Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spot on. Most of the early studies of HCQ were with advanced patients and some of them died due to existing cardio problems. So HCQ got a bad rap early on, with Orange buffoon adding fuel to that by recommending it. But for what I am reading now, it seems HCQ when administered early on has a good potential to save the patient from even hospitalization or going into ICU.

If I wear the conspiracy hat, it seems that big pharma wants to push a new drug to make billions, and push a narrative that no existing drugs not only cannot aid in the fight, but they are dangerous too. If you look at every HCQ death it is related to very old patients with an existing heart ailment. I wouldn't put past the current CDC to blindly bat for big pharma on this.

I will add, don't let anyone labeling anything as a "conspiracy" interrupt your own critical thought. "Conspiracy theory" label which was once reserved for things like flat earthers is now used as an offensive/defensive tactic for anyone that is opposing the mainstream "facts". I mean, we are on a TSLA investor forum right? It seems like, to the loud minority here, that massive mainstream deception and misinformation only applies to oil/auto and nowhere else. Please explain how that is reasonable. The medical industrial complex is rotted to the core and they are so embedded in government agencies it is shameful. This does not require a study.

It is funny that CoronaQ is actually on a Tesla Investor forum, no? Anyone see similarities with the infamous TSLAQ? I do.

• Funny
Reactions: HG Wells
Try to resist these conspiracy theories. There is always a new one. You can only rely on rigorous clinical studies that have been duplicated at multiple centers. Extraordinary claims require extensive proof. Biology is complex and the immune system really complex.

There is no getting around the need to deliver the studies. Clinical studies are very Very hard to do well and for good reason. The studies deliver the facts and not the wishes we all want to be true. Facts are expensive, stubborn and often disappointing but they move us out of a morass of mere wishes. Just my 2 cents.
Fair enough. Lets keep conspiracies aside.

If u want to know the truth about effectiveness of hydroxycloroquine, follow @JamesTodaroMD His team has done great work tracking its global success. Data appears to show it’s the best treatment so far, no matter what Trump haters+Big Pharma say. Shouldn’t be a political issue. Liberal media has effectively painted HCQ to be a killer drug.

Here are some links that bolsters this opinion:

VA secretary defends use of hydroxychloroquine for veterans, claims analysis led to 'misinformation'

Washington (Kirkland) nursing home: No hydroxychloroquine, 35 deaths out of 120 residents
Texas nursing home: Treatment WITH hydroxychloroquine, 1 death out of 135 residents

James Todaro, MD on Twitter

Last edited:
Fair enough. Lets keep conspiracies aside.

If u want to know the truth about effectiveness of hydroxycloroquine, follow @JamesTodaroMD His team has done great work tracking its global success. Data appears to show it’s the best treatment so far, no matter what Trump haters+Big Pharma say. Shouldn’t be a political issue. Liberal media has effectively painted HCQ to be a killer drug.

Here are some links that bolsters this opinion:

VA secretary defends use of hydroxychloroquine for veterans, claims analysis led to 'misinformation'

Washington (Kirkland) nursing home: No hydroxychloroquine, 35 deaths out of 120 residents
Texas nursing home: Treatment WITH hydroxychloroquine, 1 death out of 135 residents

Thanks for the source. This physician has a lot of positive things to reveal about HCQ use for COVID19

may19todaro.JPG

My sources are confidential, just like my sources for investment. As for whether or not they are legit... you'll just have to take time and track my record to find out yourself.

Wait... Let me get this straight.

You are asking people to trust you, and to prove that you are trustworthy you proffer the fact that you've taken confidential information that you've been entrusted with in the past and disseminated it widely on the internet.

Am I getting that right?

Portugal (were I was born) is doing well. Perhaps it's because of BCG vaccine Could a 100-year-old vaccine protect against COVID-19? | Live Science

Splitting east/west since map shows east/west differ.

Eastern Europe countries doing BCG vaccination in Europe until 1990 or still continuing:

Albania, Czech, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine.

Western Europe countries doing BCG vaccination in Europe until 1990 or still continuing:

Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Norway, United Kingdom.

Discontinued or no mandatory BCG:

Denmark, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden.

upload_2020-5-19_19-43-6-png.543210

Source: BCG vaccine - Wikipedia

Seroprevalence in Sweden with ~98% sensitive&specific tests was 7%(6-10% 95) in Stockholm and and 4%(2-7% 95) in South and West of Sweden.

Also

Estimating the overdispersion in COVID-19 transmission using outbreak sizes outside China
Key findings: The offspring distribution of COVID-19 is highly overdispersed.

For the likely range of R0 of 2-3, the overdispersion parameter k was estimated to be around 0.1, suggesting that the majority of secondary transmission is caused by a very small fraction of individuals (80% of transmissions caused by ~10% of the total cases.)

At least 35 of 94 people who participated in events at a rural Arkansas church caught COVID-19. Three 65+ year olds died. Events from March 6-11 included services with singing, bible studies and at least one pot luck meal. Two members with symptom onset on March 6 and 7 are considered the primary cases, though they had no travel history or known contacts. Two visitors from out of state tested positive, but due to later symptom onset (March 9/10) are not considered primary. Incomplete contact tracing of church members found 26 additional infections in the community, with one additional death.

They only tested symptomatic cases, 45 of the 94, so the actual attack rate is probably higher. The 94 included 33 kids under age 18 - of those only 8 were tested and 2 were positive. All testing was PCR, no idea why they didn't follow up with antibody testing for all 94.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and riverFox
Lets keep conspiracies aside.

Data appears to show it’s the best treatment so far, no matter what Trump haters+Big Pharma say.
LOL.

In normal times pharma sponsors most large studies, but these are not normal times. Instant mega-fame awaits the heroic doctor or researcher who stops the pandemic. Book deals. Speaking tours at $50k/pop. Red carpet treatment at the world premier of the blockbuster movie about his/her life, with Brad Pitt/Emma Stone as the lead. You really think every one of these independent researchers will walk away from all that because big pharma says "don't do it"?

Funding? Ha. How can you think funding is any kind of issue? We've got a president so obsessed with HCQ he takes it prophylactically, for crying out loud. He administers a $5+ trillion budget! Devise a study and Jared Kushner will personally deliver pallets of cash and needed equipment. Heck, he'd probably inject SARS-COV-2 into a couple thousand people just to help you along....

Last edited: