Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderna bivalent on Wed. Only read side effect was going to bed earlier and getting > 8 hrs of sleep (fitbit tracking) ;) We are feeling pretty confident as all of our shots we've had fairly moderate reaction. Autoimmune spouse stops taking one of your immunity suppression drugs for the last few vaccinations.
Outdoor movie night at friends house this weekend without mask. Road trip with friend before that a few states away and never masked. When eating out we did mostly eat at outdoor seating except for a couple place with limited people. Did walk around a few stores without mask.

Saw below was recently updated (9/10) and it appears that B.4.6 is slowly going to take over if I'm reading the past few weeks correctly.

IH0canI.jpg

I went to this Moderna website.

This allows vaccine expiration (not type) lookup. I entered my lot number AS7143C, and that expires May 11, 2023. From elsewhere, I see that expiration of Moderna vaccines typically are 7 to 9 months.

So this is a vaccine that was manufactured extremely recently, so is very likely the new booster. (There was no way to look up what type it was that I could find except through the CDC website which looked private somehow.).

I received a shot from the same batch yesterday, half-way across the country in MN.

Pharmacist also confirmed it's the new stuff, so I guess it really should be.

Very sore shoulder/arm and a headache, so far nothing else.

Fwiw, got my bivalent booster today in one arm and my flu shot in the other. They didn’t update my vaccine card, but sent an email that listed the Pfizer lot number with description said “bival”. Both arms a tiny bit sore, but otherwise fine - course I said the same thing and regretted it majorly the next day after Shingrix #2, so imma gonna shut up now.

Fwiw, got my bivalent booster today in one arm and my flu shot in the other. They didn’t update my vaccine card, but sent an email that listed the Pfizer lot number with description said “bival”. Both arms a tiny bit sore, but otherwise fine - course I said the same thing and regretted it majorly the next day after Shingrix #2, so imma gonna shut up now.

There is some evidence apparently that it is best to get all your COVID shots in one arm. Not sure how good the study was though.

Retired physician friend told my mother to avoid getting both shots on the same day. Seems like a good idea since both shots can cause negative effects.
Maybe that was specific to your Mom's health & situation. I am totally fine now, and the pharmacist told me she'd done the 2 shots at the same time on Wednesday and had no issues.
While I understand the sentiment that the vax failed if it needs a booster every 6 months, I am very glad I have that option.
So tired of masking up and hearing stories of people who got sick because others were actively sick and not isolating or masking up.

Moderna bivalent on Wed. Only read side effect was going to bed earlier and getting > 8 hrs of sleep (fitbit tracking) ;) We are feeling pretty confident as all of our shots we've had fairly moderate reaction. Autoimmune spouse stops taking one of your immunity suppression drugs for the last few vaccinations.
Outdoor movie night at friends house this weekend without mask. Road trip with friend before that a few states away and never masked. When eating out we did mostly eat at outdoor seating except for a couple place with limited people. Did walk around a few stores without mask.

Saw below was recently updated (9/10) and it appears that B.4.6 is slowly going to take over if I'm reading the past few weeks correctly.

IH0canI.jpg

Latest BA.4.6 *** 9.2% -> 10.3% --- via: COVID Data Tracker
FvmdagU.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and JRP3
Has anyone here any knowledge about nursing home patient levels in their communities? I was at a meeting yesterday of our local county nursing home support group and the place is at only 50% capacity and has been for a year now. When asked why that was the only answers anyone could come up with was COVID probably killed off a lot of people who would have eventually needed longterm nursing home care and that many people are afraid to go into nursing homes because of fears of what happened during the early months of COVID. Just curious if other places are experiencing this.

Last edited:

Not sure if I believe this but putting out there anyway:
Feel free to correct this statement if you find anything.
The big question is how good the booster will do. And also there is the even bigger question of fitness of this variant, which seems unclear at the moment. These neutralization studies don’t look great, but it is hard to know the exact background of what is neutralizing. How well will BA.5 immunity work?

I still think it is likely that those who are NoVIDs will likely be well served by a booster of the booster BA.5 vaccine (so a second shot of BA.5) in a few months. But we’ll see.

Here’s a good discussion answering a lot of questions about the booster.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
*Well…sigh. I think I was going to use “to be.”

Here is another analysis. This definitely seems like a concern, and the virus seems to be following the predicted path from “deep mutational scanning.” Hopefully it does not have more room to run after that. Looks like this could be our winter wave, and the Omicron booster will not have extremely high efficacy against it, most likely. Though it might not be terrible. Hard to say.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jeff N and DrGriz
*Well…sigh. I think I was going to use “to be.”

Here is another analysis. This definitely seems like a concern, and the virus seems to be following the predicted path from “deep mutational scanning.” Hopefully it does not have more room to run after that. Looks like this could be our winter wave, and the Omicron booster will not have extremely high efficacy against it, most likely. Though it might not be terrible. Hard to say.

Yes, we shall see. As long as we have low vaccine / booster uptake, it will be the gift that keeps on giving.

Bivalent Pfizer and flu shot today.
Let us know how that goes - the COVID shot has enough temporary side effects that I didn't want to get both at the same time despite never having more than a slightly sore arm with the flu shot as the anecdotes I've heard about getting both is that it's not fun.

Also, I wanted to wait for October for the flu shot so that antibody levels are higher during the typical peak flu season. Speaking of which - are there any good flu status tracking websites?

Edit: I did find this CDC website which currently shows flu activity at very low levels:

Let us know how that goes - the COVID shot has enough temporary side effects that I didn't want to get both at the same time despite never having more than a slightly sore arm with the flu shot as the anecdotes I've heard about getting both is that it's not fun.

Also, I wanted to wait for October for the flu shot so that antibody levels are higher during the typical peak flu season. Speaking of which - are there any good flu status tracking websites?

Edit: I did find this CDC website which currently shows flu activity at very low levels:
I had both, no issues. A bit of a sore arm in the COVID side. No continual, but it would hurt if the arm bumped into something. Basically the same as all the other COVID shots I've had.

Reactions: Dave EV and Jeff N