Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cooled, ventilated seat solution for Model S - Katzkin "Degreez" peltier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if this would work in the Model S seats - I'll give Katzkin a call on Monday - but I saw this system today. Even if it required a good custom installer and several thousand dollars of work, that would be a lot cheaper for someone with a depreciated Model S than spending tens of thousands to buy a new one if/when the Model X's ventilated seats start showing up in the Model S. Supposedly has three levels of cooling and three levels of heating, and heats/cools both the seat bottom and top. And yes you'd have to get your leather perforated or have new leather installed.

Here's a video of the installation - it starts around the 8 minute mark:

Jeep Wrangler Interior - YouTube

I use a really great custom interior installer in L.A. and I'm going to ask him if he can do these. Probably not a big deal to those in northern climates, but I would use them about 6 months out of the year down here in So Cal, and I've wanted cooled seats for years.

Last edited:
So I spoke with a Katzkins dealer and this particular shop will not work on Tesla seats - they don't touch highline stuff in general. They will however sell me the parts alone - $750 total for both driver and passenger seats. The upholstery shop I typically use told me they will be happy to do the install.