Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This whole HCQ thing is ridiculous. And I mean both sides. People try to defend it with questionable "studies" and others dismiss it immediately because Orange-Man-Bad. If you have to resort to cocktails of antibiotics and vitamins, well, you're heading off to Pluto. Similarly, the other side inflates the risks of a well-known drug to dismiss it and I read people claiming OMB is somehow profiting off it. Both sides promote conspiracy theories to support their claims.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Why? Because I was supposedly part of one thirty years ago! One of around five people who purportedly did the dastardly deed. It made headlines across the US, has a Wiki and other pages dedicated to it, etc. Total bullshit. A mass media fabrication.

Quit being played ...

Brazil finally showing up on the per capita list.

Belgium getting special notice for being high per capita and for 42.

upload_2020-5-21_1-31-57.png

upload_2020-5-21_1-33-4.png

upload_2020-5-21_1-34-57.png

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Why? Because I was supposedly part of one thirty years ago! One of around five people who purportedly did the dastardly deed. It made headlines across the US, has a Wiki and other pages dedicated to it, etc. Total bullshit. A mass media fabrication.

Quit being played ...

Central Park Five?

This whole HCQ thing is ridiculous. And I mean both sides. People try to defend it with questionable "studies" and others dismiss it immediately because Orange-Man-Bad. If you have to resort to cocktails of antibiotics and vitamins, well, you're heading off to Pluto. Similarly, the other side inflates the risks of a well-known drug to dismiss it and I read people claiming OMB is somehow profiting off it. Both sides promote conspiracy theories to support their claims.

Quit being played ...
You killed Biggie & Tupac?

You killed Biggie & Tupac?
I categorically deny any and all involvement in that. /s

Anyway, a quick google search shows pages on snopes.com, gizmodo, wired, etc. on the *real* conspiracy I was involved in. Totally the figment of the imagination of the mass media. Hell, one outlet even had a professor calculate the odds of it happening by chance (iirc, a bazillion to one chance of it not being a conspiracy).

I categorically deny any and all involvement in that. /s

Anyway, a quick google search shows pages on snopes.com, gizmodo, wired, etc. on the *real* conspiracy I was involved in. Totally the figment of the imagination of the mass media. Hell, one outlet even had a professor calculate the odds of it happening by chance (iirc, a bazillion to one chance of it not being a conspiracy).
Ong's Hat? This is more fun than this thread deserves.

Last edited:
The so-called Swedish experiment is mostly about Stockholm, and a few smaller cities.

Put another way, the histogram of population density vary much favors urban living so land mass per capita is misleading. From Wikipedia

Addendum: Google provides some more numbers:
Los Angeles County population density: 2100 per mile*mile
Seattle is about 8000 per mile*mile
Sweden overall: 63 per mile*mile
BUT, 85% of Swedes live in 1.3% of the landmass which works out for them to be 0.85*63*77 =
.... 4123 people per mile*mile

So double that of Angelenos, but ~ 1/2 that of Seattle

Los Angeles County population isn't spread evenly across the County either. Lots of mountains were very few people live.

LACountyPopDensity.png

2565409.png

* Los Angeles County has added ~700k residents since the year 2000.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
I'm curious - were you expecting something else?

His administration is behaving exactly like I expected it would.

But I just assumed that's what his followers wanted (and still want). What is it that you thought would be different?

Honestly, it was more a vote against Clinton than for him. I just could not vote for her for a multitude of reasons.

Plus, living in CA, my vote was pretty much worthless. We knew which direction the state was going to go from day one.

Los Angeles County population isn't spread evenly across the County either. Lots of mountains were very few people live.

LACountyPopDensity.png

2565409.png

* Los Angeles County has added ~700k residents since the year 2000.
Mountains and deserts. The majority of LA county looks like this (Hwy 138):
cbk

and this (Angeles Crest Highway, summer and winter):
2390757887_0300468315_b.jpg

20130309_101220.jpg

Yes, I agree. However, I still expected a much higher percentage of people who have had the virus in Sweden at this point. While they aren't the wild west they are still much more open than most other European countries as well as the US.
Sweden posted 342 deaths the past 7 days, down from 450-500 the prior two 7 day periods and down ~50% from the peak of ~700 about a month ago. Confirmed cases have not declined nearly as much, 3600 recently vs. about 4300/week at the peak. Sweden has much higher death rates than its neighbors, but the Covicopalypse predicted by lockdown fanatics has not materialized.
@SageBrush
How about duct tape instead of mask?
Would keep him safe from SARS-CoV-2
To be safe one must fully cover both nose and mouth....

Came in through one of my journal / trials feeds this AM. Thought it was interesting. I'm not advocating it as a treatment at this time, just was a different direction that was interesting.

Evidence mounts supporting inhaled nitric oxide as COVID-19 treatment
https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/10.1164/rccm.202004-0937LE

Enough safety data available that it has an ongoing (recruiting) clinical trial:
Nitric Oxide Gas Inhalation Therapy for Mild/Moderate COVID-19 - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Last edited:

There is a theory that the extreme division that currently exists in the US is partially due to advanced social media engineering by entities who generate profits or power from the gridlock and carnage it causes. Market manipulation and electioneering in 2020 is worth billions if not trillion in revenue.

The most gullible seem to be media, celebrities, and affluent millennials. Their disassociation with history and American working class society eliminates those factors from their critical thinking process. ie - They don't know that the Silent Majority is actually who runs things.

There is a theory that the extreme division that currently exists in the US is partially due to advanced social media engineering by entities who generate profits or power from the gridlock and carnage it causes. Market manipulation and electioneering in 2020 is worth billions if not trillion in revenue.

The most gullible seem to be media, celebrities, and affluent millennials. Their disassociation with history and American working class society eliminates those factors from their critical thinking process. ie - They don't know that the Silent Majority is actually who runs things.

I was (personally) thinking that foreign actors like China, Russia, and Iran had the most to gain by promoting stuff that keeps the American population divided. But, that's my theory with no evidence to back it up, admittedly.