Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of 14-50 charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your cost per mile will vary depending on whether you are able to charge at home and at work. If you have solar panels or when you use a SuperCharger. A better indicator of efficiency is your lifetime Watt hours per mile (Wh/mi) as shown on the vehicle status display (swipe right at the bottom of the vehicle display and then swipe up, up again to show current trip, since last charge, Trip A, Trip B. The Wh/mi only takes into account energy used while driving. Preconditioning or use of the climate control while parked does not affect the Wh/mi. Since June 2020, until January 2021 my lifetime Wh/mi is 271.

Your cost per mile will vary depending on whether you are able to charge at home and at work. If you have solar panels or when you use a SuperCharger. A better indicator of efficiency is your lifetime Watt hours per mile (Wh/mi) as shown on the vehicle status display (swipe right at the bottom of the vehicle display and then swipe up, up again to show current trip, since last charge, Trip A, Trip B. The Wh/mi only takes into account energy used while driving. Preconditioning or use of the climate control while parked does not affect the Wh/mi. Since June 2020, until January 2021 my lifetime Wh/mi is 271.

The lifetime wh/mile is a good indication of the actual driving costs, but doesn't take into account the vampire drain, which adds to the overall costs. It's about 6-7 miles per day for me and it is not insignificant, especially if you're a low mileage driver.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
The lifetime wh/mile is a good indication of the actual driving costs, but doesn't take into account the vampire drain, which adds to the overall costs. It's about 6-7 miles per day for me and it is not insignificant, especially if you're a low mileage driver.
I don't see that much drain, just 1% per day. I don't lock the Model Y or leave Sentry Mode active since I park inside my garage.

I have the TeslaFi app. I LOVE it! My electricity is 8.5 cents per kwh from my PUD. The program does the math for me. So far with 864 home charges, it has cost me $402.33 total for probably 4 years. In January, I had 46 charges at home (it's plugged in all the time) added 168 kwh, and a total cost of $14.77. I drove 264 miles. December was 628 miles, $15 at home, $13 at Superchargers. Feel free to use my referral code for a free month. McCleary TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger