Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically 2 low information commenters started spewing garbage. Previously this thread has been mostly informative and free of nonsense.
Why? Because questioning something that is being "mandated" is wrong?

What's been abundantly clear on this thread is that if someone doesn't view things the same way as the masses, they are automatically wrong, to the point where specific individuals start verbally attacking ones with different point of views.

Krugerrand goes off (deleted post of his)and damn near wishes me harm and all this other crap simply because I am for freedom of choice when it comes to this vaccine and have different views on the matter than he does, just the same as some of you all. I'm not here to change anyone's point of view and what they feel is right FOR THEM but no one knows what's best for me except for me and my doctor. This isn't a one size fits all scenario with the vaccine.

Oh and Krugerrand,

You don't need to worry about me crossing paths with you or your loved ones in fear of me spreading "my" disease. If your faith in the vaccine is so strong and it does what it's supposed to, then you don't have anything to worry about from "my kind." You and your loved ones can continue living under a rock. You'll be safe there.....in theory.

Oh and Krugerrand,

You don't need to worry about me crossing paths with you or your loved ones in fear of me spreading "my" disease. If your faith in the vaccine is so strong and it does what it's supposed to, then you don't have anything to worry about from "my kind." You and your loved ones can continue living under a rock. You'll be safe there.....in theory.

The above post is dishonest!

You know perfectly well that nobody claims the vaccines are 100% effective. They are not. Vaccination is not just about protecting yourself. It's about protecting the vulnerable people around you for whom the vaccines are much less effective.

Insisting that you have a "choice" in a matter of public health is selfish and anti-social. We live with mandates because we are a society that needs rules to function smoothly and with benefits to all members. We have mandates that you have to drive on the right-hand side of the road (in the U.S. and some other places, or on the left in certain other places) and that you must stop for red lights. We have mandates governing every aspect of our lives and we accept them because we are a society of (mostly!) responsible individuals.

You do not have a choice about which side of the street you drive on or whether or not to stop for red lights. And only an anti-social and supremely selfish person refuses to get a safe and highly effective vaccine to help protect the people around him.

Why? Because questioning something that is being "mandated" is wrong?

What's been abundantly clear on this thread is that if someone doesn't view things the same way as the masses, they are automatically wrong, to the point where specific individuals start verbally attacking ones with different point of views.

Krugerrand goes off (deleted post of his)and damn near wishes me harm and all this other crap simply because I am for freedom of choice when it comes to this vaccine and have different views on the matter than he does, just the same as some of you all. I'm not here to change anyone's point of view and what they feel is right FOR THEM but no one knows what's best for me except for me and my doctor. This isn't a one size fits all scenario with the vaccine.

Oh and Krugerrand,

If I wanted to wish harm on you, I’d make it perfectly clear so there was no damn near.

You’re attitude is flippant and cavalier and you have no freedom of choice or right to endanger the lives of others. Not on this planet or any other.

Don’t change my words or the context or the argument. I’ve said NOTHING about faith in the vaccine. I spoke directly to you thinking you have the right to endanger other people’s lives with your freedom of choice not to get vaccinated.

You have no idea who you have or will come in contact with, therefore your words are hollow and hold no truth value.

The above post is dishonest!

You know perfectly well that nobody claims the vaccines are 100% effective. They are not. Vaccination is not just about protecting yourself. It's about protecting the vulnerable people around you for whom the vaccines are much less effective.

Insisting that you have a "choice" in a matter of public health is selfish and anti-social. We live with mandates because we are a society that needs rules to function smoothly and with benefits to all members. We have mandates that you have to drive on the right-hand side of the road (in the U.S. and some other places, or on the left in certain other places) and that you must stop for red lights. We have mandates governing every aspect of our lives and we accept them because we are a society of (mostly!) responsible individuals.

You do not have a choice about which side of the street you drive on or whether or not to stop for red lights. And only an anti-social and supremely selfish person refuses to get a safe and highly effective vaccine to help protect the people around him.
Right...because those mandates are the same thing as injecting something into your body. Now I understand. Appreciate the clarification.

If I wanted to wish harm on you, I’d make it perfectly clear so there was no damn near.

You’re attitude is flippant and cavalier and you have no freedom of choice or right to endanger the lives of others. Not on this planet or any other.

Don’t change my words or the context or the argument. I’ve said NOTHING about faith in the vaccine. I spoke directly to you thinking you have the right to endanger other people’s lives with your freedom of choice not to get vaccinated.

You have no idea who you have or will come in contact with, therefore your words are hollow and hold no truth value.
I'm not endangering anyone by not being vaccinated. This is where you and your fellow members point of view is a bit flawed. If this was the case, vaccinated people wouldn't get or be able to pass on covid. If I was vaccinated, I can still get it and pass it around just as easily as you can. You carry the same risk of getting covid as I do. The severity of the virus may vary but it also has a lot to do with your immune system. I've had it and wouldn't have known it if i didn't lose my taste and smell. Still no idea how I got it in the first place but that's irrelevant. Chances of me getting it again are slim and even if I got it again, I'd probably have little to no symptoms. I'm only concerned about me n my immediate family and we have all had it. Literally the same experience from my teenage kids on up.

I'm sorry I don't share your same point of view the same as many others on this forum do. Based on my "personal" experience with covid, I don't feel the need for a vaccine for me and my immediate family. Same as not getting the flu shot. Living in fear over something that isn't fearful in MY EXPERIENCE isn't how I choose to live life.

I'm not endangering anyone by not being vaccinated. This is where you and your fellow members point of view is a bit flawed. If this was the case, vaccinated people wouldn't get or be able to pass on covid. If I was vaccinated, I can still get it and pass it around just as easily as you can.
Wrong.

People who are vaccinated get infected at lower rates and pass it on at lower rates - since they are more likely to be asymptomatic and less likely to shed.

I'm not endangering anyone by not being vaccinated. This is where you and your fellow members point of view is a bit flawed. If this was the case, vaccinated people wouldn't get or be able to pass on covid. If I was vaccinated, I can still get it and pass it around just as easily as you can. You carry the same risk of getting covid as I do. The severity of the virus may vary but it also has a lot to do with your immune system. I've had it and wouldn't have known it if i didn't lose my taste and smell. Still no idea how I got it in the first place but that's irrelevant. Chances of me getting it again are slim and even if I got it again, I'd probably have little to no symptoms. I'm only concerned about me n my immediate family and we have all had it. Literally the same experience from my teenage kids on up.

I'm sorry I don't share your same point of view the same as many others on this forum do. Based on my "personal" experience with covid, I don't feel the need for a vaccine for me and my immediate family. Same as not getting the flu shot. Living in fear over something that isn't fearful in MY EXPERIENCE isn't how I choose to live life.
Yes, you are endangering lives. That you don’t understand that simply speaks to your ignorance.

I don’t actually care if you get vaccinated or not, you’re nobody to me. But every time you walk out the door of your home you better be telling every single person you get within six feet of that you aren’t vaccinated so they can decide if they want to be near you or not. That’s the ethical and moral obligation you have to society.

I get you don’t fear the Covid virus; said every single unvaccinated person before they took their final assisted breath.

I'm not endangering anyone by not being vaccinated.

False. The science proves you wrong!

... If this was the case, vaccinated people wouldn't get or be able to pass on covid.

Again: Dishonest! You're arguing against a straw man: You are lying when you say that we claim that the vaccines are 100% perfect. They are not. They reduce but do not eliminate the chance of infection & transmission. Please stop lying about what vaccine advocates are saying.

If I was vaccinated, I can still get it and pass it around just as easily as you can.

False. The science proves you wrong. Getting vaccinated would greatly reduce your chances of re-infection and transmission. You could still get it and pass it on, but the likelihood of that would be greatly reduced.

You carry the same risk of getting covid as I do.

False. The science proves you wrong. Fully vaccinated + boosted gives far better protection than prior infection. In addition, protection from prior infection wanes more quickly than vaccination. And the booster re-invigorates the protection, whereas your lesser protection will continue to wane as long as you refuse to get vaccinated.

The severity of the virus may vary but it also has a lot to do with your immune system.

This is true but is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not to get vaccinated. Remember: The main reason to get vaccinated is to protect the weak and vulnerable people around you.

Chances of me getting it again are slim and even if I got it again, I'd probably have little to no symptoms. I'm only concerned about me n my immediate family and we have all had it.

Chances of you getting it again are not slim. In fact, the more time that goes by, the greater they get. But the second sentence above really says it all: You don't care about anybody but yourself and your immediate family. I cannot say anything about that that would not violate the forum rules. There are words for people like that. They are not nice words.

I'm sorry I don't share your same point of view the same as many others on this forum do.

You mean people who care about others besides themselves? Yeah, I guess that's it. You don't share the view that we should care about others and have a responsibility to them.

Again: Dishonest! You're arguing against a straw man: You are lying when you say that we claim that the vaccines are 100% perfect. They are not. They reduce but do not eliminate the chance of infection & transmission. Please stop lying about what vaccine advocates are saying.
Quit with your dishonest comment nonsense. I'm not saying anyone is claiming that the vaccine is 100% perfect. What I AM saying is that he's insinuating that because I'm unvaccinated, I am a risk to the general public and since he is vaccinated, he is not. This is false.

Why would I be concerned with the well being of you and the general public? Pandemic aside, would you care if anyone in my family got really sick or even died from something that could have been prevented? Of course not. Before this pandemic, tons of people were dying, be it natural causes or whatever. No one truly cares about anyone's passing until it hits home. Does that mean I wish people die? No way. I'm not concerned with what people do to take care of themselves or lack thereof. Eat junk food all day every day, consume high levels of sugar, do drugs, smoke cigarettes, drink liquor every day, pick your poison. Many people don't care enough about themselves to begin with. No reason for me to either. Get vaccinated or not. Makes no difference to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Suns and Dave EV
What I AM saying is that he's insinuating that because I'm unvaccinated, I am a risk to the general public and since he is vaccinated, he is not. This is false.
Again, you are bending the truth and statements to fit your narrative. Here are the facts:

If you are vaccinated, you are significantly less likely to catch and spread COVID.
If you are un-vaccinated, you are significantly more likely to catch and spread COVID.

Vaccinated people present significantly lower risk to the public.
Unvaccinated people present significantly higher risk to the public (and themselves).

Why would I be concerned with the well being of you and the general public?
I think we found the root cause of the problem here, folks.

Again, you are bending the truth and statements to fit your narrative. Here are the facts:

If you are vaccinated, you are significantly less likely to catch and spread COVID.
If you are un-vaccinated, you are significantly more likely to catch and spread COVID.

Vaccinated people present significantly lower risk to the public.
Unvaccinated people present significantly higher risk to the public (and themselves).

I think we found the root cause of the problem here, folks.
Not bending anything. If I'm being called a virus generating machine (a post which he deleted or got deleted), this is what I'm replying to. So if I'm not vaxxed, I'm generating the virus and its variants? Lol come on man. Let's not get comical here.

Can't even have a discussion about it openly without being policed. No one is denying coronavirus but nice thread title. You move it elsewhere and it's no longer open for discussion. Nice. If things are going to be one sided about any topic without different opinions or questioning what's right and wrong for each individual, then this thread also shouldn't exist. Preventing discussions about politics and religion, that's understandable but okay boss. Point made.

Reactions: SMR514
Status
Not open for further replies.