Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cooler for compartment in trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone find one that fits, so you can still place that cover back over the compartment?

I've heard this one fits, even in the frunk:
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Can-...pID=31hBrCy96FL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Wondering if this one fits as well as it'll be close:
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-3000000483-Party-Stacker-Cooler/dp/B002BMEFHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531097928&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+stacker+33&th=1

Ideally, I'd like a cooler that can keep ice cold for 2 days or more. I don't think those Stacker Coolers are insulated all that well.
Wow this is a great idea! I was thinking of getting one for road trips.

I have found a hard-sided cooler for the sub-trunk.
I went through this table of coolers and found the largest hard-sided coolers that met the height limit of the sub-trunk, which seems to be approx. 11.75". There were 2 that came up: Stanley Adventure 16 Quart and the Mammoth Cruiser 15. The Mammoth is the more upscale brand, but the reviews on Amazon didn't give me confidence it was worth the price premium over the Stanley. So I ordered the Stanley, and it fits perfectly and allows the sub-trunk cover to seat fully.

IMG_0110_sm.jpg

I have found a hard-sided cooler for the sub-trunk.
I went through this table of coolers and found the largest hard-sided coolers that met the height limit of the sub-trunk, which seems to be approx. 11.75". There were 2 that came up: Stanley Adventure 16 Quart and the Mammoth Cruiser 15. The Mammoth is the more upscale brand, but the reviews on Amazon didn't give me confidence it was worth the price premium over the Stanley. So I ordered the Stanley, and it fits perfectly and allows the sub-trunk cover to seat fully.

Thanks, good find. If you turned it thru 90 degress, would 2 fit in there next to each other?