TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cooled, ventilated seat solution for Model S - Katzkin "Degreez" peltier

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jan 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

#1 calisnow, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    I don't know if this would work in the Model S seats - I'll give Katzkin a call on Monday - but I saw this system today. Even if it required a good custom installer and several thousand dollars of work, that would be a lot cheaper for someone with a depreciated Model S than spending tens of thousands to buy a new one if/when the Model X's ventilated seats start showing up in the Model S. Supposedly has three levels of cooling and three levels of heating, and heats/cools both the seat bottom and top. And yes you'd have to get your leather perforated or have new leather installed.

Here's a video of the installation - it starts around the 8 minute mark:

Jeep Wrangler Interior - YouTube

I use a really great custom interior installer in L.A. and I'm going to ask him if he can do these. Probably not a big deal to those in northern climates, but I would use them about 6 months out of the year down here in So Cal, and I've wanted cooled seats for years.

2. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Sign me up for two!

3. Nismode

Nismode Member

That's actually really cool. I wonder if it's possible to retain the stock heated seats (and control from the screen), but use the switch just for cooled seats.E

EDIT: No pun intended, haha.

4. Nismode

Nismode Member

Seems like Roadwire makes a set as well that may be competitive in price.

5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

So I spoke with a Katzkins dealer and this particular shop will not work on Tesla seats - they don't touch highline stuff in general. They will however sell me the parts alone - $750 total for both driver and passenger seats. The upholstery shop I typically use told me they will be happy to do the install.