Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool new logo!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the video game that had triangular lines and you used a dial to "walk" around the center firing into it? It was like a spider walking around the center. That is what it reminded me of. I couldn't find it with google image searches.

What was the video game that had triangular lines and you used a dial to "walk" around the center firing into it? It was like a spider walking around the center. That is what it reminded me of. I couldn't find it with google image searches.

Tempest?

tempest.jpg

I'm not going to be so harsh to its designer as others, but it is not one I would have voted for. Did the club get its knuckles rapped earlier for having too close a resemblance to Tesla Motors's fonts, colors, etc? I absolutely preferred the original.

Yeah, stick it in the forum section for Site Feedback. Loads of people go there for news regarding the site. /sarcasm

That needed to be right at the top where the logo should be "Hey, we're changing our logo! Help us decide!"

View attachment 54251

You're probably right that more attention could have been brought to it, but site feedback IS the proper forum for it. There were several pages of discussion as well.

Putting aside like/dislike for a second, the logo isn't aligned correctly. I first noticed it when they had it on the giant screens for TMC Connect this weekend. The stylized T and C are closer together than the T/M and M/C.
I generally like the logo but I have to agree with this.

For those in charge, is there any chance we can get this fixed? I'm happy to assist if I can.

Is there even one thread on TMC where people are in full agreement about anything? -shrug- We had no expectations that this one would be any different. At the end of the day, it's up to the owners of TMC what the logo shall be. I know they appreciate the input. But design by committee doesn't work out well.

I really disliked the corporate value at one company where I worked of 'consensus must be reached' because nothing ever got done. I was THRILLED when I went to Intel and found 'disagree and commit' as a value, because people put their opinion on the table, were heard, argued passionately, the decision makers made their decision, and then we moved on. Over. Done. Onto the next whateverathand. Soooo much more efficient.

At the end of the day, someone has to make the call. There was plenty of time for input here. This is a car forum, not the final path to world peace. There is no misspelling or grammatical error that will forever grind away at your eyeballs or sensibilities. No one will get sick and die. No one is forever maimed. No stock price is impacted. And if the TMC powers that be decide they want to change it someday, they will. Because they can. Or not. It's like that.

:)

Is there even one thread on TMC where people are in full agreement about anything? -shrug- We had no expectations that this one would be any different. At the end of the day, it's up to the owners of TMC what the logo shall be. I know they appreciate the input. But design by committee doesn't work out well.

I really disliked the corporate value at one company where I worked of 'consensus must be reached' because nothing ever got done. I was THRILLED when I went to Intel and found 'disagree and commit' as a value, because people put their opinion on the table, were heard, argued passionately, the decision makers made their decision, and then we moved on. Over. Done. Onto the next whateverathand. Soooo much more efficient.

At the end of the day, someone has to make the call. There was plenty of time for input here. This is a car forum, not the final path to world peace. There is no misspelling or grammatical error that will forever grind away at your eyeballs or sensibilities. No one will get sick and die. No one is forever maimed. No stock price is impacted. And if the TMC powers that be decide they want to change it someday, they will. Because they can. Or not. It's like that.

:)

Well put!