Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starbucks employee receives more than $16K in tips after refusing to serve a customer who wasn't wearing a mask

ROFL. I'm sure this chick thought she was going to own this guy when she put this on Facebook.

That sure backfired :D

Woman Who Shamed Starbucks Barista Speaks Out, Barista's GoFundMe Grows

Oh, it gets better. Now she is threatening to sue the GoFundMe organizer and want some of the money . . .

EDIT: need we say more?
"Gilles, 35, has three children and considers herself an anti-vaxxer. She says face masks are ineffective."

Last edited:
I don’t comment much on Corona virus as I’m not very knowlegeable on the topic. But I happened across the worldmeter site today and was blown away by the huge new numbers of cases in the USA. (We are from Canada). I couldn’t help but notice though the daily death numbers are quite low compared to a couple months ago. Is the virus getting weaker or maybe better treatment protocols etc? The death toll seems to be about a third of when I was watching a month or do back.

We live in BC and provincial numbers are like 2 or 3 deaths a week and maybe 80 or 90 new cases a week. We just entered phase 3 of reopening yesterday so can travel and camp again. Our health minister gives us a briefing everyday at 3 o’clock and still only recommends personal bubbles of 10 people. (We are around 8 but have bigger contact at work). Restaurants have been open for a couple weeks but with half capacity inside. The province has been helping restaurants extend their outdoor patios though. Canadians are putting lots of pressure on their politicians to keep the border closed until fall now...and then reassess. Hard on tourism though. We tend to get out of Canada in the coldest months, often to a property we own in Palm Springs. Pretty much ruling that out this year and kicking around southern Spain (Malaga) again for this year.

Wishing all our American brothers and sisters well. Hope you get this thing beat soon.

I couldn’t help but notice though the daily death numbers are quite low compared to a couple months ago. Is the virus getting weaker or maybe better treatment protocols etc? The death toll seems to be about a third of when I was watching a month or do back.

Many possible reasons, some of them are:

1) Delays in hospitalization & death (even longer than previously due to earlier case identification). Deaths will lag large case growth by a couple weeks. The signal of increased deaths in AZ is just becoming evident for case growth that began in earnest in late May.
2) Increased testing improving visibility into actual number of infections (catching perhaps 1/3 of infections rather than 1/10th). Means reduced CFR.
3) Improved treatments. Earlier case identification leads to earlier treatment which also likely reduces mortality.
4) Currently the profile of infected individuals is much lower average age. There are only ~10% of cases over 65. Earlier in March/April it was 20-30%. That will reduce IFR by perhaps a factor of 2. But those infection demographics will change as infection density increases.

There is no evidence yet that the virus is less virulent.

I expect we will see a noticeable rise in deaths in the coming week. And I expect that rise to continue for at least 3 weeks. Beyond that it is difficult to predict what will happen and how bad things will get. I think without further lockdowns (unlikely), it looks like it will become catastrophically bad. But I am not predicting that.

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
DC's are probably a ref to user authentication. ie, knowing your real identity.

DC's are a security concept that works for what its designed for (chain of trust) but whackos hear something, don't understand it, fill in the gaps with BS and 'conclude' stuff that is beyond absurd.

Or this?
COVID-19 isn’t an acronym for certificate of vaccination identification

Wow, these people really are nuts.

Back to the starbucks b@#$h - I would love to see Starbucks corporate step up and defend their employee for . . . you know . . . following the current state mandates.

I can buy surgical masks anywhere, my work gives me boxes of the lowest quality made in china stuff for free. But I can make a better mask at home so those are worthless to me.

What I can't buy is N95 masks by SAS Safety or 3M like I could pre Covid-19.

* rectangular mask with string loops for the ears = no seal, air flow can come in from any direction
* fixed shape mask with multiple rubber bands that hold onto the back of the head or neck = seal, air only comes in or goes out through the filter

I'll take a mask with a seal over a mask without a seal. If I can't buy a mask that makes a good seal, I'll make my own that make a seal.

I don't know if I ever posted this before on here but had seen it featured in a CNBC article back in April. Two ex-Apple employees, Sabrina Paseman and Megan Duong, wanted to come up with better solution to surgical masks that would prevent air leakage since the materials in surgical masks are otherwise pretty useful for wearing during this time. Here's their website called "Fix the Mask" which shows 2 methods for getting a seal. One uses a rubber sheet to create a DIY band holding them on and the second method just shows you how to use 3 rubber bands to get a seal. Make it And videos of the two methods:

3 Rubber bands:

Rubber sheet:

Last edited:
I don't get the digital certificates reference, what is that about?

31 questions and answers about COVID-19 | Bill Gates

"What changes are we going to have to make to how businesses operate to maintain our economy while providing social distancing?

The question of which businesses should keep going is tricky. Certainly food supply and the health system. We still need water, electricity and the internet. Supply chains for critical things need to be maintained. Countries are still figuring out what to keep running.

Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it."

If by 'this thing' you mean Brazil --- trying really hard

Yah I hear ya. Honestly it’s hard to watch. Many of us have friends and/or family in the US and are both confused and amazed at what is happening there both in regards to the virus and politics. We see so much hate that Americans have for Americans and wonder what November will bring. Either way, hoping it turns out well for ALL of you.

'
Almost a third of returned travellers in hotel quarantine in Victoria are refusing to be tested for coronavirus, as infections in the state continue to soar.

Deputy Chief Health Officer Annaliese van Diemen said about 30 per cent of international travellers are refusing to be tested, despite multiple offers during their 14-day stay.

“I believe that not everybody who has been offered testing has taken it up,” Dr van Diemen said on Friday.

“We’re getting about 70 per cent of people uptake tests.”

Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy said people in hotel quarantine need to be tested for the virus at the start and end of their stay.

“We will … make sure that people understand before they come that this is a requirement. I think most people will cooperate with that arrangement.”

– AAP'

Australian Defence Force troops touch down in Victoria

Hmmmmm

Covid-19 deaths in USA, June 12th 800, June 19th 729, today 657. This isn't the same as two months ago, when NYC was getting slammed, people were coding within hrs of admittance. It's (virus) weaker or actual infections was much higher two months ago (didn't have enough testing) Thoughts everyone?

Or this?
COVID-19 isn’t an acronym for certificate of vaccination identification

Wow, these people really are nuts.

Back to the starbucks b@#$h - I would love to see Starbucks corporate step up and defend their employee for . . . you know . . . following the current state mandates.
chemtrails.jpg

Covid-19 deaths in USA, June 12th 800, June 19th 729, today 657. This isn't the same as two months ago, when NYC was getting slammed, people were coding within hrs of admittance. It's (virus) weaker or actual infections was much higher two months ago (didn't have enough testing) Thoughts everyone?

Lag. Check back in 2 weeks.