Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cory Johnson: Perpetual $TSLA Cynic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cory is an idiot, he has no insight on the auto industry but is frequently sought on bloomberg to give his opinion on tesla. For about a year whenever he was asked about tesla he'd go into this rant about "why do they call it a giga factory? whats the giga for?" mocking the name, going on and on even though the question had nothing to do about the factory. He's been told on air multiple times the giga is for the billion kwh for future production but it doesn't get through. I have no idea why he hates tesla so much, almost all of his facts about the company are wrong.

theres definitely a personal vendetta there...if this were a comic book he would be one of the main villains.

-Cory Johnson is equivalent to the Joker
-Kass is Dr. doom perhaps
-John Peterson is Magneto,
-The Car Czar lady on Fox News is CatWoman,
-the Auto Dealers are equivalent to the Sentinels

any other villains out there we can match up?

Anton Walman from thestreet.com constantly bashes Tesla, read his articles its a hoot.

The anti-Tesla sentiment is wide spread in the media. Mr. Johnson is just part of it at Bloomberg, as are Kathleen Hays and Vonnie Quinn-who recently noted they wouldn't spend $100K for a car you can only drive 100 miles. Advertisers pay their salaries, and until Tesla opts to mass advertise, media outlets will take advantage of every opportunity to communicate in a derogatory manner about Tesla.

Elon Musk Tops Vanity Fair’s Disruptors List: Video - Bloomberg

Actually so funny how Cory has to spew his bearish nonsense about Tesla every time the company is mentioned, even his co host Emily is getting sick of it. I wonder if anyone is paying him to harp on the stock or if he is just bitter about missing out on a great investment.

Great to see even his co-hosts are picking him up on it and calling him out. This has gotta be personal, I think Elon must have slept with his girlfriend or something.

Actually so funny how Cory has to spew his bearish nonsense about Tesla every time the company is mentioned, even his co host Emily is getting sick of it. I wonder if anyone is paying him to harp on the stock or if he is just bitter about missing out on a great investment.
I also just noticed that at the end of the interview that Cory actually makes an analogy between Tesla and someone who's selling a dollar for 50 cents, and how that would be very popular. He's basically saying that Tesla is another one of history's great scams and, Elon is just a con artist. And his comment about Tesla owners..we're just idiots who don't really love their cars, but we just love the fact we're getting that dollar for 50cents and THATS why we're so in love w/Tesla and Elon.

Last edited:

Now this kind of response by Cory starts to cross into pathological. He seems unable to contain or control his strong emotions when Elon or Tesla are mentioned.

How could a pretty down to earth, smart guy hate Tesla so much? My theory is that it's not mostly him, it's pressure from Bloomberg/the outside.
No, I don't think so, the other Bloomberg reporters are either neutral or slightly optimistic on Tesla. I don't know what Cory's problem is, my opinion is he sounds like he either lost a ton of money shorting tsla or has friends in the investment community short tesla. In this interview he adds irrelevant factoids (concept Model X hatch doesn't work ~3yrs ago?) and states them as significant, pertinent info during this Q3 earnings call. He misleads unfamiliar viewers this way. Just replay all of his interviews on this thread and you will see that he has a severe anti-Tesla bias that is in no way objective. We should petition Bloomberg to remove him from any future commenting on Tesla.

It's blatant and sad. It really feels personal to me and I gotta think Elon offended him in some way in the past. Regardless of the reason, that ridiculously biased segment damages Bloomberg's credibility.
Cory Johnson is Bloomberg TV's Glenn Beck, only way less entertaining. The sheer mass of idiocy that this guy can produce in only 5 minutes of airtime is astounding. He is one of the most skillful trolls I have ever had the privilege to be nauseated by.