Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool new logo!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. I am not a fan. This looks like about zero steps forward, ten back. I'm gonna have to do something with my browser plugins to find the old logo and swap the image file(s) so I don't have to see this new one. The disconnect with the Tesla branding is jarring. Ugh. It's so . . . disappointing.

View attachment 46098

Please reconsider, powers that be. This new thing is not good. If I were Elon I'd be wondering wtf happened to TMC.

Agreed. That's why I thought that Tesla asked for it to be changed, as I didn't think anyone would do it voluntarily. Of course, I didn't think anyone would want the iPhone to look like a little kid's Speak and Spell either.

Oh, it's way beyond "don't." I think it's horrible. Tacky. Tasteless. Amateur. No disrespect to the TMC team, but jeepers creepers, the new logo is a disaster. Might as well have selected Comic Sans as your font.

It would be one thing if the TMC powers that be could explain that Tesla Motors legal leaned on TMC and said to cut it out with the use of their logo, likeness, font choice, etc. Okay then. But if it wasn't that, then, well, I can't think of any reason to ruin what was classy and cool and impressive.

From a design perspective, the new logo (and the choice of font) is a serious clash with the Tesla branding. So it creates a dissonance that is psychologically and viscerally painful. It's something a good designer would simply never allow to happen.

I know for every word I utter about this logo disaster I'm heading into deeper and deeper trouble with the powers that be, but I feel that strongly about it. When I see something this bad, I can't not speak up: it really does need to be discussed. Yikes.

If this is how you react to annoyances, I hate to see what happens when you encounter a problem. :)

I happen to like it. The "C" being the same shape as the outside of the "M", just rotated 90 degrees. To my eye, the "T" is not quite right. It's too straight...not enough curve. I think it should be like the "M" but without the bottom legs. Like this:

TMC.png

An alternate "T" would crop the corners, like this:
TMC2.png

Logo change?

Was away for only a few hours, refreshed to look for new posts and see that the logo / title has changed!

Looks nice, but seems to have some layout issues with the countdown banner in the header.

n.m., had window maximized, seems the countdown position changes fine with window width.

New TMC Logo

Nice update to the Tesla Motors Club Logo and font. Not sure who to give credit to, but awesome job.
I could see T shirts, sweatshirts, hats and other kitschy items with the new logo. It you offer it, I will buy it!

---- update ----
Thanks igor021 for your design!

It sure is one strange looking "M" -- if you can even call it a "M". Weird and tacky is how I would describe it. I still like how the forum looked when I joined back in November best but this is the second change since that time so maybe the next change in a few months will be better...