Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erwin, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does look like that. Corning is a nice place but the better one would be in Avoca, near the intersection of 86 and 390. That would help the people traveling west to Ohio and NW to Buffalo. I have done the drive to Buffalo many times, and while the new chargers along 81 and the Thruway through Syracuse and Rochester help, the better drive is through SW NY, cutting through Batavia. A Corning SC would make that drive doable in the summer, but would probably be a stretch for 70s in the winter.

Agreed: anything between Corning and Avoca would work fine for both N-S and E-W travels. Somewhere, not sure where, I picked up on a possible Bath site, where I believe there is a huge truck stop and quite a few other amenities, which is difficult to find between major destinations.

After seeing that Erwin is to be the site of this supercharger, I did some googling and found this:

4.SITE PLAN APPLICATION FROM TESLA MOTORS FOR A 10 CAR ELECTRIC CHARGING STATION AT 125 VICTORY HIGHWAY

The site is proposed as 10 stalls between Dunkin Donuts and a new development. The proposed location crosses a sewer easement, however, and the town is apparently rejecting that idea, so there might be some back and forth on this before it gets approved.

Google Maps

"
TOWN BOARD MEETING-TUESDAY, MAY 9 2017 7:00 P.M.-BOARD ROOM

==============================================================

Planning Board Meeting-Monday, May 1 2017 7:00 P.M.-BOARD ROOM

==============================================================

Zoning Board Meeting-Tuesday, April 25 2017 7:00 P.M.-BOARD ROOM
"

Elements needed: Letter of agency from property owner Fire Chief sign off Proposed signage (directional from Victory Highway?) Plan specifically depicting parking area relation to existing Dunkin, new development, Victory Highway Underground electric not shown on utility plan No detail shown of stanchion The Dunkin site plan required the sanitary sewer to be dedicated to the Town. The charging station crosses the sanitary sewer easement; the high voltage electric line crosses the sewer pipe; there is an 18” diameter light pole base within 2 ft. of the sewer pipe and a stanchion within 1 ft. of the sewer pipe. The Town will not accept dedication of the sewer line with any of the charging station within the sewer easement.

Last edited:
Interstates: I-86* **
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None

I-86
To: Binghamton, NY - 81.2 miles
Diversion: -0.3 miles
To: End (NY-79 at Windsor, NY) - 91.7 miles

To: Waterloo, NY (I-86,NY-414,NY-96,NY-118,local,NY-117,NY-414) - 68.5 miles
To: Binghamton, NY (I-86,NY-17(I-86),I-81,US-11) - 81.2 miles
To: Bloomsburg, PA (US-15,I-80) - 117 miles
To: Harrisburg, PA (US-15,US-22,I-81,US-322) - 165 miles
To: Somerset, PA (US-15,US-220,PA-64,I-80,I-99,US-22,US-219,PA-281,I-76) - 239 miles
To: Erie, PA (I-86,I-90) - 187 miles
To: Buffalo, NY (I-86,I-390,NY-63,I-90,NY-78) - 122 miles
To: Victor, NY (I-86,I-390,NY-371,NY-21,NY-12,NY-64,US-20A,NY-444,local) - 75.7 miles

Opens up some travel through southwestern NY and northern PA. The map will look a lot less gappy once it opens.

* Eastern section. There's also I-86 in Idaho
** It's also very close to the north end of I-99

IMG_20170603_113732.jpg
IMG_20170603_113727.jpg

They are currently being installed. I took these pictures on my way south today.

Just wondering -- once this opens, would Erwin --> Erie be possible in a 70D if charged to 100% here?? Lets say mild fall weather and traveling conservatively at 60mph. Planning a road trip for October.

Hi Tanker,

A great site to use for these kind of plans is EV Trip Planner which will give you the ability to play with lots of factors. Of course cold and weather can throw things off, but it looks like your leg is possible.
Peter

Just wondering -- once this opens, would Erwin --> Erie be possible in a 70D if charged to 100% here?? Lets say mild fall weather and traveling conservatively at 60mph. Planning a road trip for October.

Yes, 100% certain you don't even need 100%. I went in a 60D from Erie PA to outside Ithaca NY (~237 miles) in March (avg temp 43F). A 70D should easily be able to go from Erie to Erwin in any season but dead winter (and even then depending on wind speed/direction and your travel speed/HVAC). I did not use heat but did use heat seaters. Now I have a 75D and its going to be an option (after this supercharger is operation) to go from Erie to here to Ithaca even in dead winter with a squall. THANK YOU TESLA and thanks to all the locals that kept me up to date!

Yes, 100% certain you don't even need 100%. I went in a 60D from Erie PA to outside Ithaca NY (~237 miles) in March (avg temp 43F). A 70D should easily be able to go from Erie to Erwin in any season but dead winter (and even then depending on wind speed/direction and your travel speed/HVAC). I did not use heat but did use heat seaters. Now I have a 75D and its going to be an option (after this supercharger is operation) to go from Erie to here to Ithaca even in dead winter with a squall. THANK YOU TESLA and thanks to all the locals that kept me up to date!

Supercharge.info shows 267 miles Erwin to Erie. I wouldn't try that in my S85 in any season over any terrain. YMMV.