TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Correction: can anyone in Adelaide please lend me a J1772 adaptor for

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by BenT, Nov 19, 2016.

1. BenT

BenT Member

I am planning a lightening trip to KI next weekend. they have EV charging facilities but they are all in the wrong places where you don't necessarily want to spend 2-3 hrs charging as I want to be mainly on the south coast and down the west end. I am hoping to get away with using my universal mobile charger to charge overnight but this will probably be only 10amp so I will be cutting it fine to get there and back in 2 days. I would love to borrow a Chadmeo to Tesla adaptor so I can pick up some quick power in Penneshaw. Could anyone lend me one for a few days? Happy to compensate with a bottle of wine.

2. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Maybe bite the bullet and buy one from Tim at Evnomics.
    It is a handy thing to keep in your froot.

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Just be aware that the 10A is excruciatingly slow. I recently did a trip out west and because I arrived at the motel late I had only added about 80km of range by the time I had to check out in the morning.
    Was getting about 8km/hr according to the Tesla app.

4. mhh

mhh Member

Hi Ben I think I can help. Call me on 0438 000 222. Cheers. Mark

• Helpful x 1
  5. BenT

BenT Member

Thanks Mark. With much sadness I have decided to take the wife's ICE.