Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corded (NEMA 14-50) UMC Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also ordered one on July 20th, but don't have a tracking number on my order yet. :mad:

I've never received an in-stock alert email from Tesla on any of the items I've requested.

That is interesting (in a bad way) and must be annoying.

I have used the Tesla email alert thing several times over the years, and it worked for me. (I was able to purchase a couple of hard-to-find accessories.)

I recommend that you double-check the email address you gave to Tesla. (Make sure it is up-to-date with no typos.) Also, check your "Spam" folder or equivalent in your email provider software.

I find that occasionally messages I would otherwise want to see get put in my (Yahoo mail) spam folder.

Just got a notification that it’s back in stock. I got mine last week, and having 40A at home and a 32A portable charger in the car makes me happy.

Mobile Connector
Mobile Connector

The charge connector that is back in stock is the Gen2 Mobile Connector (used to come “free” in new cars). That is a maximum 32-amp device. The one that is still out of stock is the 40-amp Corded Mobile Connector. It attaches only to a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Did anybody place an order for a corded mobile connector when they were back in stock on July 20th and not receive it yet?

I ordered one, Tesla charged my credit card at that time, but when I contacted them about the order I received a response that they were "out of stock and expecting more in 2 weeks." I've been around long enough to know what that means. 😳

Did anybody place an order for a corded mobile connector when they were back in stock on July 20th and not receive it yet?

I ordered one, Tesla charged my credit card at that time, but when I contacted them about the order I received a response that they were "out of stock and expecting more in 2 weeks." I've been around long enough to know what that means. 😳
Sorry to hear about that...!

Did you ever receive an e-mail from [email protected], with an actual order number and the below subject?
Subject: Tesla Shop Order ##### is Confirmed

Asking only because my card was charged immediately after I purchased it, but Tesla did not send me a confirmation e-mail until I picked up the phone.

Here's my timeline:
7/19 evening - ordered a CMC; credit card was immediately charged, but did NOT get a confirmation e-mail from Tesla
7/20 ~1pm - got a call from the Tesla Roadside Assistance number, and I was asked if I really meant to order one
7/20 after the call - got the order confirmation e-mail from [email protected] with the subject of "Tesla Shop Order ##### is Confirmed"
7/25 - CMC arrived

Seeing as how they've never once called about all the hundreds of dollars I've purchased from the store in the past 4 years, them calling me seemed somewhat odd, and I assumed it was an indication that they oversold and/or were going to be OOS for a long time again.

Did you ever receive an e-mail from [email protected], with an actual order number and the below subject?
Subject: Tesla Shop Order ##### is Confirmed

Yes, I received a confirmation email (but no call to confirm I really wanted it). I ordered on 7/20 around 6:30pm, received alert my credit card was charged, and the confirmation email on 7/21. I noticed by the afternoon on 7/21 the website was showing sold-out again.

order_conf.png