer the first version because of the haloing and noise in the reworked, second version. It's a great effect, overall, but comes across as a tad 'overcooked'.

Thanks to Cottonwood for my first Bell 47 flight: what a fantastic view from that giant bubble in the sky! I think his angle on this shot may be better than mine was: too many hangar reflections in my S, on the right. BTW, for you geeks out there, the license plate reads "I SQR R". :biggrin:

Great getting up in the air with you, SteveZZZZ. Maybe a few more reflections in your angle, but boy the dynamic range in your photos is shows why size still matters in cameras; just look at the shadow detail difference. Also, looking at the multiple photos, you can see why the main rotor mount on the Bell 47 is called a teetering hinge.