Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cory Johnson: Perpetual $TSLA Cynic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He is just... sad. You could see the other guy, Kyle, be kind of blasé about it all as he seemed to get the real deal minus the conspiracy theories and doomsday scenarios. Bloomberg is possibly giving CJ air time just to get some eyeballs on these pieces.

Yes, if someone has any connections at Bloomberg it would be nice to know what the deal is because clearly is an overboard Bear, more so than any news person on any other stock I have ever see ...for example, do they keep Corey on to help bring in the ad revenue from other auto companies who envy Tesla's success?

Our friend at Bloomberg is not wasting any time. Demand is falling!

Cory Johnson.png

I find both 1 and 2 unlikely. My impression is that he is very bitter at anything Tesla and EM, for unknown reasons. It is his emotions, not his IQ, that drive him into uncontrolled spilling of Tesla sarcasm (hatred) at any opportunity.

He may be emotional, but you have to be one of those to make the statement: Today is the first Tesla has reported supply outstripping demand.

I find both 1 and 2 unlikely. My impression is that he is very bitter at anything Tesla and EM, for unknown reasons. It is his emotions, not his IQ, that drive him into uncontrolled spilling of Tesla sarcasm (hatred) at any opportunity.

People don't like to be wrong. I know plenty of people who dig in their heels and grasp at straws despite being repeatedly defeated in arguments on a wide variety of subjects.

People don't like to be wrong. I know plenty of people who dig in their heels and grasp at straws despite being repeatedly defeated in arguments on a wide variety of subjects.

That is a dangerous trait. When people dig their heels in, that makes them stuck and unable to move forward.

Cory and LT are of the same kind, stuck in their position that Tesla will fail.

He may be emotional, but you have to be one of those to make the statement: Today is the first Tesla has reported supply outstripping demand.
I don't know why he does it, but the way I see it, the statement
Today is the first time Tesla has reported supply outstripping demand
qualifies as a straight-up lie. He must know Tesla has reported no such thing.

Curt and all,
The overall aim of this interview was clearly to chisel away at Elon Musk's credibility. The specific issue is his stating in 2013 that demand was not an issue. Elon spoke truthfully, but Johnson and the writer are both challenging Elon's assertions because if he lied then, he will lie again.

In spring of 2013 I had been waiting for over a year to receive my Tesla S. That car finally arrived in May, and I will tell you that the majority of reservation holders, including myself, (we had all put down $5000 or more) were extremely eager to complete our purchase. To assert that factory workers had to be taken off the job and the factory temporarily closed down in order to get the reservation holders to sign the papers and complete the deals is a wild fish story. The vast majority of us were chomping at the bit to get our Teslas.

Yes, there were small issues such as malfunctioning door handles, but these were handled by Tesla's staff so well that 98% of Tesla owners gave the company a vote of confidence. Would this number have been lower if the scenario painted by Johnson and the writer were true? Yes, much lower.

Johnson's motive? With the April 30 and ER announcements coming up, Johnson wishes to cast doubt on positive assertions made by Musk (if he lied once, he'll lie again).

This Cory fellow is indeed anti-Tesla and a biased journalist. I've been watching Bloomberg for awhile now and have noticed that every time Cory talks about Tesla, he snidely suggests somehow that Elon is lying about numbers. It doesn't matter what the earnings say. At one point there was a suggestion that "Tesla is hiding 12,000 inventory cars". I don't know about any of you but I would have loved an "inventory" car but I instead had to wait for my car to be built. As of late, he said Tesla delivering 10,000+ cars in Q1 2015 math doesn't add up. Suggested that "he can do math" and that 10,000 per quarter isn't going to get Tesla to 55,000 cars by the end of 2015. This is nonsense of course since Tesla has historically increased deliveries throughout the year and he failed to mention that the factory in Fremont has been retooled to produce more cars as well as the Model X in Q3. Anyhow, the list goes on and on. It's no wonder Musk banned Cory from his Twitter.

More BS from Corey Johnson today on Bloomberg. Watch how he inserts the old anti-Tesla "Tesla loses money on every Model S" line before asking his question to his colleague in this clip -- if you can afford a few minutes of totally wasted time, that is:

Tesla to Announce Model 3 Sedan

Cory makes sure he always sneaks in misleading nonsense about Tesla losing money on each car produced. Actually the profit margin is about $18,000 on each car, and it's invested in future development. If it went into dividends, the share price would be much lower. Cory has to know this. One must seriously wonder about his motives, and why Bloomberg keeps him on the payroll.

Cory has to know this. One must seriously wonder about his motives, and why Bloomberg keeps him on the payroll.

Obviously he has an agenda. What that agenda is and why it is important for him to constantly attack or downplay Tesla at every opportunity is for a real reporter to find out.

I started a thread about CJ on "news" a while back. Maybe combine the two threads. I believe its title was "Cory Johnson gets it wrong - again!"