Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant Low - Ok To Drive Warning after having battery replaced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my Model 3 LR battery replaced last week after it bricked itself the weekend prior at a Supercharger. Upon leaving the service center with the replaced battery I started getting the "Coolant Low - Ok to Drive" error. It lasted only a couple minutes and then went away and only resurfaces every other day for a couple minutes or so. My assumption is that when they replaced the battery they didn't top up the coolant. Did anyone have a similar experience after having their battery replaced? Really trying to avoid going to the Service Center as they are a pain to deal with but obviously will visit if needed.

You should contact the service center. I believe the coolant they use is a well-known readily available type and if you can add it yourself and don't mind paying for it, go to it.

The SC probably has other stuff to do too, and maybe they'd happily top up the coolant without a 'real' appointment. I don't know how far the SC is from your normal location(s).

You should contact the service center. I believe the coolant they use is a well-known readily available type and if you can add it yourself and don't mind paying for it, go to it.

The SC probably has other stuff to do too, and maybe they'd happily top up the coolant without a 'real' appointment. I don't know how far the SC is from your normal location(s).
Yea for sure my plan is to stop by the SC next week. I just thought I would ask here if this was an issue other people have seen and maybe they remedied it themselves.

You’d have to pull the frunk liner out to check the level.

The coolant is G48.

Best case is there was air in the lines and in the new pack that worked its way out. Worst case is you’ve got a small leak somewhere.

If it was me I’d check the level. If it is full you‘ve got an issue that likely needs service. If it is below required I’d probably just fill it, but you risk them not checking for leaks.

Reactions: android04
To close the loop here and may this help others if in the same situation…when battery was replaced the service center did not flush it with coolant enough times and thus underfilled it by a whole gallon. I took it to a different service center and they fixed it and gave it back same day.
Just got my car back 12 hours ago from not having it for 32 days. They replaced the battery pack. Today I drive it and this low coolant light comes on.
Needless to say I’m furious. Going to check the coolant level, but 100% thinking that they didn’t flush the battery pack enough. What a pain in the ass.