Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for replacing front Brakes and rotors on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needing a brake job at 27k miles on an EV with regenerative braking due to lack of proper usage or maintenance to them, opening both front doors into brick or stone walls and chipping the paint off the edges of both, scratching the inside rear interior by not properly securing a load, and climbing in and out of the back of the car with biking or baseball cleats on (marring the skid plates) is not exactly my idea of taking proper care of your automobile. Please reply with the proper term I should have used here...

your comparisons are a weak strawman at best. brakes are meant to be used. personally, I don't like how the tesla regen feels with spirited driving and I will opt for brakes. brakes are cheap. using something, as it was intended to be used is not indicative of abuse.

your comparisons are a weak strawman at best. brakes are meant to be used. personally, I don't like how the tesla regen feels with spirited driving and I will opt for brakes. brakes are cheap. using something, as it was intended to be used is not indicative of abuse.
Cool. Keep us all posted regarding how many miles you get from your front inner brake pads; you know, for comparison purposes. By the way, here's what Mr. Musk says about it...

1616975546682.png

Cool. Keep us all posted regarding how many miles you get from your front inner brake pads; you know, for comparison purposes. By the way, here's what Mr. Musk says about it...

View attachment 648884

i will, and i also don't care because the cost of brakes pads are trivial. i paid for big brakes and plan to use them. the tesla regen does not kick in fast enough for quick driving for me.

by the way, how's that full self driving that mr. musk has tweeted about? among other things.