Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for Model 3 Tyres from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - that is what I'm finding too. Lots of websites list it as available, you order then they ring you and say it'll be 5 weeks. Local tyre shop told me most of his tyres are being severely delayed and prices inflated because of brexit. No surprises there.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick another tyre if I want to drive anywhere in the next month!
You could always get the non acoustic version which would be the same in all other respects except noise. Cheaper as well.
I wonder if its possible to transfer over the acoustic foam?

Could let us know the actual name of the specific Hankook tyre? Presumably the same 235/45 18 ... ?

Edit: are they
Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120 ?
is that really what they are fitting now? its a lot cheaper than the Michelins but its only a C rolling resistance which seems an odd choice for an EV? and not acoustic? do they think they don't need that anymore with the laminated glass and more insulation?

Thanks - that is what I'm finding too. Lots of websites list it as available, you order then they ring you and say it'll be 5 weeks. Local tyre shop told me most of his tyres are being severely delayed and prices inflated because of brexit. No surprises there.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick another tyre if I want to drive anywhere in the next month!
I've used this company in Germany a few times on previous cars.

Reifen | reifen.com - Markenreifen, Kompletträder und Felgen richtig günstig

Shipping is reasonable and think it's by air freight.

EDIT: They no longer ship to the UK. And so it begins.

is that really what they are fitting now? its a lot cheaper than the Michelins but its only a C rolling resistance which seems an odd choice for an EV? and not acoustic? do they think they don't need that anymore with the laminated glass and more insulation?
Perhaps it’s related to the end of quarter/year push. Needs must etc. If Tesla also can’t get tyres for weeks then they’re not likely to say “oh well we’ll stop selling cars for a bit”

Many people get the non TO tire version, and have reported no difference in sound, the only difference between the TO version is that it has the foam inside. Just like any car, I wouldn't go to the car company to get a tire, they don't want to replace the tire for you, but they will happily charge you a fortune if you really want them to.

Many people get the non TO tire version, and have reported no difference in sound, the only difference between the TO version is that it has the foam inside. Just like any car, I wouldn't go to the car company to get a tire, they don't want to replace the tire for you, but they will happily charge you a fortune if you really want them to.

If you go by the EU label:
  • T0 has B efficiency and B wet weather grip
  • Regular is C efficiency and A wet grip
Which makes sense as you can't have it both ways.

A chap on Reddit suggested that the foam only helps to dull the initial "thud" on a pothole. Tyre noise on Model 3 is likely to be high regardless of the tyre as the arches are unprotected.

If you go by the EU label:
  • T0 has B efficiency and B wet weather grip
  • Regular is C efficiency and A wet grip
Which makes sense as you can't have it both ways.

A chap on Reddit suggested that the foam only helps to dull the initial "thud" on a pothole. Tyre noise on Model 3 is likely to be high regardless of the tyre as the arches are unprotected.

I’ve just changed from the OEM 18 inch Michelin to Goodyear vector 4 season gen 3s. Can’t say I’ve noticed an increase in noise. They are actually quieter than a decent summer anyway though, as per below. It’s the interior noise you want to try and get data/measurements on in my opinion, not the tyre label measurement which is external :)

3940B86A-EDD9-4D8B-8BD4-7525EB0BC0C9.jpeg

I’ve just changed from the OEM 18 inch Michelin to Goodyear vector 4 season gen 3s. Can’t say I’ve noticed an increase in noise. They are actually quieter than a decent summer anyway though, as per below. It’s the interior noise you want to try and get data/measurements on in my opinion, not the tyre label measurement which is external :)

View attachment 620051
I tend to find new tyres quieter than old ones. Maybe the additional depth of tread and movement helps so not sure comparing your worn out Michelins with a new set of Goodyear's would be fair.

Just for clarity, what is the name of the equivalent tyre that doesn't have the acoustic foam?
since the standard fit is "Pilot Sport 4 acoustic" I was talking about "Pilot Sport 4" however if you look at the ratings the acoustic rating is the same but the wet and fuel ratings are different ( B down to C for efficiency and B up to A for wet grip) which is not what you would expect if it was the same tyre just without the foam.?