Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus and delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got any info or news links on whether the model 3 production will be impacted or not? Ordered my m3 performance in Jan, think its made in shanghai. Anyone's deliveries been impacted by this? be interesting to know!

Anyone got any info or news links on whether the model 3 production will be impacted or not? Ordered my m3 performance in Jan, think its made in shanghai. Anyone's deliveries been impacted by this? be interesting to know!
I believe the UK cars will be made in Fremont and the only delay is to the Chinese market which I believe was reported a day or two ago

Reactions: Amannn
There could be delays to cars manufactured in Fremont, most likely many electronic components will come from Chinese suppliers. I work for a major IT vendor and we're already starting to see a supply chain impact with extended lead-times on some components. You will see downstream impact of this in all manufacturing - cars, TVs, phones, etc. Supply chains are so complex these days that one supplier delay for a 10 cent widget that goes in a widget that goes in an assembly that goes in a circuit board can bring your whole production to a halt.

Reactions: ringi and Amannn

All Long Range and Performance even for China are made in Fremont, so don't worry build quality isn't likely to get any worse lol

Depends when they build it - quite likely its already done and will be on a ship soon - otherwise you're looking at a potential May delivery, and yes, risk of one of the parts being delayed. Worst case would be some electronics since the supply chain is heavily dependant on Asia.

Depends when they build it - quite likely its already done and will be on a ship soon - otherwise you're looking at a potential May delivery, and yes, risk of one of the parts being delayed. Worst case would be some electronics since the supply chain is heavily dependant on Asia.

The deal between Shanghai and Tesla is to have 100% Chinese supplier. It won’t even produce enough stock for China market. Currently price in China for a M3 SR+ is £33,250. Their goal is to make it to £22,200 after all parts supplied by Chinese manufacturers.