Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool video of a Tesla Roadster Racing through the streets of Madrid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video of a Tesla Roadster Racing through the streets of Madrid -- Possilby a Game

Here's a video of what appears to be a Tesla Roadster pushing it through the streets of Madrid although I translated the comment and looked at his other videos and it appears to be a game. Looks pretty real to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it was a game... And yes the stabilization of the camera was an identifier. Good call :) After replaying it the whine of the electric motor didn't sound right / real when he was going through the turns. Right when he should have been accelerating and was the whine was off and not intense. It was only whining down the straights. They did add the right amount of under-steer feeling to it for sure.

Looked like it would be lots of fun if it was a real blocked off race!

Yep, it was a game... And yes the stabilization of the camera was an identifier. Good call :) After replaying it the whine of the electric motor didn't sound right / real when he was going through the turns. Right when he should have been accelerating and was the whine was off and not intense. It was only whining down the straights. They did add the right amount of under-steer feeling to it for sure.

Looked like it would be lots of fun if it was a real blocked off race!

Also the wheels, bumps and exterior noises would be louder.

Also the wheels, bumps and exterior noises would be louder.

So true, unless he had the sound deadening kit :)

The other clue was the "tach" and speed from the '08 Roadster cluster. Typically those two always go up and down in parallel. But in the game when he was entering the turns the tach/rpm cluster dove down way faster than the speed which isn't possible unless he had total wheel slip from the rear drive locking.

Some of the touches though are really good. The annoying sun visor that's too small to help, but big enough to get in the way. The single wiper blade.

The giveaway for me though was the rear view mirror - none of it was occluded by the small window it was looking out of :)

I saw the headline of this post and thought someone had been filming me driving home from work :)

I know those streets well (Puerta del Sol up to Puerta de Alcala via the Stock Exchange) but unfortunately that city center circuit hasn't been set up (yet). However maybe when Formula E gets going Madrid will sign up as one of the next round of cities to join in (after all, the guy behind Formula E *is* Spanish). Then, maybe we can do the real version of this video... mind you, not in my Roadster! You don't bounce off the crash barriers in real life like you do in GT5!

I saw the headline of this post and thought someone had been filming me driving home from work :)

I know those streets well (Puerta del Sol up to Puerta de Alcala via the Stock Exchange) but unfortunately that city center circuit hasn't been set up (yet). However maybe when Formula E gets going Madrid will sign up as one of the next round of cities to join in (after all, the guy behind Formula E *is* Spanish). Then, maybe we can do the real version of this video... mind you, not in my Roadster! You don't bounce off the crash barriers in real life like you do in GT5!

I opened this thread thinking mgemmell filmed this video!