Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refuse to be anyone's slave and wear a mask. Most masks (short of maybe the N95) have no effect on stopping transmission of this flu-like virus (and the manufacturer of the most common mask even has a disclaimer as to how ineffectual the mask is against it).

How about Japan... they've been using masks for decades and live in very crowded environments. Are you saying they are wasting their time wearing masks? Or does mask only NOT work for anti-science people? ;)

UC San Diego is planning on testing basically the entire student population every month in addition to social distancing measures, saying that they've done modelling showing that this is enough to keep the virus under control. I hope it works!

Yeah, pretty sure that's not going to work. I can't imagine what sort of modeling they're doing.

How about Japan... they've been using masks for decades and live in very crowded environments. Are you saying they are wasting their time wearing masks? Or does mask only NOT work for anti-science people? ;)
You don't have to go far to find the disclaimers: Masks - Legal Disclaimer for Customers

"Masks are not designed or intended to prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition, including COVID-19/Coronavirus. Masks are intended for general public use only. They are non-sterile and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas. Masks are not surgical masks, personal protective equipment, or filtering respirators (such as N95 masks)."

Imagine living your life in fear wearing an ineffectual mask, contributing to a CO2-rich environment that will make you more susceptible to the latent viruses already in your system.

You don't have to go far to find the disclaimers: Masks - Legal Disclaimer for Customers

"Masks are not designed or intended to prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition, including COVID-19/Coronavirus. Masks are intended for general public use only. They are non-sterile and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas. Masks are not surgical masks, personal protective equipment, or filtering respirators (such as N95 masks)."

Imagine living your life in fear wearing an ineffectual mask, contributing to a CO2-rich environment that will make you more susceptible to the latent viruses already in your system.

When you wear the same underwear everyday and don't wash it, I guess that'd be considered non-sterile too. What's with trying to claim that anyone claims cloth masks are effective in hospital settings anyway? Just trying to muddy the water, or in your case, soil your underwear - and not wash them. ;)

There is a lot of not wearing masks in Japan also, just look at street live cams.

Point is, japan seems more intentional (intelligent) about where masks are useful and not so useful. Their emphasis is on the 3 Cs - nationwide campaign warning people to avoid the "Three Cs".

• Enclosed spaces with poor ventilation
  • Crowded places with many people
  • Close contact settings such as face-to-face conversations.
I would add there is also a cultural factor common between japan korea australia etc (and was common in usa pre 2000)
(That is, suck it in princess, natural catastrophe is normal, and leave the bitching for later) we see that with SK vs NK, Japan vs tsunami/earthquake, australia vs drought/flood

Reactions: Doggydogworld
476xxt.jpg
I clearly shouldn't do that while drinking. :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld
There is a lot of not wearing masks in Japan also, just look at street live cams.

Point is, japan seems more intentional (intelligent) about where masks are useful and not so useful. Their emphasis is on the 3 Cs - nationwide campaign warning people to avoid the "Three Cs".

• Enclosed spaces with poor ventilation
  • Crowded places with many people
  • Close contact settings such as face-to-face conversations.
I would add there is also a cultural factor common between japan korea australia etc (and was common in usa pre 2000)
(That is, suck it in princess, natural catastrophe is normal, and leave the bitching for later) we see that with SK vs NK, Japan vs tsunami/earthquake, australia vs drought/flood

Right, another out of context comparison. American is like a composting toilet and Japan is light a toilet connected to sewer service. You want the freedom to not pay for sewer service, you will have to do more to manage the composting toilet. Japan has the disease under control, so of course not everyone has to wear mask.

Reactions: dfwatt
117 Fraternity Residents at the University of Washington Reportedly Test Positive for COVID-19

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, tests positive for coronavirus
Guilfoyle, a former Fox News host, serves as the national chair of Trump Victory Finance Committee 2020, the president's reelection campaign, and is focused specifically on fundraising. She and Trump Jr. often headline fundraising events together.
She is the ex-wife of Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
Weird!

If wonder if the lava mad part like Trump reportedly got 'lava level mad' over potential exposure to coronavirus will happen again. :)

I refuse to be anyone's slave and wear a mask. Most masks (short of maybe the N95) have no effect on stopping transmission of this flu-like virus (and the manufacturer of the most common mask even has a disclaimer as to how ineffectual the mask is against it). Abortion up to and including birth is an abominable and inhumane practice, as is the marketing and selling of fetal body parts (Planned Parenthood's cash cow). Gay marriage wasn't enough obviously because now we've moved onto to countless genders, drag queen story hour for children, and transgender restrooms (no matter what stage of transition you claim to be in). I wonder if you're as critical against the rioters and scores of protesters or are giving them a pass because most of them are wearing (ineffectual) masks. It's amazing that protesting is allowed but churchgoing is not. The hypocrisy is endless.

It's also hilarious that someone is still advocating for zero cases before restarting life again. In what universe is that possible short of a full-on totalitarian state? The resistance to the idea of herd immunity is also an interesting social study, as are those who made passes for governors deliberately infecting nursing homes (the people who are most susceptible to any respiratory illness).

Basic masks don’t protect you. They protect others if you happen to have the virus (asymptomatic and presymptomatic makes up a good portion of transmission). It’s not that hard to wear one. Uncomfortable, yes. On the scale of sacrifices for a better America this is so small we should call it a sacrifice for ants. But you are acting like this might as well be laying down your life. The ironic part, which I am sure will be lost on you is that by refusing masks you are basically asking this of others and elders.

This post is so chock full of nonsense and off topic irrelevant political bait the only thing that makes sense to me is this account has been hacked by a troll.

Saw the JT Jr girlfriend story and have to wonder how they will drive back from SD to DC and where they will stay along the way. How soon Jr might test positive? Says he tested negative today. So since they test everyone in Trumps immediate sphere ever day supposedly, she must have also tested negative before they flew out there. Another secret service or campaign worker the spreader or someone in SD, maybe the Gov there if they met with her? She was a “no mask, no need” person. However if the girlfriend tested negative flying out there could she even test positive in SD in that short period of time? Thought there was like a several day window doctors have seen before a positive test.

Learned tonight my BIL, who almost died from diabetes he didn’t know he had, and who’s a Trump, gun-loving person, isn’t wearing masks either. I expect it will knock on his door at some point.

Last edited:
UC San Diego is planning on testing basically the entire student population every month in addition to social distancing measures, saying that they've done modelling showing that this is enough to keep the virus under control. I hope it works!

it can spread a lot in a month’s time. State/community statistics have shown that. Administer the test before someone shows positive and they come down the next day. Look at Trump Jrs girlfriend. No way she wasn’t being tested all the time being so close to the family. Can’t lock kids up and they’re going to socialize at will and with abandon as we’ve seen. Suspect it will be the next hotbed.

Right, another out of context comparison. American is like a composting toilet and Japan is light a toilet connected to sewer service. You want the freedom to not pay for sewer service, you will have to do more to manage the composting toilet. Japan has the disease under control, so of course not everyone has to wear mask.

Both composting toilets and town sewer connected toilets smell better with the window open. (Ventilation)

Masks dont help too much with toilets, primary recommended PPE are:
  • Goggles: to protect eyes from splashes of human waste or sewage.
  • Protective face mask or splash-proof face shield: to protect nose and mouth from splashes of human waste or sewage.
  • Liquid-repellent coveralls: to keep human waste or sewage off clothing.
  • Waterproof gloves: to prevent exposure to human waste or sewage.
  • Rubber boots: to prevent exposure to human waste or sewage.
Guidance for Reducing Health Risks to Workers Handling Human Waste or Sewage | Global Water, Sanitation and Hygiene | Healthy Water | CDC