Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant Low, Suspension service, Frunk Open, RH Headlight/Turn - Intermittent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S 85D 3/15 Build/Delivery - approx 85k

Had my car serviced about a month ago for a failed steering U-joint which required removal of the HV battery.

About a week after had the coolant low message, but figured it was just air in the system would go away. Msg didnt reappear for another couple weeks, but was also getting an intermittent Frunk open msg while driving which i figured it was from excess moisture during a huge down pour we had, so also ignored.
Both Msgs didnt appear again until about last week, but now also had an intermittent Suspension needs service. First thought was a bug in software and would resolve after an update.....had an update the other day with no luck and now right side headlight works intermittently also with no turn signal. now random messages pop up while driving. Finally had time this weekend to take a look.

Checked coolant and reservoir was full.
Check Frunk Latch assembly and was clean, but cleaned/lubed as needed
Insepcted/Cleaned/Reseated all connectors for headlight and frunk....while doing that i found a Broken Ground Nut !!!

Did a temp fix connecting to ground nut on battery to have the car working, but will need to bring it up to Tesla. Anyone else have this issue? looks like the Ground Lug was not coated with anything and with cars that are in Winter Cliamtes with road salt etcc...the underbody section fo the frunk is not covered so can corrode the nut and break off, just like the Steering Rack Bolts. This has to be a TSB in tesla system.

• Informative
Reactions: Snowstorm
20181223_094411.jpg
20181223_094417.jpg

Attachments

• 20181223_094424.jpg
    20181223_094424.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 106