Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corning NY Supercharger?... (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's wrong with Toronto, Kingston, Utica, Albany, NYC, Jersey, etc?

I'm sure in the wide-open spaces of the West that a detour from Rochester to NYC so get to points South is probably the equivalent to going to the mailbox--- especially yours! (that snow video is epic) Around these parts, however, the complete lack of Supercharging throughout the middle of PA means a lot of ICE trips.

Supposedly there will be a Supercharger near Clearfield, PA... but that won't help the Rochester crowd much.

North central PA is STILL going to be an unbridgeable desert. Seems like a gaping hole on the eastern seaboard.

Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester south to NJ, Philly, DC has no solution, even in future plans. I wonder why?

What's wrong with Toronto, Kingston, Utica, Albany, NYC, Jersey, etc? Don't forget about Syracuse. See Supercharger.Info.

I'm sure in the wide-open spaces of the West that a detour from Rochester to NYC so get to points South is probably the equivalent to going to the mailbox--- especially yours! (that snow video is epic) Around these parts, however, the complete lack of Supercharging throughout the middle of PA means a lot of ICE trips.

Supposedly there will be a Supercharger near Clearfield, PA... but that won't help the Rochester crowd much.

I'm sorry, but I was only replying to your stated need for a route from Toronto to NJ and south. While the original post discussed north, central PA, I was responding the statement about lack of work on the Toronto to NJ route. I guess I misread the intent of the post.

Last edited:
I still maintain that we need a Supercharger in Bath/Hammondsport. That would connect north to Rochester and Buffalo via 390, west to Erie (168 miles), and east to Binghamton and points south. Of course a site in Williamsport as well as Clearfield would make this even better, but at this point, we can only dream.