TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Copiague, New York Supercharger

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by theflyer, May 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. theflyer

theflyer Member

Starting a new thread from here: Long Island, NY Supercharger locations 2019

Address: 1147 Sunrise Hwy, Copiague, NY 11726
    Permit: Link to ticket
    Likely but not yet confirmed location: HERE

FYI: @Chuq @BlueShift

• Informative x 3
  2. st50maint

st50maint Member

• Informative x 2
  3. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Thank you. Looks like a good location. Much better than Wantagh.

4. ZBayChris

ZBayChris Member

What’s wrong with Wantagh? The purpose of Superchargers is to be close to major highways, to facilitate long distance travel. Copiague will be on Sunrise Highway, near Rte.110. Wantagh could have been on Sunrise Highway between Wantagh Parkway and Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. In that regard, the Wantagh location wins, big time.

5. Snow Drift

I've driven around the area and looked on Google maps...I can't find any large shopping centers in the area that can fit chargers that won't be immediately ICE'd. Unless you want them at Jones Beach...

6. ZBayChris

ZBayChris Member

SCs are not always around shopping centers, let alone “large” ones. JFK Airport and the superchargers (now dismantled) at the Syosett Service Center are two cases in point. At any rate, when Tesla mentioned Wantagh as a location, several years ago now, I am assuming that they had one or two physical locations in mind. I can think of a few places that would work. If ICEing became an issue, it would just have to be enforced. Depending on signage, it can be a ticketable offense. BTW, I have no problem with the Copiague location, it just doesn’t follow the normal reasoning for SC locations.

7. Snow Drift

@ZBayChris well, Syosset is closed, and JFK is difficult. Outside of that, all the other ones on Long Island are at shopping areas or a restaurant. The idea is for you to have somewhere to go while you wait.

Anyway, another reason why this is could replace Wantagh is bc the current Plainview SC was always listed as Hicksville. A good 10 minute away. The Hicksville coming soon then disappeared.