Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miami, FL - SW 24th St. (Coral Gables)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passed by yesterday. Still zero change since mi.d-October. I found the same manager who thought “next week”. He remembered me and said he and others are “surprised by the delay”.

So, I looked at quite a few other posts. There are seemingly more than a dozen locations across Canada and numerous others worldwide that have been waiting months for Pedestals but otherwise seemingly completed. Since comparing locations and installations in place it seems that many of them are V3.

is there a production or other problem with V3 equipment?

Passed by yesterday. Still zero change since mi.d-October. I found the same manager who thought “next week”. He remembered me and said he and others are “surprised by the delay”.

So, I looked at quite a few other posts. There are seemingly more than a dozen locations across Canada and numerous others worldwide that have been waiting months for Pedestals but otherwise seemingly completed. Since comparing locations and installations in place it seems that many of them are V3.

is there a production or other problem with V3 equipment?
Hi JC,

Good observation. I don't have any insider information, but it's likely that both this installation and the Alligator Alley installation are waiting for version 3 charging terminals and/or version 3 Supercharger cabinets.

Larry

Anxiously waiting on this one to open! Hope soon!
Realistically we think we know there are new nearly complete installations all across Canada between Northern Ontario and Calgary, from Minneapolis West along I-94 as well as scattered ones around the rest of the world, mostly waiting for pedestals. On top of that there is the rush to develop and deploy new battery-powered semi-portable Superchargers to cope with seasonal and other temporary demand spikes.

Many of those are certainly higher priorities than making one more installation in Miami-Dade. As much as we want this one right now, many of those others are obviously more crucial, especially for winter travel.

Following up on my earlier question... unfortunately the supercharger was not ready in time for my trip to Miami. Thanks to @Larry Chanin and @jbcarioca for the heads up on the charger at the Pinecrest village offices. Turns out that was just a short walk from my host's home. I did not find a Tesla destination charger at this location, but there is a free 3rd party charger that I could use with my J1772 adapter at good speeds.

I think that even Atlanta traffic could not prepare me for driving on Palmetto and US1, though...

Hi dc121gw, there’s a 72 Amp Tesla destination charger at Pinecrest Gardens (11000 Red Road, Pinecrest, Florida 33156). Perhaps this is the one @Larry Chanin was referring to...

Attachments

• B85CB223-3A9F-42AB-8A8B-2664A15AF7E4.jpeg
    B85CB223-3A9F-42AB-8A8B-2664A15AF7E4.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 328
I forgot to mention in earlier posts that the Destination Charger at Pinecrest Village offices was changed out for a J1772 at the same location and the same speeds. They did that some months ago because of a number of Nissan Leaf and other BEV owners in Pinecrest asked.

The other location at Pinecrest Gardens has both a CHAdeMO and a Destination Charger. Obviously the CHAdeMO is faster if you have an adapter. If the CHAdeMO is occupied by a Leaf it’s often a Library employee who is always willing to move to accommodate others. The Pinecrest Gardens office used to have a Tesla adapter, I do not know if they still have one.

I forgot to mention in earlier posts that the Destination Charger at Pinecrest Village offices was changed out for a J1772 at the same location and the same speeds. They did that some months ago because of a number of Nissan Leaf and other BEV owners in Pinecrest asked.

The other location at Pinecrest Gardens has both a CHAdeMO and a Destination Charger. Obviously the CHAdeMO is faster if you have an adapter. If the CHAdeMO is occupied by a Leaf it’s often a Library employee who is always willing to move to accommodate others. The Pinecrest Gardens office used to have a Tesla adapter, I do not know if they still have one.

Unfortunately the Chademo station has been out of order for a few months now. And the Tesla 72 amp is always in use because Pinecrest has many Tesla owners.

Some progress on this. The area where the stalls are located is fenced off, with active work taking place. Looking through the privacy screen, one can see the SC cabinets/transformers already staged and/or in place.

Attachments

• BD45BCEC-63B0-4E2F-BF06-144ED577C7E3.jpeg
    BD45BCEC-63B0-4E2F-BF06-144ED577C7E3.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 53
  • CA905422-471B-4A70-9EC3-4E768C7B3C24.jpeg
    CA905422-471B-4A70-9EC3-4E768C7B3C24.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: M423