Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
United States Coronavirus: 19,575 Cases and 262 Deaths - Worldometer

Doesn’t look like it’s slowing down to me.

2BA84E96-C0F9-40FA-8C74-187BE8763260.jpeg

The lockdown did work in Wuhan. After ~2 weeks if you're not sick you're clear. If you can keep ~everyone apart for ~2 weeks you lower the R0 to <1 and it burns out.

I saw one idea on CNBC I thought was genius. Just freeze EVERYTHING for 30 days nationally. No one collects rent, mortgages, student loans, car payments etc, etc. Anything and everything that can be deferred for a month gets deferred for a month. ~$1k/person to buy groceries or whatever. 30 day national lockdown and get it over.

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and EVCollies
NYC outbreak is no longer an unknown. It’s gotten really bad really quickly. I live in CA and have been mildly annoyed at the state wide shutdown which seems premature and maybe not necessary. HOWEVER, if it prevents or mitigates this unfolding disaster that we are seeing in NYC, then, yeah, it isn’t premature.

Coronavirus Cases Strain New York City Hospitals: ‘We’re Getting Pounded’

Coronavirus in N.Y.: ‘Deluge’ of Cases Begins Hitting Hospitals

That's why Elon needs to. He doesn't need to comment on everything. People can still admire the company and the person without having to agree with everything he says.

NYC outbreak is no longer an unknown. It’s gotten really bad really quickly. I live in CA and have been mildly annoyed at the state wide shutdown which seems premature and maybe not necessary. HOWEVER, if it prevents or mitigates this unfolding disaster that we are seeing in NYC, then, yeah, it isn’t premature.

Coronavirus Cases Strain New York City Hospitals: ‘We’re Getting Pounded’

Coronavirus in N.Y.: ‘Deluge’ of Cases Begins Hitting Hospitals
The surge capacity in US is very limited. Both NY and WA are reeling that way.

What i’m Talking about is high fatalities of Italy. We don’t know whether NYC will be like Italy or Germany.

BTW, looks like WA is not growing exponentially and may come out of the crisis relatively better because of - Seattle Flu study.

It's rather interesting what is called an "Essential Business". I couldn't believe it when I heard on the news that although the local officials want only essential businesses to stay open, the whore houses are STILL OPEN. Oh but don't worry, they say you should wear a mask and they are cleaning surfaces regularly. :rolleyes: I should hope they are cleaning something else :eek:

Starting to look like flu + coronavirus deaths in the US will end up lower than flu in 2018. I'm sure the panic crowd will point to the nationwide shutdown, but listening to North Philadelphia tonight.....I see zero change in behavior.

We'll either have major regional spikes by next Thursday/Friday or we crushed the entire global economy for nothing.

Whatever way you slice it, the total US deaths directly resulting from this economic collapse will FAR eclipse those of CV.

Though much like this Trump presidency, I think a lot of good will come from this shitshow. Trust the Process!

I saw that CVS opened it’s first drive up testing tent to see how it goes. CVS Opens Drive-Through COVID-19 Test Site In Shrewsbury

Not in our area but this one is restricted to emergency responders and health care workers so hopefully the ones set up in Calif, SF should be getting these real soon I would think, will be available to you as initial walk-ins. You really should be up in the front of the line as you guys are protecting us and we will all be worse off if you guys get sick. Maybe a call from your fire chief to your local CVS to get any update? Do you guys have masks to wear?

Hey, on a happier note was going to ask you about your car order and see from a subsequent post you have it! Fire engine red (MCR) right?! So happy you are excited about it and Congrats. Kind of crappy to get it while we’re in shutdown mode here but hope you’re able to have fun in it going to the grocery store. Really happy for you. Don’t forget to use your TeslaCam and Sentry mode settings!

BTW do you (specific or generic to your firehouse or community area) have any masks stored in earthquake preparedness kits? If schools, communities or individuals put them in storage now would be a good time to pull them out. When we first came to Calif we signed up for our city’s classes and also did the search and rescue portion with our local fire department. The masks were part of our kits and even our town’s rail car storage locker I’m sure had a count of them for community neighborhood response teams. Possible some people have forgotten these were stored and can free up.

We do have masks in the DP kits but they really are rated only for dust and such, not medical grade/biohazard material. Often these kits are three years old before they are distributed as they are usually bought with funds from a grant and you know how long it takes the Feds to move.

Starting to look like flu + coronavirus deaths in the US will end up lower than flu in 2018. I'm sure the panic crowd will point to the nationwide shutdown, but listening to North Philadelphia tonight.....I see zero change in behavior.

We'll either have major regional spikes by next Thursday/Friday or we crushed the entire global economy for nothing.

Whatever way you slice it, the total US deaths directly resulting from this economic collapse will FAR eclipse those of CV.

Though much like this Trump presidency, I think a lot of good will come from this shitshow. Trust the Process!
So what numbers on next Friday would make you think that the "panic crowd" was right?

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
California expects to be 56% infected in 8 weeks... some say herd immunity begins around 60%... so we would have herd immunity in the Bay Area and Los Angeles?
My (relatively new) understanding is that the herd immunity numbers are lower in sparse populations (so your 60% number, for instance) and are significantly higher in dense, interactive populations. In those populations, it can approach 100%, at least according to some studies I browsed. This makes sense intuitively - sparse populations don't require as many immune individuals to block the virus from jumping to a new host in the contagious period. Whereas a dense population has people interacting regularly, so it's "easier" to find a susceptible host during the contagious period.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and kbM3