Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here gotten the other mRNA?
ie. Pfizer with Moderna booster, vice versa?
My post about it from up thread is here: Coronavirus

I got two Ms and then got the Pf booster (body aches and a little fatigue the day after. Completely normal the following day).
Kid got two Pfs and then got the M booster (felt nausea the day after. Completely normal the following day).

Last edited:

I got two Ms and then got the Pf booster (body aches and a little fatigue the day after. Completely normal the following day).
Kid got two Pfs and then got the M booster (felt nausea the day after. Completely normal the following day).
Any trouble requesting/scheduling different brand?

Any trouble requesting/scheduling different brand?
At the time, the online Walgreens scheduler did not allow me to select a different brand. It was only a few days from the announcement so maybe they do now.
However, Jewel-Osco (Albertsons) scheduler did. It asked for prev brand and then the booster brand. They double-checked when I checked in and once I confirmed then they just gave it to me without further questions.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CatB
Yes had a friend get PPM with minimal booster affects, I plan to do the same once I technically qualify as anti-body response is supposed to be better. My 6 months just elapsed so will wait a few more weeks, plus around here I dont technically qualify for booster yet.

I mean, I think we’d all love to live in a world where we had 5000-10000 cases a day in the US. But I have not seen any suggestions on how to get there without getting everyone infected, unless you vaccinate.

Myocarditis can be serious in young men, particularly adolescent males. It has not resulted in any deaths. However, clearly in all the realistic cases proposed here, there is clear benefit to the vaccine, no matter the age group.

Also I’m not sure how good their data on incidence of myocarditis will be with the reduced vaccine dose; there is very limited data on that. That may cut incidence rates a fair amount with minimal downside to immunity.
Vaccine induced myocarditis and pericarditis is self limiting unlike virus induced myocarditis and pericarditis as the virus can continue to replicate causing the immune reaction to continue and worse case kill people.

I had all Moderna, including the Moderna booster on Thursday but I feel extremely well this morning when I woke up. No more fatigue like I experienced yesterday. I did go to bed a little early last night so maybe a good night's sleep helped.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and jerry33
I had all Moderna, including the Moderna booster on Thursday but I feel extremely well this morning when I woke up. No more fatigue like I experienced yesterday. I did go to bed a little early last night so maybe a good night's sleep helped.
No effects for me either other than arm soreness where I received the shot, and only if you pressed it. This was the same as the first two doses.

Reactions: madodel
In Re-Analysis, Ivermectin Benefits Disappeared as Trial Quality Increased — When studies with a moderate or greater risk of bias were removed, survival benefit vanished

Now that we have a couple of potential real treatments for COVID perhaps the fringe quack non-treatments will go away. I wonder how many people bought out all the heart worm packages from their local pet stores. Maybe they can push this again with the next pandemic.

Some people just want to believe the least reliable source and ignore experts. They'll probably be moving on from ivermectin to something even less reliable like ketamine soon because the latest quack will be pitching it.

In Re-Analysis, Ivermectin Benefits Disappeared as Trial Quality Increased — When studies with a moderate or greater risk of bias were removed, survival benefit vanished

Now that we have a couple of potential real treatments for COVID perhaps the fringe quack non-treatments will go away. I wonder how many people bought out all the heart worm packages from their local pet stores. Maybe they can push this again with the next pandemic.

There are people who will always prefer quacks and charlatans over actual medical doctors because they believe that doctors just want to make us sick so they can sell us pills. Even though doctors don't sell pills! But the quacks and charlatans do sell their fake remedies. Yet their followers never seem to get suspicious about that.

Some people will refuse the real medicines because they're made by "big pharma." (Of course, Ivermectin is also made by big pharma.)

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 9.38.46 PM.png

Mrs. Uujjj says that ivermectin for COVID patients is a good idea in places with a high rate of parasite infections. Some COVID treatments such as steroids can weaken the body's ability to fight off parasites. And if someone with severe COVID also gets a parasite, it can lead to much worse outcomes. This is why India made ivermectin part of their standard COVID treatment.

But ivermectin doesn't do anything against the coronavirus infection itself, and Mrs. Uujjj does not prescribe it to her patients.

Wow, last post was 4 days ago. I guess COVID is over... except it's not. Numbers here where I live are going up again. My wife is now seeing more and more COVID patients everyday again.

COVID is not over, but it is pretty predictable at this point it seems. I guess we’ll see!

Yeah it is going to be a rough winter. Hopefully much better than last winter though. Entirely predictable breakthrough infections will be the story I suppose. Hopefully boosters get officially EUA-approved for everyone within the next couple weeks. No need to reconvene the expert panels for that.

Paxlovid will hopefully have a chance to shine. It’s ~$700 per course; much cheaper than hospitalization. If that really does reduce hospital loading by 5-10x, that will likely be enough to put COVID behind us (hospital loading is the main reason for all the restrictions and caution I think).

And maybe we’ll get a nasal vaccine for mucosal immunity at some point? Seems like it might be needed to really help close the last gap in the armor of the COVID-naive, though that is a dwindling group.

I think COVID is becoming part of the cultural wallpaper at this point. With the vaccines and antiviral drugs we'll be able to keep the fire just smoldering rather than a raging inferno.

The 1918 flu never really left us. Recent studies have found it circulated virtually unchanged until the 1950s when it mutated. One of the strains, I think the H1N strain in circulation today is the descendant of that flu.

From now on we will probably have a small slice of the population die every COVID season. Rather than just being in the winter, it will likely be whenever people are most indoors which will be summer in hotter climates and winter in northern climates. The warmer climates are looking pretty good right now while cooler climates are seeing cases rise.