Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool webapp for model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your ideas and reports guys!
clea: It automatically sets F when US is chosen as country. Else it shows C

hmm i'll check again but am pretty sure it is set to ca (Canada) ... and is still F.

EDIT:
I went out and did a full reload instead of just a refresh and the temp is now in Celsius, thanks!

yesterday it was in F but I had only done a refresh and the country designation was ca but it seemed faded and today with the full reset it also asked me again to allow it access to location data so the mismatch is probably related to using old data from the previous version.

Last edited:
nice work! I have to say I like the older design better because it allowed me to see the weather forecast without having to click anywhere. maybe allow to choose between "legacy" and "new" look?

Second this; I prefer to have the forecast available. Also, I dislike the inconsistent access to the lower panel options, split between the tabs and the center dial. It seems better to just add tabs and retain the weather forecast? Otherwise very attractive and useful.

Hi, how does the charging tab works? Does it just show all other charger and NO super charger?
I live in Sweden (Upplands väsby) 1-2 km to Infra City where there is a -super Charger at a resaurant and 300 m away there is a Super Charger at the Tesla Service. At the tab for charging only one point comes up 68 km away. How up to date are the charging point info?

I like the looks of the app so don't change it.

Hi, how does the charging tab works? Does it just show all other charger and NO super charger?
I live in Sweden (Upplands väsby) 1-2 km to Infra City where there is a -super Charger at a resaurant and 300 m away there is a Super Charger at the Tesla Service. At the tab for charging only one point comes up 68 km away. How up to date are the charging point info?

I'm seeing a similar problem with HPWC chargers at the local (Natick, MA) showroom.

But I love the site, it will be my most used site on the browser.

I like it! Maybe if you can press the weather, it takes you an extended forecast like the original page.

Hi, thats exactly whats coming next.. :) Within a week approx.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, the data i display is collected from openchargemap.com. If a charge-point is not listed, then you could add it yourself on the openchargemap site. But as i can see the supercharger station near you was added a couple of days ago. So you should be seeing it on the list of chargers by now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing a similar problem with HPWC chargers at the local (Natick, MA) showroom.

But I love the site, it will be my most used site on the browser.

Thanks EdA, take a look at the answer above. :)

Allright my fellow owners.. A new version has been released. version 2.1

Changelog:
1: Driving mode. (New button on top-right)
2: New tab for tesla specific news and info
3: Design change for the weather panel. Includes forecast.
4: Weather panel fix for slow loading of the weather data.
5: News now auto refresh.
6: minor design optimizations.

Merry Christmas!

Excellent app!

I finally have my Model S, and am looking forward to using it. I have bookmarked it in the car!

I do have one suggestion / request, that I think may be of benefit to other people too.

I saw that someone asked about getting an extended forecast in the weather area, and that you have now done that. But unless I'm mistaken, all of the extended forecast stuff is just the date, the small icon that indicates what the weather will be, and the temperature. The current forecast has slightly more information than that. What I'm wondering is would it be possible to make clicking on the weather bring up, either on another screen or in the large window below, a complete, narrative weather forecast. Something like what is provided at forecast.weather.gov. I've attached a couple of screenshots.

ScreenHunter_55 Dec. 25 22.46.jpg

ScreenHunter_56 Dec. 25 22.47.jpg

I think having the ability to see a full weather report like this would be helpful.

Thanks!

Really like this, THANK YOU for spending the time and effort on teslapage.com.

I like the charger location information concept and maps. An additional piece of useful info would be usage type. It's available from openchargemap.org afaict, so hopefully would be easy to add. Also, plug share might be another source of private, though available, charge points?

This could be even more useful I f the tesla screen saver could also be expanded into a valet, pin-lockable, full screen map of car current location - eg a message stating car speed, location is being logged and locking out changes... Of course the more savvy valet would change app from browser, etc - though might be a better deterrent than nothing today ;-)

again, thank you - this is a new bookmark that I intend to use every day.

cheers, Mike

Used your site on a nearly 700 mile road trip this weekend.
Just like you have the chargers, it would be nice to have nearby restaurants, but we do have smartphones.
We only used superchargers on the trip but I was curious at a number of stops we made if there were J1772
chargers nearby (there weren't).

Suggestions:

- use more of the available real estate, especially in drive mode. I'd say you could plus size the round gauges about 25% and still fit easily. This would also allow for bigger fonts, see next point.

- take font size cues from the speedometer gauge, there are probably 3 usable sizes there, use them and only these sizes everywhere in teslapage. Fonts in teslapage gauges look good on a home PC browser but in car all teslapage fonts are too small. This is not a stylistic preference, but functionally numbers need to be bigger to be seen-at-a-glance. e.g. the weather widget current temperature should choose the same font size as the remaining Rated Range on the speed-o.

- clock: drop the seconds hand. Thicken the hour hand, or consider making the hour hand a Tesla fang logo with tip of fang pointing at the hour. That would be unique! Drop the shadow effect on all hands. Hour numbers font should be sans-serif, better matches the car. The minute numbers around the perimeter cannot be seen, drop them. I appreciate seeing an hour number at each hour mark, not just the 12 - 3 - 6- 9 some clocks show. Keep them all!

- the text button "toggle color" should say "day / night display". There is no color changing going on and putting the word "toggle" on a control is very geek. The control itself should look like a toggle and the half shaded sun logo you chose speaks well enough to the toggle effects of that control.

- swap positions of "drive mode" button to the other side of browser where "change country" is now, puts it closer at hand to the driver

- put change country feature as drop down behind the now ubiquitous triple-bar icon that indicates "menu" on mobile apps. You'll be able to add other configurable settings there in future. Like changing the background color / style, see below. :smile:

- make the clock the center gauge, very classic in Mercedes, Lexus, etc.. Put the multi-widget gauge on left, closer in hand for driver.

- the gradient grey background doesn't render the best on the car screen, getting some halo rings of gradient shift. Consider just Piano Black goes with anything, or a grey Obeche wood pattern that would go great with my Obeche dash. :wink:

Thanks for putting this out there!