Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sign sparks outrage at Union County grocery store
Owner of a grocery store posts a sign saying to respect "respect people inside the store who choose to wear a mask as well as those who choose not to wear one." and "A lot of these same people support LGBTQ. This lifestyle is a sin in God's eyes and spreads deadly diseases and sickness. Are they really concerned about people's health???"
trumpism and religion is a match made in hell

Owner of a grocery store posts a sign saying to respect "respect people inside the store who choose to wear a mask as well as those who choose not to wear one." and "A lot of these same people support LGBTQ. This lifestyle is a sin in God's eyes and spreads deadly diseases and sickness. Are they really concerned about people's health???"

The store should get fined as mask wearing is mandatory for businesses in PA.
https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-masks-are-mandatory-in-pennsylvania-businesses/

whoa!

I didn't believe it, so I checked the article.

damn.

double down on the derp.

at least they show themselves for what they are. so, responsible people can AVOID them, from now on.

problem is, I bet that's acceptable to the locals.

each day, I continue to think we should have split into two countries. our belief systems are just not compatible and its literally, truly literally killing us.

Reactions: JRP3
If you wear a mask, enforcement is irrelevant
If you do not, you will invite enforcement

The first one I agree with, but the second one simply isn't happening in a lot of places.

It's not happening because Trumpers are at all levels.

The split needs to be fixed as that's what's broken.

That's vastly more important than enforcement. You can likely get to 99% compliance (in indoor spaces where we're mostly concerned about) if you got the Federal Level, State Levels, and Churches to agree on advocating for masks.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear I need to start having daily Moron Awards. As further proof that Trump only picks the very best people I give you Exhibit A, his attorney Rudy Giuliani, who is in fact 1/3 Attorney and 2/3 Dancing Circus Monkey.

All you have to do is put a camera in front of Rudy Tooty and he starts incriminating his clients. Today he was on TV explaining how Trump lied about his taxes being under audit. I wonder if he bills per hour or per fu--ed up debacle?

He actually looks like Simon Bar Sinister.

15946834480176722583837086690405.jpg

20200713_191617.jpg

Today he was on TV explaining how Trump lied about his taxes being under audit.
It sounds like trump was audited, and then paid up. It would explain why he has worked so hard to keep them hidden. I'll guess the settlement was not chump change and the reasons for the IRS corrections not particularly complimentary towards trump.

It really is a pity that the tax records are not exposed before the elections. At least the trumpers would know what kind of crook they are voting for.

Question: are tax evasions ever a criminal affair if money is paid in full ? Why didn't Capone pay and walk ? Wikipedia implies that the IRS refused settlement and this left Capone open to criminal charges.

Last edited:
whoa!

I didn't believe it, so I checked the article.

damn.

double down on the derp.

at least they show themselves for what they are. so, responsible people can AVOID them, from now on.

problem is, I bet that's acceptable to the locals.

each day, I continue to think we should have split into two countries. our belief systems are just not compatible and its literally, truly literally killing us.
It's Central Pennsylvania. James Carville defined Pennsylvania as Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.

• Funny
Reactions: linux-works
I don't think its an all or nothing deal; slavery could be dealt with AND the states could be left to do their 'southern thing'.

there should also be free mobility for anyone who wants to 'switch sides' and move. no one should be locked in an area with belief systems they don't buy into. this is hard to implement, but if you do divide up the country, this has to be a requirement. (I'm dreaming, none of this could ever happen, but its interesting to try a thought experiment).

locally is the right way. I never believed in bigger and bigger countries and governing bodies. I don't like companies getting bigger and bigger and buying up the competition. none of that is good for the little guy.

smaller ruling entities can reflect their local styles. one size does not fit all, CLEARLY. and you will never change everyone's mind.

and besides, are you going to right all the world's wrongs? what about 'this country' over there that does some nasty crap? we gonna go fix them? at what point do we stop doing that?

I don't have a solution, but what we have, now, IS NOT WORKING.

I am all in favor of discussing and trying new ideas. but those in charge have too much to lose, so that will never fly.

Yes indeed, although the thought of letting the South continue slavery to rid myself of trumpers is more than I can stomach. Would the Southern states return to slavery today if given independence ? Just having to ask the question says everything.

well, continuing the thought experiment (aka, Fake News to the faux crowd, lol) - as long as people could MOVE, the locals could eat each other for dinner and who would care?

when no one is left to do their work for them, the problem will self-solve ;)

mobility. its what locks people in. people have no money to move and doing a move (and finding a new job and house) is hard. impossible if you are below poverty.

I WOULD be in favor of watchmen (whatever you want to call them) in every parking lot, with radios and maybe more toys. not armed, but at least THERE to deter. presence can help deter much more than absence and cops are simply not walking the beat anymore. and 'the beat' is too large in some areas, so it was never feasable to walk/watch it.

That's actually exactly how it works in South Africa. Every parking lot have multiple "parking attendants". They're not paid for by the lot owner, they work on tips and each person guards a couple of rows of cars from breakins and thefts. Nobody is armed, it's just big intimidating guys walking around the lot. It's a gig economy that popped up by itself in the late 90s.

And it really works, even though South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world, parking lot breakins are very rare. I had no qualms about leaving a Mercedes with a laptop in it in an open parking lot.

Before there were parking lot attendants - circa 1995, I had my car broken into and speakers stolen, in the parking lot of a police station. Go figure.

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC
That's actually exactly how it works in South Africa. Every parking lot have multiple "parking attendants". They're not paid for by the lot owner, they work on tips and each person guards a couple of rows of cars from breakins and thefts. Nobody is armed, it's just big intimidating guys walking around the lot. It's a gig economy that popped up by itself in the late 90s.

And it really works, even though South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world, parking lot breakins are very rare. I had no qualms about leaving a Mercedes with a laptop in it in an open parking lot.

Before there were parking lot attendants - circa 1995, I had my car broken into and speakers stolen, in the parking lot of a police station. Go figure.
Interesting story. I was musing the other day whether Arab world type 'baksheesh' (made famous in American movies by Turkey) was a more efficient system than trump style corruption.

mobility. its what locks people in. people have no money to move and doing a move (and finding a new job and house) is hard. impossible if you are below poverty.

How about if instead of the blue states supporting the red states with taxes, we just pay to assist individual red state people who enjoy Civil Rights to move to blue states?

California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Massachusetts fund about a $100b to other states. That's easily enough to pay for about 10 million moves per year.

and when I used to park at work, back when there WAS such a thing (wow, I miss 2019, as sucky as it was) I knew they had security guards at least walking around. that's mostly what it takes.

supermarkets really need that. a few times I saw a model 3 broken into, with the usual triangle glass all over the ground. if they stores paid for just a few guys to stand around - big guys, like you describe - that would fix it - AND give jobs to those that probably need them. win/win all around!

nah, that's crazy talk. it will never work (lol).

How about if instead of the blue states supporting the red states with taxes, we just pay to assist individual red state people who enjoy Civil Rights to move to blue states?

California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Massachusetts fund about a $100b to other states. That's easily enough to pay for about 10 million moves per year.

I would not object to that idea, either.

whatever puts people where they feel they BELONG and are not in harms way.

right now, people are stuck in bad areas and really have no choice. and that is being used against them. its a downward spiral.

Reactions: deonb
Even if you were to transfer all people to their preference of a Red or Blue state, within a couple years they would once again be after each others throats...but for different reasons.

Seems that no matter how you structure a society, it always devolves into conflict.

Only place it works is in a totalatrian society where one philophy forces their rules on the entire population. They use their true belivers in the population to keep the discenters under total control, or simple eliminate them. Communism perhaps gives the best result...if they can maintain total control/