Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erwin, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to cross 415/Victory Highway, which is a 2 lane road with center turning lane. The speed limit is 30mph, and I don't recall it being particularly busy, so you shouldn't have a problem.
There is also a destination charger in the Holiday Inn if you stay there. Note it is a 40 amp shared charger, so if there is another Tesla there you will get a slow rate. If needed, supercharge 100 miles or so and then destination charge while you sleep. Consider also the Hampton Inn close by with a better charger. I have stayed at both and the Hampton Inn was a better hotel as well, and cheaper.

Reactions: JSergeant
Thx. I looked online and saw the Hampton inn. It is cheaper and looks to have a better charging set up than the HInn which would be great for over night to be able to take off with a full charge in the morning.

My thinking about Holiday inn was that if the hotel chargers were iced or full, I could easily top up at the supercharger right near by.

Likely wouldn’t be pulling in until about 2 am (can’t leave Toronto until about 10 pm that evening) so best case scenario would be to go right to the hotel and skip the SC, plug in when I check in and go right to sleep to leave with a relatively full charge in the morning.

I was at that supercharger in the wee hours and there were literally zero cars on that road so should be no problem whatsoever to walk from the supercharger to the HIE if that's what you end up doing. In fact, I did walk across the street to the Denny's and ate while I supercharged.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
I was at the Painted Post/Erwin Superchargers today. All 10 are powered up and accessible. The numbering is a bit challenging. The 'B's are all on the Dunkin side and the A's are all in the other parking lot, with each set numbered 1 to 5 from left to right as you are facing them. In other words 5A is lined up with 1B etc, so figuring out if you are paired with someone when several stalls on each side are occupied is a challenge. There was a Model 3 charging at 1A when I arrived (before I had checked out the numbering), so I parked on the B side as far from the Model 3 as I could, thinking that would avoid pairing - i.e. in 1B. As I checked the kW I saw that I was not getting a full amount, and when I went to check the numbering I realized I was paired with the Model 3, so I moved. These photos should help explain what I mean.
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2397.jpg

Great, taking a 3.5 hour trip up there and it looks like I'll arrive with 10% battery so just wanted to know ahead of time if this was one of those places where it is typically jammed
At this very moment, according to ABRP, it looks like 2/10 stalls are in use:
1615919957705.png

You could also use ABRP en route to continuously monitor usage as you approach it.

At this very moment, according to ABRP, it looks like 2/10 stalls are in use:
View attachment 645010
You could also use ABRP en route to continuously monitor usage as you approach it.

Ooh you have the paid version. Yeah I've been messing with ABRP for ages trying to figure out the best route/approach for me given we have a weird trip planned. We are going to pick up a puppy nearby so I'm planning on getting there a bit early and charging there are high as I can before going to pickup the puppy and head back. Then we will need to stop a few times for the dog to pee but also want to get home asap and minimize long charges.

Right now it looks like we are going to stop in Binghamton and then Roscoe NY on the way back for two short charges and dog breaks instead of one larger charge - but it all depends on how much I can charge in Corning prior to our appointment.

...Right now it looks like we are going to stop in Binghamton and then Roscoe NY on the way back for two short charges and dog breaks instead of one larger charge - but it all depends on how much I can charge in Corning prior to our appointment.
The SpC in Roscoe is in the parking lot of the Roscoe Diner. Plenty of room by the parking lot to walk a puppy. Save enough time to check out their pies!

Reactions: PLUS EV
Ooh you have the paid version. Yeah I've been messing with ABRP for ages trying to figure out the best route/approach for me given we have a weird trip planned. We are going to pick up a puppy nearby so I'm planning on getting there a bit early and charging there are high as I can before going to pickup the puppy and head back. Then we will need to stop a few times for the dog to pee but also want to get home asap and minimize long charges...
Give us a look at the puppy.

Here's mine: