Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corrective Steering applied off road detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y keeps giving me the "Corrective steering applied, off road detected" (or something very similar) error/alarm. I am going less than 25mph, in parking lots, or on residential streets when this happens. I don't feel anything in the steering. It usually scares the crap out of me and I come to a stop. Is this something others are experiencing, or should I ask for service?

My model Y keeps giving me the "Corrective steering applied, off road detected" (or something very similar) error/alarm. I am going less than 25mph, in parking lots, or on residential streets when this happens. I don't feel anything in the steering. It usually scares the crap out of me and I come to a stop. Is this something others are experiencing, or should I ask for service?
You didn't happen to only replace 2 of 4 tires have you? On my other car with a staggered setup, the first time I replaced the tires, I only replaced the back 2, becuase the front 2 still had quite a bit of meat left... However, I ended up having to replace all 4, becuase otherwise the stability control kept freaking out at any kind of turn/curve, even at low speed around 30mph.

You didn't happen to only replace 2 of 4 tires have you? On my other car with a staggered setup, the first time I replaced the tires, I only replaced the back 2, becuase the front 2 still had quite a bit of meat left... However, I ended up having to replace all 4, becuase otherwise the stability control kept freaking out at any kind of turn/curve, even at low speed around 30mph.