Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Correct camera models for FSD camera upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have a late 2016 Model S with FSD, Hardware 3.0, and MCU 2.
I have an FSD camera upgrade appointment coming up soon. I have read somewhere in these forums that some service centers are installing the wrong camera models during these "upgrade appointments" and just installing a new unit of the same camera model. Is anyone aware of exact camera model numbers or anything I should confirm with the service center prior to the appointment? Thanks so much!

I have an FSD camera upgrade appointment coming up soon. I have read somewhere in these forums that some service centers are installing the wrong camera models during these "upgrade appointments" and just installing a new unit of the same camera model. Is anyone aware of exact camera model numbers or anything I should confirm with the service center prior to the appointment? Thanks so much!
Hi,
My car just went in to the GR shop to get the cameras I will let you know tomorrow what they installed. I will be heart broken if they put in the wrong ones!!!!

The thread cited has the answer but that thread is the length of War and Peace to read/search. I also have a late 2016 S and it took two tries to get the front triple camera correct. Attached are copies of my two invoices and they seem to be correct installs as I have been on FSD Beta since late 12/2021😀 (Note that some people have reported slightly different Model S part numbers as unfortunately Tesla does change part numbers. Also I believe the part numbers for Model X have some differences from Model S.)

Attachments

• 60C01816-7417-4893-BC1D-78D1DF6FB208.jpeg
    60C01816-7417-4893-BC1D-78D1DF6FB208.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 259
  • 1E8375BB-AFC5-489C-9330-433ED04D97CF.jpeg
    1E8375BB-AFC5-489C-9330-433ED04D97CF.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Same car here: a late 2016 Model S with FSD, Hardware 3.0, and MCU 2

Anyone get FSD Beta actually working with the new cameras on a late 2016-2017 model S? I'm waiting till November to make an appt when a new service center opens near my house to get the camera upgrades done. both our model 3's got the FSD beta and working well overall! So far my model S hasn't received the FSD Beta - will I get the software first or do the cameras have to be upgraded first (My safety score on the S is still lagging :p

will I get the software first or do the cameras have to be upgraded first
Need the cameras first. Look at spreadsheet in the beliw and update your info if it's new. This lists the part #'s you need. Tesla is consistently installing the wrong parts for some reason

Reactions: cybergates
My Car: late 2016 refreshed Model S with FSD, Hardware 3.0, and MCU 2 - United States.
Received message on tesla app inbox about complementary FSD camera upgrade.

All 5 Cameras replaced at Service center:
Parts Replaced or Added

B-PILLAR CAMERA, LEFT(1069104-SL-D)
B-PILLAR CAMERA, RIGHT(1069104-SR-D)
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
REPEATER CAMERA, LEFT HAND(149586622-C)
REPEATER CAMERA, RIGHT HAND(149586722-C)

Nice to have real color backup side camera views.