Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

coping with 3G while web surfing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my wife likes to surf the web while im driving, and boy, are we spoiled! can we remember the days when 3G was fastest thing out there? needless to say, its very slow when surfing on alot of modern day webpages. how do you guys cope? do you tether the connection to a 4G/LTE phone?

my wife likes to surf the web while im driving, and boy, are we spoiled! can we remember the days when 3G was fastest thing out there? needless to say, its very slow when surfing on alot of modern day webpages. how do you guys cope? do you tether the connection to a 4G/LTE phone?
The 3g is fast. Even tested by downloading a 20 meg BMP image file, went rather fast. The problem is the browser, and the hardware. It's slow and laggy. 100% the browser and car not the connection.

I find it snapper when tethered to my 4G phone... Not super fast by any stretch but better then on 3G. Only if I'm going to be using it for a while will I tether it though. I would spring for the LTE upgrade if they make it available.....

-m