Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool webapp for model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestions:

- use more of the available real estate, especially in drive mode. I'd say you could plus size the round gauges about 25% and still fit easily. This would also allow for bigger fonts, see next point.

- take font size cues from the speedometer gauge, there are probably 3 usable sizes there, use them and only these sizes everywhere in teslapage. Fonts in teslapage gauges look good on a home PC browser but in car all teslapage fonts are too small. This is not a stylistic preference, but functionally numbers need to be bigger to be seen-at-a-glance. e.g. the weather widget current temperature should choose the same font size as the remaining Rated Range on the speed-o.

- clock: drop the seconds hand. Thicken the hour hand, or consider making the hour hand a Tesla fang logo with tip of fang pointing at the hour. That would be unique! Drop the shadow effect on all hands. Hour numbers font should be sans-serif, better matches the car. The minute numbers around the perimeter cannot be seen, drop them. I appreciate seeing an hour number at each hour mark, not just the 12 - 3 - 6- 9 some clocks show. Keep them all!

- the text button "toggle color" should say "day / night display". There is no color changing going on and putting the word "toggle" on a control is very geek. The control itself should look like a toggle and the half shaded sun logo you chose speaks well enough to the toggle effects of that control.

- swap positions of "drive mode" button to the other side of browser where "change country" is now, puts it closer at hand to the driver

- put change country feature as drop down behind the now ubiquitous triple-bar icon that indicates "menu" on mobile apps. You'll be able to add other configurable settings there in future. Like changing the background color / style, see below. :smile:

- make the clock the center gauge, very classic in Mercedes, Lexus, etc.. Put the multi-widget gauge on left, closer in hand for driver.

- the gradient grey background doesn't render the best on the car screen, getting some halo rings of gradient shift. Consider just Piano Black goes with anything, or a grey Obeche wood pattern that would go great with my Obeche dash. :wink:

Thanks for putting this out there!

Thanks guys.. And specially you scottm for your very specific UX enhancements. I will definetly take your suggestions into account on the next version. Its good to have a second pair of eyes to change the perspective.. Thanks!

Dear fellow tesla owners, i have just released a new version of http://teslapage.com. It is mainly visual enhancements for the new Tesla OS 7. Some layout changes, and a new menu.

In short:
- New menu button (top right) where you can change the background of the header.
- Three backgrounds to choose from, Brushed aluminum, obeche and carbon.
- Portal fits snugly in the new Tesla OS (7).
- color changes and temperature for some visual elements
- Fonts are now consistent around the portal, and text is now easier to read.
- and a lot of other minor details.

Thanks to scotm for your suggestions.

Keep the suggestions and reports coming. :)

Thanks All!

hi there,

I have been using your app since the beginning and think it is the best one out there. it has the best look and feel as an extension of what the car needs.

there are however, some small points that would interest me personally. I guess that is the perspective one is obliged to have with a resource like this.......

for Switzerland you aggregate only SWISS German news.......... it would be fantastic if in a future update you could add a new "country" - Suisse. and here aggregate news in French and maybe even a third "country" title for Switzerland - Svizzera. with Italian aggregation....... Tesla themselves have this triple distinction for Switzerland since the three parts are really quite different.

also, in the very beginning there was someone that had suggested to add altitude to the display. I suspect why you never did that is because the car only gives you the gps coordinates and not the altitude....... if not, please do add altitude it is a very relevant travel info in countries with major elevation changes and temperate weather patterns.

when I try the app on my iPad the up and down scrolling always works well but on the tesla screen it often gets stuck. (read always)....... is there anyway to deal with this phenomenon or is it just something we have to live with........

as you work with openchargemap could you also work with someone like trip adviser for similar functionality with nearby hotels and restaurants.......... this always comes in handy on a long trip where an overnight stay might become necessary along the current route......

THANKS FOR A GREAT WEB APP!!!!!!

best

felix b.

Last edited:
hi there,

I have been using your app since the beginning and think it is the best one out there. it has the best look and feel as an extension of what the car needs.

there are however, some small points that would interest me personally. I guess that is the perspective one is obliged to have with a resource like this.......

for Switzerland you aggregate only SWISS German news.......... it would be fantastic if in a future update you could add a new "country" - Suisse. and here aggregate news in French and maybe even a third "country" title for Switzerland - Svizzera. with Italian aggregation....... Tesla themselves have this triple distinction for Switzerland since the three parts are really quite different.

also, in the very beginning there was someone that had suggested to add altitude to the display. I suspect why you never did that is because the car only gives you the gps coordinates and not the altitude....... if not, please do add altitude it is a very relevant travel info in countries with major elevation changes and temperate weather patterns.

when I try the app on my iPad the up and down scrolling always works well but on the tesla screen it often gets stuck. (read always)....... is there anyway to deal with this phenomenon or is it just something we have to live with........

as you work with openchargemap could you also work with someone like trip adviser for similar functionality with nearby hotels and restaurants.......... this always comes in handy on a long trip where an overnight stay might become necessary along the current route......

THANKS FOR A GREAT WEB APP!!!!!!

best

felix b.

Thanks Felix!

In regards to the news aggregations; could you provide me with at 3-5 online swiss news sources, in each of these languages? That would be great and then i could create these additional choices in the menu.

-Hotels and restaurants is a great idea! Im researching this possibility as we speak!
- Stucked screen is just something we have to live with. I have spent countless of hours trying to make it "stuck less".. And this is the best i can do for the moment. Hopefully tesla will release an updated browser in the future with support for scrolling inside html boxes. Then i wont need to simulate this by html trickery, and in turn the browser wont repaint the whole page for every action we do and thus the page will be more responsive. (long sentence and you probably didnt understand squat.. hehe)
- I can see the problem in mountainous areas, and can see it might be useful with altitude information. Ill stick this in the feature request list.

Thanks for your inputs!

Dear fellow tesla owners, i have just released a new version of http://teslapage.com. It is mainly visual enhancements for the new Tesla OS 7. Some layout changes, and a new menu.

In short:
- New menu button (top right) where you can change the background of the header.
- Three backgrounds to choose from, Brushed aluminum, obeche and carbon.
- Portal fits snugly in the new Tesla OS (7).
- color changes and temperature for some visual elements
- Fonts are now consistent around the portal, and text is now easier to read.
- and a lot of other minor details.

Thanks to scotm for your suggestions.

Keep the suggestions and reports coming. :)

Thanks All!

I really like this webpage in my Tesla. Thanks for it. My suggestion is that when it asks for my location and it finds out I am in Canada, it gives me a lot of the "News" in the French language. Is it possible to limit the French language news to only those who use it in Quebec? You can get rid of the French altogether, but the French Canadians probably like it.

Hopefully tesla will release an updated browser in the future with support for scrolling inside html boxes. Then i wont need to simulate this by html trickery, and in turn the browser wont repaint the whole page for every action we do and thus the page will be more responsive.!

I get it, and I've fought with that problem for days on trying to get the browser to redraw the page when a scroll happens. Not gonna happen. I've probably spent a week trying to get *something* to work, but never succeeded.

Thanks Felix!

In regards to the news aggregations; could you provide me with at 3-5 online swiss news sources, in each of these languages? That would be great and then i could create these additional choices in the menu.

-Hotels and restaurants is a great idea! Im researching this possibility as we speak!
- Stucked screen is just something we have to live with. I have spent countless of hours trying to make it "stuck less".. And this is the best i can do for the moment. Hopefully tesla will release an updated browser in the future with support for scrolling inside html boxes. Then i wont need to simulate this by html trickery, and in turn the browser wont repaint the whole page for every action we do and thus the page will be more responsive. (long sentence and you probably didnt understand squat.. hehe)
- I can see the problem in mountainous areas, and can see it might be useful with altitude information. Ill stick this in the feature request list.

Thanks for your inputs!

Great! I'll get you some sources for the news feeds and maybe you should think of a similar idea for Quebec....... just saying :)

I'll live with it....I have for the past good year and a half

Great with the hotels and restos! I thought of Trip Adviser because its so global but the obvious choice for Europe is Via Michelin with its Michelin guides.......

and for the altitude if its possible. Here they often tell us that the freezing point will be at a specific altitude and that is VERY good to know on the morning drive to the office!!

HOWEVER, if a lot of people want a digital clock you could put it as an option but I don't really get it since the car already has a digital clock......?!

best

felix b.

- - - Updated - - -

here are the 3 major french speaking papers:

[http://www.lematin.ch]
[http://www.tdg.ch]
[http://www.24heures.ch]

and the 2 leading italian speaking papers:

[http://www.cdt.ch]
[http://www.ticinonews.ch]

thanks again for your great web app!

felix b.