Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden I am reading posts by people and news sources on the Internet about the vaccines affecting women's menstruation. Anyone know where this came from. It's almost like this is the new replacement for the debunked microchipping.

FAUX news? LOL

All of a sudden I am reading posts by people and news sources on the Internet about the vaccines affecting women's menstruation. Anyone know where this came from. It's almost like this is the new replacement for the debunked microchipping.

If they are concerned about the vaccine affecting menstruation, they should be even more alarmed about what actual COVID does...

Reactions: Jeff N and madodel
Your linked article was April 6th. This was April 5th:

Seems to have started from anecdotal Twitter posts:

I have a question that is way too politically incorrect to ask in real life. But since there are many medical professionals here, I'd like to take the chance to find out.

This all stems from COVID research. I was going down the rabbit hole of how covid and obesity together makes the disease deadlier.

Looking at how once ppl get to a certain size, the cardiovascular system can no longee supply enough oxygen to every part of the body so parts start dying off.

Now, can the same be said about our nervous system? Our skin's feeling of touch. Is it possible that as your surface area expands while the amount of neurons stays constant, the feelings you get from the skin gets less intense?
[Disclaimer: not a professional MD, all my opinions are just what they are not advice]

Having said this, I'd like to mention that I have been personally doing my own health research for decades now as a (serious) hobby. I have helped myself and others with good success for a variety of ailments*. I have very close friends who survived C19 with various degrees of success, whom I have been in touch with all the time. And I myself ended up also catching it, fortunately got out of it fine.

In a nutshell, C19 is like any other bad cold EXCEPT that it is very dangerous once it gets your lungs infected - at that point you lose oxygen, if the infection continues your body gets into that cytokine storm where your own immune system fights your body indiscriminately. Nowadays the docs know to calm down that overreaction with dextamethasone or some other meds, give you an oxygen mask to help with the Oxygen deficiency, and lo and behold your body gets back to health if all goes well. I'm skipping over details, but you can probably find them out for yourself**.

In relation to obesity, then: the initial simple answer would be that inasmuch as obesity correlates with a weakened immune system, the exposure to C19 is worse for obese persons. This also comes from a related issue: more advanced doctors (those high priced functional medicine trained/ certified ones in particular) recommend the Keto diet in general for C19 and especially in case of obesity.

Whether obesity can be threatening at the level of death, this is of course a gray issue, depending on many conditions, but my feeling is that with all we know AND all the various methods (some not publicized or forbidden to be talked about for fear of reprisals if you are an MD etc) to help fight the virus, the odds are very good for survival/ cure.

Hope this helps - all the best

(*) One thing I found is that 1/- it is very hard to find an appropriate MD - much like finding a good mechanic, it's very much like artists - diplomas or certification/ popularity aren't sufficient to find the best ones for your condition*** 2/ doctors have to keep their livelihood and license up as their first priority, which is understandable, so sometimes 3/ a non traditional mainstream MD approved treatment is sometimes better suited for curing certain issues .

(**) Unfortunately Google is now very censored (same for Yahoo / MSN etc), and even standard established not so controversial sites like Mercola's are on the verge of being shut or hidden from Google searches. Those of traditional MD's who do deviate ever so little from the "official" recommendations are forced by the FTC / CDC / FDA to remove useful health information. Mercola's is an anomaly, probably because he as the means to fight these attacks in court, for now.

(***) For each condition, there are absolutely best world doctors/ surgeons, some in well known hospitals/ clinics, some in not so well known ones. Takes so much effort to figure out, there are now high priced health advisors just to navigate the field. Even then you still end up having to make the final decisions. For example Steve Jobs made a fatal decision not to consult the special MD (Dr N. Gonzalez) his acupuncturist had recommended, because after following his Zen buddhist adviser his situation got worse so he let a panel of scientists guide him exclusively. They did a great job, within their limits, and Steve Jobs lasted a bit longer than otherwise - but wasn't cured, which I am very certain would have happened with Dr Gaonzalez.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
I think that in some places, the future is already here. In Chatham County GA, vaccination rates have basically already plateaued, and at a much lower level than that required for aspirational herd immunity. The data in the chart below is confirmed by the trickle of cars making their way through local "mass vaccination" sites. Picture the lines of cars you see at big stadiums on TV. Contrast that with here, where this week they're down to ~1 car every 10 minutes. Vaccine eligibility here has been open to pretty much all adults for a couple of weeks now, and there is a large majority of people who are just choosing not to be vaccinated.
View attachment 655425
Once the lines are drawn between the vaccinated and the un-vaccinated, (and by the way, the unvaccinated are also most likely to be un-masked and un-social distanced), the only thing that's left is for Covid to slowly burn its way through that population. There may be parts of the country that can nearly snuff this thing out. But in others, it's just going to be bad, and it will probably for a long time.

The question for me, now that I'm vaccinated is, how am I going to conduct myself as Darwinism plays out before our eyes? People have made a choice that I don't agree with, but that's free will. So disappointing. I was totally on board with protecting people who are innocently unprotected. But protecting those who actively choose to take that risk? Not sure I'm willing to do that long term.
While I'm fairly certain not many care about vaccination details in Chatham County, Georgia, I feel the need to post a correction. Yesterday the GA DPH updated their data with an apparent correction which puts my county right up there with the rest of the state in terms of % vaccinated. There was no explanation, but I'd guess that they came across some new records from a third party vaccination site like CVS or something, back-dated to vaccinations from mid-February. At any rate, I'm happy to learn that local vaccinations don't seem to be slowing down as much as the earlier data indicated.
1619746683157.png

Now "Vaccine shedding". What next?

No, Other People’s Covid Vaccines Can’t Disrupt Your Menstrual Cycle

"In recent weeks, people who oppose Covid vaccinations have spread a claim that is not only false but defies the rules of biology: that being near someone who has received a vaccine can disrupt a woman’s menstrual cycle or cause a miscarriage."​

How insane are these people or is this some deliberate plot cooked up to sabotage this entire effort? Why do people believe this stupidity?

Now "Vaccine shedding". What next?

No, Other People’s Covid Vaccines Can’t Disrupt Your Menstrual Cycle

"In recent weeks, people who oppose Covid vaccinations have spread a claim that is not only false but defies the rules of biology: that being near someone who has received a vaccine can disrupt a woman’s menstrual cycle or cause a miscarriage."​

How insane are these people or is this some deliberate plot cooked up to sabotage this entire effort? Why do people believe this stupidity?

Dude, the general public is seriously dumb. I used to be the Public Information Officer for a major fire department, and eventually got worn out after dealing with so much stupid nonsense from people.

I distinctively remember when we got a new oversight council member who happened to be Islamic, we had a whole ordeal because some racist group tried to spread a conspiracy that he was putting 'government mind altering chemicals' in the water we sprayed on house fires that changed your DNA and made you question Christianity. I kid you not.

And we got hundreds of calls from concerned citizens asking how we were okay with the FACT that this was happening. o_O

Dude, the general public is seriously dumb. I used to be the Public Information Officer for a major fire department, and eventually got worn out after dealing with so much stupid nonsense from people.

I distinctively remember when we got a new oversight council member who happened to be Islamic, we had a whole ordeal because some racist group tried to spread a conspiracy that he was putting 'government mind altering chemicals' in the water we sprayed on house fires that changed your DNA and made you question Christianity. I kid you not.

And we got hundreds of calls from concerned citizens asking how we were okay with the FACT that this was happening. o_O

Example...

I think there are only 4 kinds of people in the USA. People seeking asylum, people in the asylum, people running the asylum, and the rest of us.

LOL

I went to my local Costco yesterday and saw that they were providing free COVID vaccinations at the in-store pharmacy.
The employees roaming the front of the store had signs and were advertising the free vaccine, just like they do about signing up for the Costco credit card. They had both Moderna and J&J available.
I asked one of the employees and he said they had one person up to that point that day get a vaccine (I was there at about 5pm).
Hopefully, making it easy for people to get a vaccine by providing free walk-ins at places like Costco and Target will up the vaccination numbers.

I went to my local Costco yesterday and saw that they were providing free COVID vaccinations at the in-store pharmacy.
The employees roaming the front of the store had signs and were advertising the free vaccine, just like they do about signing up for the Costco credit card. They had both Moderna and J&J available.
I asked one of the employees and he said they had one person up to that point that day get a vaccine (I was there at about 5pm).
Hopefully, making it easy for people to get a vaccine by providing free walk-ins at places like Costco and Target will up the vaccination numbers.

So if they get 2 Modernas given out in one day they end up tossing away the rest.

Walk ups are good in the grand scale but I'd have to assume they would cut them off if the turnout is too low to avoid wasting vaccine.

as a reminder doses per vial has increased and varies

The FDA said the maximum doses available from a current vial of Moderna’s messenger RNA Covid vaccine is now 11, up from 10. The regulator also authorized new vials that hold between 13 and 15 doses each.

The actual number of doses available will depend on the type of syringe and needle used, so the FDA cautions that the total could be lower than the new authorized maximums. But Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said the changes will help make more vaccine doses available.

Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Moderna said it studied ways to add more doses to each vial as a way to address manufacturing bottlenecks, accelerate vaccine production, and reduce the need for consumable materials that are in high demand. The company said it expects to start shipping the new 15-dose vials in coming weeks.

So if they get 2 Modernas given out in one day they end up tossing away the rest.

Walk ups are good in the grand scale but I'd have to assume they would cut them off if the turnout is too low to avoid wasting vaccine.

as a reminder doses per vial has increased and varies

I am seeing vaccinations centers closing down due to lack of demand. If we have no demand, send it to other countries. One additional dose administered in the world is better than having a wasted vial. India is in the news as wanting doses ASAP.

It is shocking how fast we went from massive demand, hard to get appointments, and very long lines to no waiting please come get some.

I thought for sure there would still be people clamoring through May before we got to this point.

Maybe they underestimated how many people either aren't paying attention or don't actually want the vaccine(s).

It is shocking how fast we went from massive demand, hard to get appointments, and very long lines to no waiting please come get some.

I thought for sure there would still be people clamoring through May before we got to this point.

Maybe they underestimated how many people either aren't paying attention or don't actually want the vaccine(s).
I really think it is the AZ and J&J clots. People don't understand statistics or medical research. We'll see if reading about the breakdown in India motivates people to get vaxxed.

Reactions: cwerdna
I'd say in some places we are nearing diminishing returns. My county is at 60% with at least one dose, 40% with both, we had 4% confirmed infections, maybe add at least another 6% unconfirmed, that puts us around 70% with at least some form of effective immunity. Assume another 20% will refuse the vaccine completely so we might have 10% left willing and still waiting for the first dose.

Looking at the NYS chart we have the second highest vaccination rate, second only to Hamilton county, which is in the middle of the Adirondacks and is the least densely populated county east of the Mississippi with less than 5K residents. Surprised they could find them in the wilderness.
COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker

The CDC recently released that, for various reasons, 8% of everyone who received one dose of either Pfizer or Moderna have not gotten their second shot within the recommended time frame.
This is really excellent news. Very high return rate. And probably will trickle up to just 5% who don’t follow up, eventually.

Seems to me the US is predictably tapering off on vaccinations, and I’m hoping we will see more concerted efforts from federal, state and local gov’ts to finish up this job. Personally I think there are just a huge number of people who don’t want to have to go through a hassle to get a vaccine, and their time is coming. Obviously there are other issues of equity and access as well, which should also be improved with a flood of vaccines. We’re not really at a point yet where it is generally easy to get a vaccine - it’s hit and miss.

Would be nice to have a vaccine like Novavax (if it ends up being extremely safe - seems likely to be safer than J&J but who knows), which is much more stable and could be more easily administered by doctors and medical groups. I guess we will see. The Pfizer/Moderna storage issue can probably be managed in most local doctor’s offices, but I’m not really sure.

Last edited: