Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what do we say about the data shown on this chart?

https://twitter.com/wesbury/status/1280669514972180481?s=21
Does that graph assume people die 3.5 days after they check into the hospital?
You really should use new daily hospitalizations with a lag and not a hospitalization census. Another thing is that in New York you weren't getting hospitalized unless you were on death's door and a lot of people died outside of hospitals.
Younger people, lag between hospitalization, death, and reporting of deaths and of cource treatment has gotten better. We'll see what happens. There's really no question about what to do now though. Hospitals can only do a good job if they're not overrun and right now they're on that trajectory.

Last edited:
Well, I'm heading back to Mars. You humans are nuttier than a peanut farm. *

Covid-19 vaccine it's the mark of the beast

“They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven,” West said. “I’m sorry when I say they, the humans that have the Devil inside them. And the sad thing is that, the saddest thing is that we all won’t make it to heaven, that there’ll be some of us that do not make it. Next question.”

Kanye West calls potential COVID-19 vaccine ‘the mark of the beast’

* EDIT: Yes Yes I know its a legume. Just can't remember all of your sayings.

Well at least that explains why Kanye West is a Trump supporter. He's nuttier than a fruitcake.

Well at least that explains why Kanye West is a Trump supporter. He's nuttier than a fruitcake.

You’re not up on latest. He’s no longer a trumper. Said he’s taking the MAGA hat off. Wonder if it had something for him to do with his revealing he had covid “pretty bad” a little while ago. Maybe felt lied to by not wearing masks and it would disappear soon. Anyway kind of also explains his recent announcement of running against trump for the presidency. Won’t even touch on that here. But no, he’s no longer in trumps camp.

From Forbes, today: Kanye West Says He’s Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between

Last edited:
That's the word I was looking for "Fruitcake" .
Humans give the "Fruitcake" they got last year to a distant relative this year.
Such a wonderful tradition.

Its like wine right ? The older it gets the better ?

in fact, its been discovered that there are only 11 fruitcakes in the world; and those have been 're-gifted' so many times, its hard to tell where any of them are at any point in time. (the tracker batteries died decades ago)

You’re not up on latest. He’s no longer a trumper. Said he’s taking the MAGA hat off. Wonder if it had something for him to do with his revealing he had covid “pretty bad” a little while ago. Maybe felt lied to by not wearing masks and it would disappear soon. Anyway kind of also explains his recent announcement of running against trump for the presidency. Won’t even touch on that here. But no, he’s no longer in trumps camp.

From Forbes, today: Kanye West Says He’s Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between

It's all a conspiracy. Kayne will siphon away the AA vote from Biden, and then weeks before the election drop out of the race and endorse Trump. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
Does that graph assume people die 3.5 days after they check into the hospital?
You really should use new daily hospitalizations with a lag and not a hospitalization census. Another thing is that in New York you weren't getting hospitalized unless you were on death's door and a lot of people died outside of hospitals.
Younger people, lag between hospitalization, death, and reporting of deaths and of cource treatment has gotten better. We'll see what happens. There's really no question about what to do now though. Hospitals can only do a good job if they're not overrun and right now they're on that trajectory.

I would agree, but feels like my “cognitive dissonance” is kicking in when that chart is presented to me and i still think this Covid thing is a big issue...perhaps in another month that chart will look completely different with a big trend up in deaths...but I remember seeing a chart like that 3 weeks ago and was told the same thing then.

when are we going to think for ourselves instead of brainwashed by fear mongering misleading media?

we’ve been able to think for ourselves to get over TSLA FUD, but now this is starting to feel a bit the same with Covid (unless this chart changes within next few weeks)

He’s just as coo coo still.

Everyone just needs to stick to their core competencies. Kanye making music. Elon making cars and rockets. Trump bankrupting businesses.

I would agree, but feels like my “cognitive dissonance” is kicking in when that chart is presented to me and i still think this Covid thing is a big issue...perhaps in another month that chart will look completely different with a big trend up in deaths...but I remember seeing a chart like that 3 weeks ago and was told the same thing then.

when are we going to think for ourselves instead of brainwashed by fear mongering misleading media?

we’ve been able to think for ourselves to get over TSLA FUD, but now this is starting to feel a bit the same with Covid (unless this chart changes within next few weeks)

I like the idea of calculating deaths as a percent of hospitalizations, but this chart is a mess. Everything before the end of March is almost completely useless. Testing availability was extremely limited then. Coroners put effort into figuring out cause of death, but hospitalization data was all over the map. Many states didn't even report COVID hospitalizations.

He shows hospitalizations dropping a bit over 50% from the peak until mid-June. Deaths dropped a bit more, call it 60-65% in that time, so his percentage drifted down from a bit over 3% to about 2.5%. That could possibly be due to improved treatments. The rise in hospitalizations since then did not produce an immediate rise in deaths because people don't generally die the day they are admitted. They fight for weeks. So those of us "thinking for ourselves" would expect a lag.

Note that deaths have risen vs. prior week for three days straight now.
California had a military hospital ship deployed as did New York and both were set up with mobile hospitals. Florida is not land-locked nor an island.
The military takes orders from the Democrats in Congress?

Are you for real? Or did you just come over here to troll us? So it's the fear-mongering misleading media that's created anxiety about a pandemic that's killed a hundred and thirty-five thousand people in the United States and that's raging out of control in multiple States? It's obviously the job of the fear-mongering media to make something out of nothing. Then again we have brilliant people like you to point this out to us. We are just sooo fortunate.

I like the idea of calculating deaths as a percent of hospitalizations, but this chart is a mess. Everything before the end of March is almost completely useless. Testing availability was extremely limited then. Coroners put effort into figuring out cause of death, but hospitalization data was all over the map. Many states didn't even report COVID hospitalizations.

He shows hospitalizations dropping a bit over 50% from the peak until mid-June. Deaths dropped a bit more, call it 60-65% in that time, so his percentage drifted down from a bit over 3% to about 2.5%. That could possibly be due to improved treatments. The rise in hospitalizations since then did not produce an immediate rise in deaths because people don't generally die the day they are admitted. They fight for weeks. So those of us "thinking for ourselves" would expect a lag.

Note that deaths have risen vs. prior week for three days straight now.

The military takes orders from the Democrats in Congress?

thanks for the constructive comments/note (unlike others who bash dissenting opinions on here). I guess we will see how next few weeks play out and look at this chart again...at what point if this trend continues (deaths decreasing and/or staying where they're at let's say) do you change your mind?

For example, if there are 5mm cases reported for example and 1-2 months later only ~100 deaths per day still then I think we'd all change our mind obviously about how much of a concern this COVID pandemic still needs to be...what are the metrics/ranges that would change people's m ind about how much to worry about this even if media kept reporting the most fear mongering click-bait headlines they could possibly draw up? (that is of course the business model of today's media)

You're right I'm not up on the latest. But it sounds like he's still nuttier than a fruitcake!