Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant system error message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this message after turning off the AC switch and then turning off the fan, and then turning it back on again. AC seems to work, and my service rep said he's seen that message a couple of times but there was nothing wrong with the AC. He's going to download my logs and let me know if there's something to be worried about.

photo(38).JPG

Bummer. My air conditioning is out.

I was going to reply to this yesterday and say this is exactly what happened to my car then you said the AC was still working. This happened to my car in April last year. I was told I could drive the car but wouldn't have AC (it was already in the 90s so it wasn't fun). It ended up having to go to Chicago (they couldn't diagnose the problem in the field after trying for 8 hours). It turned out to be some faulty sensor that misread the incoming cabin temperature and wouldn't allow the AC to turn on even though the AC could actually work if the sensor would let it.

This has to do with the heat exchanger temperature sensor for the battery coolant. If you keep driving it, you may get the "Reduced Power" pop up.