Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cooling pump probems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the ide how to take down the power

I try to do it for 20 minuts
But it was still same codes
so i will let be off to tomorrow or longer
Seeif it helps
Is there anny other tip s for my problem
so dont hestate to post anny ides

I hav try to close it down for more then 24h
But when i start up system the error 54 was still left and can't charge
I have reace the service menus
but don't know to clear the measges or do some over rides so can charge the roadster
I think i shall try to clean the PEM
I realy need to charge the battery i don't want have battery bricked
Please some tips

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anny relays to the pumps in the PEM? or some other place?

I have cleaned the PEM

and car have been out of power since monday

When i put power on the system i get this message in debug mode

IMGP6931krymp.jpg

The pumps is changed and the cooling system is vacuum sucked for get rid of air

Some ides that can help?

When I unplugged either one of my pumps and got the same 1465 code as you. The connectors read around 1.0V but does fluctuate at first. It appears both wires are connected to the controller, as the black one is not just a ground. As long as you have tested all the fuses your problem should be with the pumps or connectors. All my fuses are sealed on top and need to be pulled and tested with an ohmmeter. Put 12V on both pumps to make sure they work (black wire with pink stripe is +, the terminal on the right as you look at the back of the pump with the numbering upright). Check the old ones to see if that was your original problem. Touch the screen to dismiss the code, then open and close the charge port door. The system will clear and reset the codes and try to start the pumps.

I have test to drive the pumps and they worked
The old one did the same
I shall take new try of vacuum suck the system see if can get out some more air
I have still the message 1465
I see if can load the system with a lamp so the current will be higher

I have vacuum the cooling system agin with one pump running and could fill up appox 1,5dl of coolant
But still error code 1465
One pump take 0.82A
I have to try rise the amperage with concet 1 and 2 5W 12V bulbs
one pump an one lamp 1.14A
one pump 2 lamps 1.42A
the problem is remaining
When i try to start up, not a blink in the bulbs
The voltage is approx 1V to the pumps

I think the fault is in the control unit!!!

Can some give me anny more tips?

The problem is solved

The real problem is a 12V power supply that not work

Tesla SC in Mölndal to a check on my roadster they found the problem and get car to charge

They get the power supply to work but they don't know how long time it will work

so it shall be replaced then they get the part

(they guess that will be in the end of october or in the begining of november)

They gave me a tips that if put down the amperige and put in range mode is would charge with out the pump is working

They gave me a tips that if put down the amperige and put in range mode is would charge with out the pump is working

I personally have to disagree on that one, never seen the pump off at 220@12 or more amps in both std & range mode. Possibly performance mode since Tesla wants the pack to build up heat so you can draw as much amps as possible out of the ESS when you floor the thing. Since the pump would not help circulate the coolant through the pack, heat would build up for sure. However that would create hot-spots, and I don't believe Tesla would want to ever have that let alone allow it to happen via a user interface. So I think no all the way on this tip. But I'm not interested in heating up my pack for performance but rather want longevity so I won't be testing that path.

And the tip to reiterate is, That you can set the charge to Range mode, drop the charge amps down to 12 or possibly 16 amps on a 220v lone, start the charge cycle and the cooling pump will not turn on. Correct?

Last edited:
I personally have to disagree on that one, never seen the pump off at 220@12 or more amps in both std & range mode. Possibly performance mode since Tesla wants the pack to build up heat so you can draw as much amps as possible out of the ESS when you floor the thing. Since the pump would not help circulate the coolant through the pack, heat would build up for sure. However that would create hot-spots, and I don't believe Tesla would want to ever have that let alone allow it to happen via a user interface. So I think no all the way on this tip. But I'm not interested in heating up my pack for performance but rather want longevity so I won't be testing that path.

And the tip to reiterate is, That you can set the charge to Range mode, drop the charge amps down to 12 or possibly 16 amps on a 220v lone, start the charge cycle and the cooling pump will not turn on. Correct?

No, that's not the tip. You misunderstood him. He said if your pump is not working then you can still charge in range mode at low amps.