Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter thread you linked is 95% people mocking a dead person. You can post what you like but it’s not what I’m into.
I have always found the Herman Cain award subreddit to be in poor taste. I doubt anyone would start a subreddit about people who were conned out of their life savings and starved to death because that’s off-putting. The two are similar, though.

Why shouldn't they, the dead don't care and dying doesn't absolve them of their horrible actions.
Put aside for a second whether or not it is in good taste to have a thread mocking a dead person and ask yourself if this forum is enhanced in any way by linking that thread. It detracts from the useful information that is posted here and it comes across as a petty and mean spirited way to take partisan shots at some fringe conspiracy theorist who happened to die from the virus. That’s not how I chose to spend my free time and it makes me less likely to want to come to this forum.

These people were/are spreading lies and causing illness and death. If they are exposed as charlatans maybe some of their followers will wake up.
Yes that's been my exact experience with idiots on the internet. You mock them or people like them on a car forum, they see it on the car forum (they don't), have a moment of self-reflection (they don't), then change their ways (they don't). :rolleyes:

I get it... It is like mocking a fat person that advocates against fat shaming and then has a heart attack. You didn't want them to die necessarily, but they really weren't helping their cause by telling people it is OK to be obese and eat all kinds of crappy food and you feel like on some level it is cosmic justice when they die from the very thing they were actively increasing the odds of happening. So you post it on a car forum to make fun of them in case some fat people on the forum might see it and decide to cut down on the saturated fats.

I'd respect you more if you just admitted that you take pleasure in seeing this person get some karma sent their way (even though you probably don't really believe in karma) because getting the vaccine would have reduced their chance of having this outcome by an order of magnitude and they openly opposed that very vaccine. Because I think that is what posts like that are really about.

The thing about mocking dead people for bad decisions is that everyone has loved ones and friends. Chances may be slim any of them are reading this forum. But I believe if we all post with the thought of being kind it will be a better forum. As for those who die from bad decisions even when presented with evidence, they deserve our compassion, not deirison.

The thing about mocking dead people for bad decisions is that everyone has loved ones and friends. Chances may be slim any of them are reading this forum. But I believe if we all post with the thought of being kind it will be a better forum. As for those who die from bad decisions even when presented with evidence, they deserve our compassion, not deirison.
And prosecute the hell out of the people who spread that misinformation to begin with.

And prosecute the hell out of the people who spread that misinformation to begin with.
Like this guy?

Science is an ongoing iterative process. I’m not sure what you’re suggesting is as simple as you’d like or if it would work out quite how you imagine it would. But I’m relatively anti-authoritarian so we may disagree.

Here are the latest CDC roller coaster graphs. Whee!

18A76E56-E0E0-4EE6-B472-42BEC6886DA0.jpeg
BBF9E7F1-1C4A-4B86-B52F-BF48D432F703.jpeg

Like this guy?

Science is an ongoing iterative process. I’m not sure what you’re suggesting is as simple as you’d like or if it would work out quite how you imagine it would. But I’m relatively anti-authoritarian so we may disagree.
Oof, yeah, that was stupid.
Agree scientific truth is an evolving target.
OT but will be interesting to see how Twitter ends up handling this.

Like this guy?

In Biden's defense he did say this a week later:
If people are vaccinated or tested, they are much less likely to get sick and less likely to spread it to others.

Reactions: CatB and madodel
In Biden's defense he did say this a week later:

Not the point of my comment but I agree it likely wasn’t malicious. Hopefully for his sake the wrongthink bureaucracy moved slow enough that he corrected himself before prosecution 😆