TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Corvallis OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PlanB, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Does anyone know of a HPWC in Corvallis for public use. I am heading down for Christmas and need a place to charge.

Thanks.

2. psingram

psingram Member

Supercharger in Eugene / Springfield just down the road, check maps, I think it is about 30 mi. maybe a little less. Exit 195B

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The Tesla website "Find Us" page does not show any HPWCs in the Corvallis area, or in southern Oregon. Check Plugshare.com, there are quite a few listings.

4. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Yeah I have done that. I was hoping someone here has one that is not listed on a public site.

5. ChrisPDX

ChrisPDX Member

How long are you staying in Corvallis and how much driving do you intend to do? If you will be there for at least a few days and only plan to drive around town, then a simple 120v outlet will be more then enough. I've done many trips where I just plugged into a regular outlet at a hotel or house I was staying at. Those 3 miles of range per hour add up if you aren't doing much driving while in town!

6. gglockner

gglockner Member

What you're looking for would be listed in the residential sites on PlugShare.

7. donv

donv Member

If you're coming from the north, Woodburn Supercharger isn't all that far either.

8. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Love the Woodburn charger, it's always empty. My car has been charging at Panera Bread for 3 hours. Love the free 30 amps!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419380499.432717.jpg

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

10. RichardL

RichardL Member

Just out of interest regarding Oregon - how is their weird 'no self service Gas' law written - is it OK to plug in your own electric car, or do you need an 'expert' to help you?

11. freds

freds Member

So far it is or else Tesla would have to station someone at the supercharge sites.