Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to be taking a long time for them to get him out to Marine-1. Maybe it means nothing, but I'm half-expecting him to come out on a stretcher now, which would not be a good sign. I'm sure that would be deemed another case of "abundance of caution."

One thing I've heard mentioned is that they may want to move him now to avoid potential optics (in the future) of him having to be moved out of the White House on a stretcher.

Unfortunately it appears there is some delay in being able to get him out of the White House, even now. Could be nothing. Maybe he's getting his hair done.

EDIT: He walked to the helicopter on his own power, no problems. Fit as a fiddle. Masked.

Last edited:
It seems to be taking a long time for them to get him out to Marine-1. Maybe it means nothing, but I'm half-expecting him to come out on a stretcher now, which would not be a good sign. I'm sure that would be deemed another case of "abundance of caution."
The man is so vain they're probably just figuring out someway to transport him without being seen.
Thread is getting political but I have to leave this here:

"He is suffering from fever, chills, congestion and a cough", according to ABC News. "The first lady, who is 50, has a "mild cough and headache," [Dr. Sean] Conley reported.

White House Communications Director Alyssa Farah confirmed that Trump had not transferred power to Vice President Mike Pence, despite his hospitalization. 'The president is in charge,' she said. "
(from the Daily Mail...i know :rolleyes:)

Sounds like he's a bit worse off than some might have thought.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Regardless, last I checked it was past Phase 3 trials with no outstanding side effects.

The Regeneron cocktail was given after a compassionate use application from his doctors.

https://investor.regeneron.com/static-files/fd58ba6a-f401-47b0-9d65-cfb01c313ec6

I assume most people could have their doctors file such an application if they were in the early stages of COVID, and it would sail right through. Fair is fair.

I assume they're going to get the HCQ going at the hospital.

Polyclonal probably has a better chance of success.

This particular treatment was tested on a group with average age 45, and is targeted for use in seronegative individuals (not mounting a proper antibody response I guess, or early in infection course).

It seemed to cut (additional) hospital-like visits by about a factor of two for these seronegative patients.

Well this is pretty shocking

Not really. No one cares about COVID at the White House. Not clear whether or not the Biden team was taking it seriously either, though I would guess they did. (Both campaigns were on the honor system. News flash: don't put the Trump campaign/admin on the honor system.)

They're still not going to wear masks at the White House as far as I can tell. What happens just doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Nothing makes any difference. It's just a totally open-loop system. This virus is a nothing burger as far as they are concerned, and they firmly believe everyone just needs to get it, so we can move on. The facts DO NOT MATTER.

Just keep in mind that we're up to 50k cases per day around the country, and we are losing close to 1000 people a day, with hospitalizations up. Testing is above a million tests a day pretty consistently now, but it's simply not keeping up with case growth at the moment. And things haven't even started to get difficult, nor have we seen any mortality from the recent rise in cases. Americans are no longer interested in this virus, as far as I can tell. COVID is over, and magical thinking is going to make it go away - that's the plan.

Last edited:
But I have no empathy for the president without any empathy himself
One does not need empathy to refrain from setting up concentration camps for refugees and forcefully tearing babies away from their mothers.

Trump is a sociopath. I suppose we can ask ourselves what a reasonable, normal person should feel towards a sociopath.

Last edited:
The facts DO NOT MATTER.

Just keep in mind that we're up to 50k cases per day around the country, and we are losing close to 1000 people a day,

Yep; Those people are as much a victim of abject stupidity as they are of COVID. It's almost like when someone with HIV dies of pneumonia. Was it the opportunistic infection or AIDS that really killed them. 'Merka has had stage 4 anti-intellectualism festering for years. This is just a symptom.....

Does it void your Tesla warranty if you don't want the President to die? Asking for a friend...

Pretty sure most people would prefer he doesn't die. Can't foreclose on and indict someone for tax evasion and money laundering if they're dead.

But... if he does die... it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
They're still not going to wear masks at the White House as far as I can tell.
Earlier today:
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.38.26 PM.png

Now:
https://twitter.com/AlexWardVox/status/1312126256817692672?s=20

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 6.03.52 PM.png

The deep state is at work! Still seems like a terrible, weak, pathetic, policy.

Does it void your Tesla warranty if you don't want the President to die? Asking for a friend...

I don't want him to die.