Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of a full PPF wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

juanmedina

Mar 31, 2016
SC
Just wondering how much people are paying to fully wrap their model 3. I am specially curious about 3M Pro or Xpel Ultimate Plus.

The model 3 has tons of glass and the panel curvatures seem simple to wrap.

Thanks

Lots of variables. I wrapped mine. Called every place in the area that had a good reputation and prices ranged from $6k-ish to $11k. The company quoting $11k was for Stealth; the XPEL Ultimate was $10k.

There is a lot of work that goes into a good wrap. I spent a lot of time talking to every shop in detail about their process: do you use kits, or custom cut everything? Do you wrap edges; which edges aren't wrapped and why? What exact items are wrapped and which are not (i.e. door sills, lights, windshield, etc.). Some of it was for my education and some of it was to press these guys to see what they know. I'd also encourage you to go look at their work. In my area lots of Model 3s got delivered right after mine, so I was one of the first ones that would be getting a full wrap in the area at some of these places. That may matter to you or may not, depending on whether you have a hard deadline on needing the car back or can give them time to figure it out and do it right. I'd rather it be good than fast, so I choose a cheaper place that was motivated to learn the Model3 particulars, but accepted that I'd have to give them some time to get it right. They also basically promised they'd redo anything I was not happy with.

Reactions: nogassnorlax
Lots of variables. I wrapped mine. Called every place in the area that had a good reputation and prices ranged from $6k-ish to $11k. The company quoting $11k was for Stealth; the XPEL Ultimate was $10k.
Those prices are insane. There are other shops in the area that will do it for a fraction of that cost. Even if you have to have it re-done in a few years for some reason, you'd still save money.

Related thread from a Seattle vendor (lists a price on the higher end of your range) Vendor - Tesla Model 3 Protection

Those prices are insane. There are other shops in the area that will do it for a fraction of that cost. Even if you have to have it re-done in a few years for some reason, you'd still save money.

Related thread from a Seattle vendor (lists a price on the higher end of your range) Vendor - Tesla Model 3 Protection

I spoke to probably 10 shops in the Seattle/Bellevue area, including that one you just linked. All the prices were quoted within that range. There were a couple of shops who I didn't get very far with because their attitude was so bad. Entirely possible they might've come in lower priced, but the initial interaction was bad enough that I wasn't going to do business with them regardless.

Be interested to hear who you know of that is lower priced as I'm always looking for decent shops for additional work I'm planning to do.

Reactions: RopDaddy
I spoke to probably 10 shops in the Seattle/Bellevue area, including that one you just linked. All the prices were quoted within that range. There were a couple of shops who I didn't get very far with because their attitude was so bad. Entirely possible they might've come in lower priced, but the initial interaction was bad enough that I wasn't going to do business with them regardless.

Be interested to hear who you know of that is lower priced as I'm always looking for decent shops for additional work I'm planning to do.

Hey there Cap'n, are there any udates to your wrap search? My TM3 will be coming to Seattle soon ( hahaha) and I'm looking to get a 3M liquid Copper wrap. Did you try GorillaMad for a quote? I'm seriously considering going to Portland or even Van. BC to get a fair price. Seattle/Bellevue prices are crazy high. I'd appreciate any vues or comments you may have. Thanks ~ Rich

I was quoted $4000 for xpel clear and $4500 for xpel stealth at a xpel certified shop. The other xpel certified shop in the area quoted $4500 for clear and $5300 for xpel stealth. $850 for ceramic coating at the first shop and the other one quoted $1500.

FWIW here's what the shop I'm likely going with said about ceramic coating over the xpel-

coating shop said:
The films we use have a similar coating to ceramics, in that it's hydrophobic. Water sheds easily off the film. Some users have been known to install coatings on the films to theoretically add to that feature and extend the life of the film. It's hard to say how well it works but I would think to some point it will.

We can install CQuartz on the film after it's done (if you do the entire car) for $500

I was thinking of full xpel ultimate wrap. Quotes I received were anywhere from 4300-6500 The thought of spending that much really bugs me but then when I think about my OCD’ness it seems like a good deal. I know it won’t protect against everything but at least I won’t be afraid to park it at shopping centers, etc.

My lowest quote for matte PPF was $4,000. It should be finished tomorrow. The material is Xpel Stealth, from an Xpel certified shop. I got several other quotes that were mostly $5,500-$6,000, up to $7k from the other Xpel certified shop here in Las Vegas.

It really depends on the quality of the install, seamed kit or 1 piece front bumper with no seams, one piece full mirrors, kit on the rest of the car, removing emblems and reinstalling, 1 piece rear hatch or kit two piece, kit cut or all custom/bulk, paint correction prior (yes you need at least 1 step for best outcome, but no need for full correction really), wrapped and capped corners or just the standard wrapped edges with the 1/4" of the corner not wrapped, etc.

Its way more complex to do a custom install and time consuming, hence the higher price. Kits are slap it on and get it out, hence the lower price. So you really cant compare the two. We can do a kit install of the whole car in 1-2 full day with two people. Or, a custom install in 3 days with 2 people. There is no way to short cut things from our perspective, we typically do custom installs anymore as we don't like the kit look with all the seams and edges. (albeit some edges you cant wrap, but we trim the seam and try to make it hardly noticeable.

4k is way too low, even for a kit install. There will be little attention to higher quality as labor and material eat up too much of that price to stay on it. Redo panels probably wont be done, and output will suffer. 11k is probably from a high priced area where rent and labor is expensive and work will/should be 98% perfect (nothing is ever perfect). Anything custom in a decent area should probably be in the 6500-7500 range IMO. Full kit should be in the 5-6k range.

If anyone in the socal area would like to come by for a quote in person, we are always happy to accommodate.

Full fronts are usually around 1500 to 2500 (less for kit, more for custom). If you are getting a 1200 or 1000 price, run away. There is no room in that for any issues that may come up and need to be redone. (we have seen the work from a few 900 dollar and 1200 dollar shops and its not good. Of course there are always minor nuances with film, but the bigger issues shouldn't leave a shop the way we have seen things.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Hey there Cap'n, are there any udates to your wrap search? My TM3 will be coming to Seattle soon ( hahaha) and I'm looking to get a 3M liquid Copper wrap. Did you try GorillaMad for a quote? I'm seriously considering going to Portland or even Van. BC to get a fair price. Seattle/Bellevue prices are crazy high. I'd appreciate any vues or comments you may have. Thanks ~ Rich
I haven't been looking for any quotes on full wrap work as I'm happy with the XPEL Stealth wrap that I already had done. I did speak with GorillaMad about a chrome delete. I had a few shops that won't do chrome deletes and recommend GorillaMad. Think they were asking like $1k for the chrome delete.