Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant heater failed, told not covered under battery warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, this seemed 'off' to me, and as a result I wanted to post. My car stopped charging suddenly over the weekend and I had all sorts of alerts about low voltage, a bunch of "BMS" (battery management we all know) fault codes, and the car would not start. It seemed to recover about 15 minutes later, and I filled out a service request.

GTW_w018, BMS_w035, BMS_u016, CHG_f026, BMS_f035

Through all of that, their initial repair quote suggests a $940 bill even though to me it's all battery related, which has an 8yr/unlimited mile warranty through Oct 2024 for me. They claim that the battery warranty does not cover the entire BMS, just the physical cells. I think it's B.S. and have seen enough threads on here about poor service I thought I'd reach out to the real experts, TMC.

So, this seemed 'off' to me, and as a result I wanted to post. My car stopped charging suddenly over the weekend and I had all sorts of alerts about low voltage, a bunch of "BMS" (battery management we all know) fault codes, and the car would not start. It seemed to recover about 15 minutes later, and I filled out a service request.

Through all of that, their initial repair quote suggests a $940 bill even though to me it's all battery related, which has an 8yr/unlimited mile warranty through Oct 2024 for me. They claim that the battery warranty does not cover the entire BMS, just the physical cells. I think it's B.S. and have seen enough threads on here about poor service I thought I'd reach out to the real experts, TMC.
Unfortunately
Edit: I found a few posts saying the 12V battery could be the problem, but also ones saying it's the HV pack, which would be under warranty. The quote comes from a "remote diagnosis" and an estimated 1hr of on site diagnosis.
if you don’t know what the problem is then why try to figure out if it’s under warranty, I know no one wants to spend money on a repair if it “should” be covered but you don’t know definitively what’s wrong yet.

I have the exact same car as yours, and got just one of the same messages: you can read my result in this thread.

BMS_w035 alert popped yesterday and this morning