Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, my mask order from Cov.care went unfulfilled for 4 weeks so I disputed the charge today. The last couple of days they answer the new orders line but disconnect from the line that answers questions about placed orders.

I'd appreciate any good leads people have for KN95 masks. Why wife and I have been using two masks we had from 2019 but they are pretty long in the tooth now.
I ordered from Cov.care on June 17 and they shipped July 1. Received them a few days later. Try placing orders for various quantities, maybe they ship the smaller orders first. (I placed a 50 order).

The White House is sending journalists 'opposition research' on Dr. Anthony Fauci, limiting his TV appearances

"The White House has sent reporters at several mainstream media organizations a lengthy list of comments Dr. Anthony Fauci made early on in the COVID-19 pandemic, in an apparent push to undermine the nation's top federal infectious disease expert after he publicly disagreed with President Trump's optimistic assessment of the growing outbreak in the U.S. An unidentified White House official told The Washington Post, CNN, and other news organizations over the weekend that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things."

"In some cases, they truncated his comments to leave off warnings about the disease. The White House is essentially treating Fauci "as if he were a warring political rival," The New York Times reports, and the list of his comments is "laid out in the style of a campaign's opposition research document." The bullet points "resembled opposition research on a political opponent," CNN concurs."
-----------------------
Sometimes I think they can't sink any lower, but they continuously manage to trump my expectations.

And yet 40% of the country still support that scum.

I get that.

But, the daily deaths in NY for the past 7 days has averaged about 10 deaths. So, to go from those numbers to 0 seems more like having taken a day off in the reporting.
My comment was aimed at the downward Trend and the good control not the zero. Don't get lost in the details. I hope you agree – It's the big picture that counts.

Have you ever trusted a Doctor ?

Trump promotes tweet that accuses the CDC and doctors of ‘lying’ about COVID-19 to hurt his campaign

Trump promotes tweet that accuses the CDC and doctors of ‘lying’ about COVID-19 to hurt his campaign

Yes saw something like this about Fauci yesterday. What a sad person. His typical “if you don’t support me I’ll destroy you“ tactic no less. Totally expected move from him. Like I said, sad person.

We just got a text from a trumper relative, neither of the couple believes in wearing masks despite both having known underlying conditions. The wife was just admitted* to hospital this morning with “pneumonia” and told her numbers are bad. They also have a friend who has been living with them for a while who also has similar beliefs about the hoax so this could be very bad for all of them.
* still sitting in ER waiting to get assigned a room.

Last edited:
Arizona coronavirus: Three teachers who shared a classroom got Covid-19. One of them died - CNN

"Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.
Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide."
-------------------------
A sign of things to come.
But but - think of the children's mental state when they are not able to go to school!?
"Skillings, who taught alongside Kimberly Byrd, told CNN that when it comes to reopening schools, we need to think of our children's emotional state.
"Children that like to touch things, like to share -- they're socializing," Skillings said.
"What are we going to do to them emotionally if they take that virus home and give it to a family member or daycare worker or someone they are close to, and that person passes away?"
Yeah, what are we going to do?
Blame Obama, that's what.

Welp, my mask order from Cov.care went unfulfilled for 4 weeks so I disputed the charge today. The last couple of days they answer the new orders line but disconnect from the line that answers questions about placed orders.

I'd appreciate any good leads people have for KN95 masks. Why wife and I have been using two masks we had from 2019 but they are pretty long in the tooth now.

Check ebay, Sage. I ordered some on Friday and they should be here this week. Not sure how legit they are, but I'll post if it seems like there is anything wrong with them.

• Helpful
Reactions: SageBrush
Emergency Psychotic Moron Alert

Chuck Woolery's Twitter feed gets today's Psychotic Moron alert. These are reserved for exceptionally outrageous instances of refractory idiocy. Note heavy reliance on projection of a virtually non-stop continuous pathological lying by current Administration, a universal feature of severe narcissistic and sociopathic character Dynamics. Good job Chuck! And yes the answer to the question on everyone's mind, can Chuck be treated with Moron Spray, no he has been one of our most refractory patients. 100% popcorn brain. Hopeless.

20200713_112207.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes I think they can't sink any lower, but they continuously manage to trump my expectations.

And yet 40% of the country still support that scum.

Even as a Californian, I have friends, clients, colleagues, and a few relatives who are Republicans. For many of them, voting for Trump is not about supporting him. Instead, it’s because of one or two issues that fall on the R side of the spectrum that is so hard to give up that they will overlook anything that R leaders say and do.
Taxes, abortion, religion, immigration, LGBTQ. Choose one.

Even as a Californian, I have friends, clients, colleagues, and a few relatives who are Republicans. For many of them, voting for Trump is not about supporting him. Instead, it’s because of one or two issues that fall on the R side of the spectrum that is so hard to give up that they will overlook anything that R leaders say and do.

You forgot guns.

... he has done a far better job in controlling the virus than the US's leadership.
Talk about setting the bar low....
I wonder how long it will be until Fauci is fired? How much more damage will be inflicted on the CDC before this is over?
I don't think he can actually fire Dr. Fauci. The biggest blow to the CDC was the test screw-up, which was entirely self-inflicted.

In other news, Sweden seems to have dropped under 100 deaths/week, though I'm just guessing at this point thanks to their new reporting scheme. In the three months since Singapore found the slave quarters outbreak they've knocked it way down, but can't knock it out. I've grown increasingly suspicious of their 0.06% CFR. And speaking of competent Asian countries who can't knock it out, South Korea has averaged ~50 cases per day since nightclub boy's big evening a couple months ago. That's entirely manageable, of course, but it shows the extreme folly of talking about eradication in the US. Hope that vaccine works!

Staying with the letter S, hospitalizations here in San Antonio spiked from 90 to 1235 from June 7th to July 7th then seemed to stabilize. We were at 1265 last night, up 30 in five days after averaging over 30/day for a solid month. Mask order became effective again in mid-June and they closed bars in late June. So let's hope this apparent stabilization real and not just a head-fake.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and Dr. J
That's entirely manageable, of course, but it shows the extreme folly of talking about eradication in the US.

To be clear, I never talk about eradication in the true sense - though I may have used the word. I think zero cases in the US is a good goal to shoot for. It’s basically a zero tolerance policy that informs decisions about how to proceed with containment and suppression efforts (and funding!).

I think at this point it is very clear that the zero tolerance strategy is superior to the chosen alternative, in any case.

Choosing zero tolerance at this late juncture would be more costly, but likely still superior to any other option. Seems like therapeutics (mab) are the new shiny object, but that seems pretty foolish.

More questions about long term immunity

Immunity to Covid-19 could be lost in months, UK study suggests

"People who have recovered from Covid-19 may lose their immunity to the disease within months, according to research suggesting the virus could reinfect people year after year, like common colds.
In the first longitudinal study of its kind, scientists analysed the immune response of more than 90 patients and healthcare workers at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS foundation trust and found levels of antibodies that can destroy the virus peaked about three weeks after the onset of symptoms then swiftly declined."
"But Prof Arne Akbar, an immunologist at UCL, said antibodies are only part of the story. There is growing evidence, he said, that T cells produced to fight common colds can protect people as well. Those patients who fight the virus with T cells may not need to churn out high levels of antibodies, he added."

But I guess only time and more studies will tell.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Emergency Psychotic Moron Alert

Chuck Woolery's Twitter feed gets today's Psychotic Moron alert. These are reserved for exceptionally outrageous instances of refractory idiocy. Note heavy reliance on projection of a virtually non-stop continuous pathological lying by current Administration, a universal feature of severe narcissistic and sociopathic character Dynamics. Good job Chuck! And yes the answer to the question on everyone's mind, can Chuck be treated with Moron Spray, no he has been one of our most refractory patients. 100% popcorn brain. Hopeless.

View attachment 564152
It's like these morons are bragging about being suicidal. It is a death cult.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt
Santa Clara County got their late Phase 2 reopening variance approved over the weekend so today places like hair salons can open; first time since early March. Got my afternoon appt. set for today. Figured no way of knowing what the weeks ahead will bring as far as falling back on reopening of things so getting it cut short to last for a few months if need be. However not all counties at this time will be able to have hair salons stay open.

Gov. Newsom is speaking now and is Statewide shutting down some indoor operations like bars for example. As for the specific 30 counties on the WatchList (see screen grab below), pull backs will shut down some indoor things, like hair salons. Here’s the list from a few slides if you’re interested.

09B550C7-CC12-4DC3-80A5-A1F77E3AD2E1.jpeg 262CB7B5-F9E6-4D10-B0DC-20AB4031E8F4.jpeg

9C3CCD4B-CA16-4AD3-AA00-005450D5D8F0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Santa Clara County got their late Phase 2 reopening variance approved over the weekend so today places like hair salons can open; first time since early March. Got my afternoon appt. set for today. Figured no way of knowing what the weeks ahead will bring as far as falling back on reopening of things so getting it cut short to last for a few months if need be.

Is it really worth it to risk it? Just because the county says they can open doesn't mean your safety is guaranteed. So many things are about risk/reward ratios these days...

How do you live in California and still vote for Trump because of Taxes?? His blue tax affected me by 5 digits, I would imagine it's likewise in California.