Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for Supercharging Increased ? Where to find prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway of checking the latest price on a computer? ABRP only uses the default rate of £0.42 and Zap-map is dependant on user entries
Tesla doesn't want you to know the price in advance since they want to sell convenience and not a commodity. You can assume it is 50p as of now in most places and heading upwards. One or two places like Heathrow is at 28p. Best to mix it up with rapid and destination charging if you want to keep the costs under control.

Tesla doesn't want you to know the price in advance since they want to sell convenience and not a commodity. You can assume it is 50p as of now in most places and heading upwards. One or two places like Heathrow is at 28p. Best to mix it up with rapid and destination charging if you want to keep the costs under control.
They really don't want you to know... So much so, if you press the SC destination icon, for any location, the price pops up on screen.

They do a terrible job at hiding it.

no overnight meaning as an infrequent user and work commitments i dont get a chance to drive in the day so an overnight charge in a paid for car park, whilst all the shops are shut is a shame
I think you confused people by using the word "overnight" when you are actually just parking for a short period whilst charging during the night, perhaps. (An "overnight" stay in a hotel for example means you are there until morning ...)

Reactions: init6
They really don't want you to know... So much so, if you press the SC destination icon, for any location, the price pops up on screen.

They do a terrible job at hiding it.
Other chargers would happily publish the price on their website and apps and even share it with third parties over API. Tesla cannot hide the prices like this for long since public chargers are mandated to make the prices transparent.

Reactions: greenbottle123
Other chargers would happily publish the price on their website and apps and even share it with third parties over API. Tesla cannot hide the prices like this for long since public chargers are mandated to make the prices transparent.
Tesla are not hiding it. It's right there in the car. You can see it any time you want.

The information is only available when you authenticate as the car. Good luck reverse engineering and providing an API without getting your car banned!
I'm guessing you work in IT if every problem requires an API :)
If you sit in the car you can see the cost for any charger you choose, even Norwegian ones as I discovered.

Seriously though, how often do you need to see the cost? If you're rerouting your drive to take advantage of a few pence saving per kWh, then you've probably bought the wrong type of car.

I'm guessing you work in IT if every problem requires an API :)
If you sit in the car you can see the cost for any charger you choose, even Norwegian ones as I discovered.

Seriously though, how often do you need to see the cost? If you're rerouting your drive to take advantage of a few pence saving per kWh, then you've probably bought the wrong type of car.
Hmm, imagine requiring a BMW or VW to see Ionity prices, Shell Energy to see Shell Recharge prices etc. What a world would that be!