Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened in China. Once China's COVID local case counts were down to zero, the Chinese authorities said people don't need to wear masks anymore. Heck, with all the facial recognition cameras everywhere the authorities probably prefer people not wear them. But people in China's major cities kept wearing masks for months longer, and many are still wearing them.

• Love
Reactions: madodel
This happened in China. Once China's COVID local case counts were down to zero, the Chinese authorities said people don't need to wear masks anymore. Heck, with all the facial recognition cameras everywhere the authorities probably prefer people not wear them. But people in China's major cities kept wearing masks for months longer, and many are still wearing them.

Ooh, give the AI access to health record and it can spot people breaking quarantine.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
This is from Nature article, depicting messy IP connections related to mRNA vaccines.
I was surprised to see Tesla here.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 122243.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
This is from Nature article, depicting messy IP connections related to mRNA vaccines.
I was surprised to see Tesla here.
Seems it's this:
Tesla Has Been Working On an RNA Bioreactor

- Tesla and CureVac have collaborated on a patent for an RNA bioreactor.
- Although there are no human vaccines made with RNA, the technology could break through on COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- The bioreactor works by combining chemical agents in an egg-shaped magnetic mixer.

Article from mid-2020, patent application from mid-2019

COVID is over**, and the CDC's efforts to flatten the curve are destined to fail. ;)

The final sign will be when the Abbott Binax Antigen tests go on clearance.

View attachment 663280

** In the US, for now.
Was at the store today and they had a large supply of Lysol spray cans on sale. And I didn't buy any. Who'd of believed that 6 months ago. 🤪

Nice plot showing the nonlinear relationship between neutralizing antibody levels and efficacy, which has been discussed here before (e.g. why not to panic about a five-fold reduction in neutralizing titer, at least at a community level (on an individual level, you might want to be aware of limitations)). Note the x-axis (neutralization level) is logarithmic.

E1l1f0dUUAUaFJ6.jpg

We're headed into a weird space where about half the population doesn't want to give up the mask even though it's not needed anymore (if vaccinated) and the other half refuse to wear one whether vaccinated or not.

We have a friend of my partner moving back from Florida in a few days. She'll be staying with us for a few days until her apartment is ready. Everyone is fully vaccinated more than a month ago. She has some pretty bad anxiety issues so I'm expecting some mask drama when she gets here. My partner has been on the phone up to 3 hours every day making sure she stays on task and doesn't melt down. I call it talking her down off the roof.

The 7 day average of known new cases is still as high as it was up until end of June 2020. It's not over yet.
(Although the number of unknown cases was surely higher.)

It may be over soon, but that still depends and people are still dying 600 per day. It was actually lower for some time in July 2020.
Just crossed 600,000 on worldometers.info.
Would be a pity if we gave the virus an extension allowing it to mutate.

First trip to Costco today without a mask... hard To believe it’s been 13 months wearing one.
My intention is to wear a mask until it's actually over. I saw an interview (Fauci and the CDC head) at my friend's house (no network TV here) where Fauci said that "We just don't know, we'll know more in six months". Based on that, the no-mask recommendations seems to mean "Please don't wear a mask so we can see if everything works the way we think it should".

My intention is to wear a mask until it's actually over. I saw an interview (Fauci and the CDC head) at my friend's house (no network TV here) where Fauci said that "We just don't know, we'll know more in six months". Based on that, the no-mask recommendations seems to mean "Please don't wear a mask so we can see if everything works the way we think it should".

what does "over" mean to you? zero cases? or vaccine proves to protect you? everyone in your family is vaccinated?

what does "over" mean to you? zero cases? or vaccine proves to protect you? everyone in your family is vaccinated?
"Over" means to me that the rate of new infections in the general population is low enough that it's highly unlikely I (or anyone else) will contract it--even in crowded situations with poor ventilation. I don't believe we are there yet. Yes, everyone in my family is fully vaccinated.