Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No vaccine for RSV.

Actually, the latest conspiracy theory is the COVID vaccination is actually hurting the bodies natural ability to fight off other virus. That is why according to those conspiracy theorist, we are see more people hospitalized by things like RSV. To test this theory with at least one data point, it would be interesting to see how many of those hospitalized for RSV have also taken the COVID vaccination as compared to those that were hospitalized but did not take the COVID vaccination.

Also, another good question would be how many of those in the hospital with RSV, also previously had COVID and what was the severity of the COVID?

Man, wouldn't it be nice if hospitals keep track of these type of information :)

The gentleman (?) is talking about the “coagulating” and immune-damaging (yes I am kidding, this is nonsense) COVID vaccine.
Oh! My mistake. Of course. All of us who have been vaccinated by the Covid vaccine that changes our DNA and wipes out our natural humours are now posting from the afterlife, having succumbed to the odd infected scratch.

Actually, the latest conspiracy theory is the COVID vaccination is actually hurting the bodies natural ability to fight off other virus. That is why according to those conspiracy theorist, we are see more people hospitalized by things like RSV. To test this theory with at least one data point, it would be interesting to see how many of those hospitalized for RSV have also taken the COVID vaccination as compared to those that were hospitalized but did not take the COVID vaccination.
I would bet that is coming.

Why would anyone listen to crazy right wing conspiracy nuts? Anyone can make up any crazy theory they want, why not go with the 5G chip theory?

Because RSV was never this prevalent until now and according the right wing conspiracy nuts, those that are vaccinated ARE the ones getting more sick so it would be nice to get some data points from someone who has relatives in the field. I'm not sure what the 5G chip theory is with respect to covid, but you can do your own digging on that subject.

Science is about asking questions and gathering data points. To dismiss things outright is not what science is about. When someone tells me something, I verify from multiple sources and I try to debunk it myself with logic. Well, at least that is the way my brain works.

I live in Illinois. Since covid is still happening, why isn't Illinois shutdown? Why isn't CA? Obviously, CA, IL, etc.. have elected great leaders. If what we have done in the past works, why is everyone abandoning these things? Political leaders on BOTH side of the aisle are doing this. If mask mandates worked a few years ago, they should work now, right? If lock downs worked a few years ago, they should work now? But yet, no mask mandates... no lockdowns.. no forcing at home learning for kids, etc..

Have those leaders that were pro lockdown, pro mask, pro vacines etc.. Have they lost their minds? After all, we still have COVID and there maybe spikes in the future. What is the reason for pro lockdown, pro mask leaders to start acting like Trump, DeSantis, Abbot, etc especially if you believe Trump, DeSantis, Abbbot are "poor leaders"? Why are they following "poor leaders"?
When were you ever “locked down”? Please include examples of being locked down as well.

Asked my wife (a cardiologist for over 30 years) how things are at her hospital. She said about every other patient she is seeing has COVID or Flu. I asked if what she was seeing them for was related to COVID or Flu and she said a lot of the COVID patients have new onset arrhythmias related to COVID. She's given up asking patients to wear masks. She wears an N95 and stays as far away from them as possible.
More to the point new-onset arrhythmias assumed by someone, based on limited observational data, to perhaps somehow be related to COVID. If in patients with pericarditis/myocarditis in good correlation with covid that's definitely suspicious but like most speculations with covid pretty much just that, speculation. If the observation is we are seeing more new-onset arrhythmias and more also covid positive patients the correlation is just that, observational.

When were you ever “locked down”? Please include examples of being locked down as well.

My company closed and we were place on "remote work". Once that eased up, if you didn't take the vaccine, you were singled out to to do a daily temperature check and a weekly COVID test. My gym was closed; so were many restaurants and bars. At one point, people were saying that grocery stores could also be closed or the hours limited. My 5 year old son's preschool was closed for a while. He was later forced to do remote learning. When he was in school, he was forced to wear a mask. For months at a time, he didn't really get to see the faces of other students. All elective surgery were post phoned. IIRC, my son had to skip a yearly examination because of COVID. I lived by the lake front in Chicago. The lakefront bike path was shutdown. The basketball league I was in also shut down. During the shutdown, I was not in the healthiest shape. Obviously, there were other more negative effects on other Chicagoans. I think they shut down the CTA and the L for a bit. Several restaurants also closed temporary... but ultimately, it became permanent.

Last edited:
More to the point new-onset arrhythmias assumed by someone, based on limited observational data, to perhaps somehow be related to COVID. If in patients with pericarditis/myocarditis in good correlation with covid that's definitely suspicious but like most speculations with covid pretty much just that, speculation. If the observation is we are seeing more new-onset arrhythmias and more also covid positive patients the correlation is just that, observational.
As I've stated here before my wife saw a huge increase in cardiac arrhythmias after COVID started, particularly Afib. This is nothing new. It continues.

Reactions: DrGriz
Regarding RSV, my wife said she had never seen an adult patient hospitalized with RSV before this past month. She's sure it has happened but she's never seen adults that sick from RSV to need hospitalization. It was always a childhood threat. She has no idea why this is happening now but I suppose it could be related to the triple pandemic or just COVID wearing down immune systems or just bad timing for RSV mutating to being more virulent in adults.
Right, well we never in the past tested adults for RSV. Now with the combination swabs covid/flu/rsv we test them all. We never before recognized RSV in adults because we never looked. In the past, we would just have call it an unidentified virus/bacteria and treated as such. Meaning unlikely to be a new thing just an observational shift......

As I've stated here before my wife saw a huge increase in cardiac arrhythmias after COVID started, particularly Afib. This is nothing new. It continues.
Yes. This huge VA observational study shows clear evidence of increased CV disease including and especially arrhythmias post Covid.

Right, well we never in the past tested adults for RSV. Now with the combination swabs covid/flu/rsv we test them all. We never before recognized RSV in adults because we never looked. In the past, we would just have call it an unidentified virus/bacteria and treated as such. Meaning unlikely to be a new thing just an observational shift......

I heard about this also. Madodel's wife can tell us if this is true or not in her hospital.

Man, wouldn't it be nice if hospitals keep track of these type of information :)

You’re likely not the first to think of this, but putting together a study with cohorts that are actually matched, which actually has statistical significance is pretty difficult.

Hopefully someone will do this and see whether prior COVID is a factor, etc. - or indeed whether there is any increase in RSV severity at all.

Of course, there is a correlation between excess deaths and a whole bunch of folks dying from covid. That is a very different thing from assuming more deaths mean the cause of death is covid.

A whole bunch of people die from covid and obviously, the recorded mortality rate goes up. So from here on out through reality, we know that when the recorded mortality rate goes up there are more covid deaths. Or maybe not know but we can safely assume.......

No that is not what I was saying. It’s just something to keep an eye on. Excess mortality is bad, and we should try to determine the causes! Correlation is not causation.

You said you were seeing a lot less COVID pneumonia. That’s good. It seems about 10x less common than the peaks according to the mortality data. It’s good to keep an eye on excess mortality to make sure there aren’t deaths we are missing which may be attributed to COVID (or something else!). Maybe ones that never make it to a hospital!

We want to see mortality get to baseline, and it is definitely not there yet, and if you just calculate the numbers based on official data, COVID is a big contributor to that (causative).

Oh! My mistake. Of course. All of us who have been vaccinated by the Covid vaccine that changes our DNA and wipes out our natural humours are now posting from the afterlife, having succumbed to the odd infected scratch.
This we know for fact. The good news is that Elon, through Twitter, can tweak our covid chips to balance those humours........